Thinking about Christmas...

Cara1210

Okay, so this will be a little long, so sorry.

My husband and I have been throwing around the idea of doing WDW for Christmas this year instead of tons of toys that will get played with for a week and then be broken. We have 4 children, all of whom love WDW. We just got back from our summer trip 8 days ago, and we all wish we were still there.

Here's what were thinking about doing. On Dec. 24th, get the kids ready for bed as usual, but after we're done putting them in their beds, my husband would say that he heard something downstairs, and that we should all go see what it is. (My kids are young, 6,5,2 and 1, so they will fall for it). Under the tree will be some kind of note from Santa saying that he's very sorry, but they won't have any presents under the tree, because they will be going to WDW instead. There will also be some Disney Dollars in with the note for them to buy their own gifts when they get there. Then, we will put their coats on them and set off for the 14 hour ride to WDW.

I have to make this decision soon, because there are very few resorts with rooms left as it is, so what do you think? Would you do it? Just looking for some outside opinions, because my husband and I are always looking for an excuse to go to WDW.

Thanks in advance for any input!:D

mousefan1972

I would do it. That sounds great. We only have 2 kids but the amount of stuff they get at Christmas is obscene. I would glady run off to WDW if I could get DH to agree... Do it!! Do it!!! :) And what a great idea!!

Upvote 0

MasonDuo

I absolutely love that idea!!! Your kids will love it!! I say go for it--it will be one of the most memorable holidays you all will ever have! :xmas:

Upvote 0

slowbee

Do It... 'Santa got us a trip to Disney World'...

We do a christmas trip each year because our kids get so much from the grandparents...

You'll love it... It's such a special time to go. Be warned... Christmas Eve & Day is INSANE. We go the first or 2nd week in Dec. due to not wanting to deal with the crowds.

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

I absolutely love that idea!!! Your kids will love it!! I say go for it--it will be one of the most memorable holidays you all will ever have! :xmas:
I agree, especially if each child will have Disney Dollars to spend for their Special Gift from WDW. I wish my parents were as great as you! Would you consider adopting a 50 y.o. man?:lol:

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

OK, but pse be aware that the week between Christmas Day and New Year's Day is one of the most crowded times at WDW.
Crowds can be at the 'This Is Nuts' level.

Good luck.
:xmas: :xmas:

Upvote 0

bigtotoro

Great an idea as that is...you might have to fudge the days a little. Do you really want to fly on one of the busiest air travel days of the year? Do you really want to goto the parks when it so uncomfortably crowded that you can't do anything? Couldn't Santa get you a trip for January?

Upvote 0

happymom52003

If you dont mind the insane crowds, go for it! My kids would LOVE that! But I don't know if I would have the will power to not tell them sooner:rolleyes: .
What a fun idea!:xmas:

Upvote 0

scole3388

Oh, boy, I agree w/ happymom. I don't know if I could keep the secret. What a wonderful memory this will be from Santa while everyone's still a believer. I'd do it, going in knowing what the crowd level will be. WDW is an even magical-er place at Chrismastime! We'll be there then - Merry Christmas!:xmas:

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

As long as you don't mind dealing with very large crowds, I say go for it. Your kids will always remember how Santa brought them a trip to Disney World.

Upvote 0

Cara1210

Original Poster
I should have known what you all would say!:ROFLOL: Thanks for all of your input!
As far as the crowds go, we've been there for the 4th of July, so I figure, if we can handle crowds in that heat, then crowds in Dec. weather won't seem quite as bad. My husband will find out if he will be able to have the time off by Tues. of next week, so I think I'll make a reservation tomorrow, so that we'll have a room. Oh, I hope we will be able to do this!:sohappy: By the way, does anyone have an opinion on the Yacht Club or Beach Club? Which is better? We've never stayed at either of them and they are two of the very few resorts with rooms left right now. The other is the Poly., which we love, but it just doesn't say "Christmas" to me. Thanks again:D

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

I would do it..but also have little gifts or stocking stuffers that they can enjoy on the way down..like books or a new DVD they can watch in the car..Especially for the older 2..:)

Have a GREAT time!

Upvote 0

scole3388

We stayed at the Yacht Club at Christmas in 2005, and had a wonderful time. I prefer it to the BC just because I like the atmosphere better. Guests decorate their balconies which is fun. We had 2 rooms overlooking the lake and the Boardwalk. The decorations at the YC are subdued, in good taste, not over the top. And, you can go take a look at decorations at the BC and Boardwalk. I'm so excited for you!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Cute idea and I'm sure you will have fun. I will echo the crowd thing however. I would stress being at your given park first thing and coasting come afternoon.
MK will be particularly full.

Upvote 0

Cara1210

Original Poster
Great an idea as that is...you might have to fudge the days a little. Do you really want to fly on one of the busiest air travel days of the year? Do you really want to goto the parks when it so uncomfortably crowded that you can't do anything? Couldn't Santa get you a trip for January?

I wish that we could do a January trip, but my oldest son is in a very selective accelerated program at his school, and he needs to be there unless he is sick.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom