Third parking garage coming to Disney Springs

GAVB

When you accept a job at places like malls and I'm sure Disney springs, you agree to abide by certain rules as a condition of your employment. Such as where to park.
Again the point is referring to something built with public money on private property for a for profit corporation. Most places that are in the same predicament request for you to park not make it mandatory.

jt04

The parking garage help keep traffic from backing up on to state and county roads. And also I-4. That is clearly a public interest.

Monorail_Red_77

At Disney Springs tonight 11/9. In lime garage, all sensors for parking spaces are removed with just the posts remaining. Also signage on ramps, etc are being retired. Looks like Ethernet cabling wound up near signage attachments. Will try to get pics when we leave. Made it very hard to find a spot in an at capacity garage, at least it felt like it. Gave up after three floors and went to 5th.

Last edited:

Monorail_Red_77

Here are the pics from tonight showing what looks like the conduit the old sensors were attached to. Also the signage that showed spaces available both on a deck as well as on the exit ramp.

1A52D306-060E-42E1-8819-6AE709A6AF35.jpeg
E0133582-3932-4CC3-84B9-874F745B13AB.jpeg

mm121

At Disney Springs tonight 11/9. In lime garage, all sensors for parking spaces are removed with just the posts remaining. Also signage on ramps, etc are being retired. Looks like Ethernet cabling wound up near signage attachments. Will try to get pics when we leave. Made it very hard to find a spot in an at capacity garage, at least it felt like it. Gave up after three floors and went to 5th.
Here are the pics from tonight showing what looks like the conduit the old sensors were attached to. Also the signage that showed spaces available both on a deck as well as on the exit ramp.

View attachment 325491View attachment 325492
Wow, wonder what their doing.
The system isn't even 3 years old yet.

Monorail_Red_77

Wow, wonder what their doing.
The system isn't even 3 years old yet.
It has been stated on here a bit back that they were going to transition to a new parking space management system. An article cited the current vendor ststaing they are signed up for the new garage and didn’t know about a new system. I believe. This looks to me like the new system is being installed. On the up ramps (no pics) you can see the comm/network wires sticking out of the existing space count signs on the ramp walls. Like it’s new wiring or something.

Will have to wait and see but it pretty much cements it for me. New parking space management system coming in. Last time I was in Lime Garage, last month. The old parking system was working fine.

maxairmike

They had the new sensors/indicators on at least part of one floor of Lime when I was there last week and actually parked in that garage instead of Orange. I believe they had them installed on about half of floor 3, and were also installing on floor 2, though it could have been floors 4 and 3. I can't quite remember. Just long white sticks hanging down from the ceiling with an LED on the end. The sensors are closer to the middle line of the spots than the back of the spots, so hopefully they'll be more consistent and correct reading smaller cars and motorcycles.

Monorail_Red_77

They had the new sensors/indicators on at least part of one floor of Lime when I was there last week and actually parked in that garage instead of Orange. I believe they had them installed on about half of floor 3, and were also installing on floor 2, though it could have been floors 4 and 3. I can't quite remember. Just long white sticks hanging down from the ceiling with an LED on the end. The sensors are closer to the middle line of the spots than the back of the spots, so hopefully they'll be more consistent and correct reading smaller cars and motorcycles.
Thanks for the clarified update. To me last night it just looked like empty posts. Guess it was because I was used to the high old sensors. Plus we ended up parking up on 5th level since it was a packed night. So perhaps they are close to being done. Maybe another few weeks or month and we will see it back in operation. Sure don’t know what you have till it’s gone. Even the old system was better than nothing. LOL. Can’t wait for the new one to come online.

Monorail_Red_77

Parked in Orange garage today. They still have the old parking detector system in place and working. It’s blurry but here’s a pic you can see the old sensors still.

E89D35DE-DFF2-40DD-B4F2-66BAD71FBD18.jpeg

MotherOfBirds

anyone have a guess of when this will be opening? how much work do you think they have left to do at this point?

I wish it was by Thanksgiving, but I know that won't happen. We went to DS last night around 5:30 and both garages were filled to capacity with only a handful of spots open in surface parking behind Cirque. If it isn't done by the time the first wave of Christmas tourists get here then they are utterly hosed.

jt04

I wish it was by Thanksgiving, but I know that won't happen. We went to DS last night around 5:30 and both garages were filled to capacity with only a handful of spots open in surface parking behind Cirque. If it isn't done by the time the first wave of Christmas tourists get here then they are utterly hosed.

They might as well start digging foundations for the 4th garage. Cirque will be here before they know it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom