Things You've Never Done

pintraderpayee

aeillill said:
How do you wake Tink?
This is one of my DD's (12) goals for this trip. You go to Tink's Treasures in Fantasyland and "wake" her. She comes out of her box and "flies" around the room. I think it's a lighting effect, but DD wants to be able to say she did it. My DD is a prankster. This will be her 6th trip traveling with some of my students and she has them all convinced that her favorite drink is Beverly from Club Cool!! She even put it on her "to do" list;) I have the camera ready for their first taste:slurp: :lol:

19 days until we are ºoºrlando bound-27 teens- school bus- 930 miles of smiles:hammer: :sohappy:

Kadee

I've done most everything that was there the last time I went....Well, everything I WANTED to do. There are a few things that I won't do (fear, disinterest, etc) However, there are many new attractions that have been added since my last trip that I am dying to do:
1. Soarin' ....even with my extreme fear of heights, I can no wait
2. Mission:Space .... I'm a science teacher, so I think I am required to do this.
3. LMA.... This may be bordering on disinterest.....I may do it once just to say I did.

There are a few more things, but I don't want to drag this out.

Restaurants..... There are TOO many to list. We have our favorites and eat at those everytime, but we try to get in a couple of new ones on every trip. We just don't go enough.

For those of you who have not been to Tom Sawyer's Island, you have to try it. I absolutely love it. I know not all of you will love it, but it is something you have to do at least once.

CMALOVESDISNEY

Here we go!

MK:

Country Bears
Tom Sawyer Island ( next time)
Swiss Family Treehouse
Stitch's Great Escape
Ariel's Grotto
Storytime with Belle
Toon Town Rides

EPCOT:
Soarin' ( the line was over 2 hours everytime)
Circle of Life
Impressions De France
Leave A Legacy
Turtle Talk With Crush ( wasn't open when I was there)
Bistro de Paris
Le Chefs de France
Restuarant Marrakesh

MGM:
Sounds Dangerous
Narnia
50's Prime Time Cafe (a must next time)
Hollywood Brown Derby
Hollywood and Vine

AK:

Kali River Rapids
Primeval Whirl
Expedition Everest
TriceraTop Spin
Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends

DTD:
DisneyQuest ( a must next time)

PencilTest

Off the top of my head, I don't think there's any attraction at the Magic Kingdom I haven't done, with the exception of Belle's Storytime and Cinderellabration, and whatever rides that were replaced before 2001 (Mr Toad, Original Tiki Room). Same with Disney/MGM, minus Playhouse Disney and Sounds Dangerous. As for Animal Kingdom, I haven't seen the Pocahontas show, and I never rode the Discovery Island boat tour, though I think it was gone before I moved here. There's a few movies in Epcot I haven't seen, and I always hear about Horizons, though I haven't a clue as to what it even was.
There're loads of restaurants I haven't eaten in, but I'll get to them eventually. And I'm sure I'll remember some obscure ride or show in about five minutes.

WhyteAL

Edeyore said:
Not to start trouble, but you didn't miss anything with Tarzan Rocks :lol:

I had a feeling...but oh well.:rolleyes: LOL

Thessair said:
Heck, Wilma was the best thing to happen to my trip last year. It cooled down tremendously and when the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT reopened, it was a ghost town. I just sat on Big Thunder for a half-hour or so. It was awesome! :D

Well I happened to come back down to Miami for Wilma because it waited out in the Gulf for one more day. And it was really bad for us down here since we were out of elctricity for a little over a week. The lucky thing was that it did bring that cool weather because those things usually bring more heat and moisture. Which mixed with no A/C is a very bad experience.
But lucky you...:)

Burgstressera

Magic Kingdom:
In the 15+ times I've been to WDW, I'm embarrassed to say that I've never been on Splash Mountain. Terrified of big drops - especially when it involves getting wet. So not only am I terrified - I also look like a drown rat.... :eek: However, on our next trip in October 2006 my husband is insisting I get on it. So if you see a girl in her late 20's screaming and crying like a 2 year old being pulled into the line - it'll most likely be me. Please stop and say hi!

I've also never been to Tom Sawyer's Island, but reading what some of you have said I might go check it out.

Epcot:
We've never done any of the 360 degrees Circle Vision shows in Epcot. Makes my husband want to...:hurl:

Mission Space. Heard too many horror stories of people getting sick - was too afraid I'd ruin a day of vacation.

Animal Kingdom:
Kali River Rapids - Definitely doing it on the next trip.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Videoteck said:
Dude come on contemporys the best stay there! I love the furturistic fill I guess thats why I am a Videoteck lol!
Ha, I LOVE the contemporary! I would only want to stay on the MK side of the tower, though, and I always have a hard time justifying the extra cost. Somedya I'll stay there...fo sho!

Namine78

I've wanted to see the China film in EPCOT. I never got to do it either time I was there ('96 and '04)....I promise that I will next time!!!

Thessair

WhyteAL said:
Well I happened to come back down to Miami for Wilma because it waited out in the Gulf for one more day. And it was really bad for us down here since we were out of elctricity for a little over a week. The lucky thing was that it did bring that cool weather because those things usually bring more heat and moisture. Which mixed with no A/C is a very bad experience.
But lucky you...:)

Ugh! Sorry to hear that. I didn't mean to come off as gloating. That wasn't my intention. It was meant more like 'I thought it would suck, but it worked out for the best'. Are you planning on trying again this October?

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Wow, I totally left out the fact that I've never stepped one foot into Camp Minnie Mickey in AK! I tell myself I need to everytime, but I never do. Also, My fammily has never been much of a show family, so pretty much every show, like Tarzan Rocks, Cinderellabration, etc. etc.........never seen them.

SarahBella82

in 14 years: never seen Country Bear Jamboree or ridden the Indy Speedway or Kali River Rapids. Also haven't eaten in most "sit-down" restaurants anywhere in the world, though I've always wanted to take the time to do that.

I get so excited about the attractions I love that I'll stand in line for those and forsake the others... :)

SarahBella82

Dragonrider1227 said:
I've never been on Spaceship Earth. I also havn't gotten to go on Mission: Space or visit Downtown Disney or Animal Kingdom.

You poor, poor soul. No S:E or M:S? Two great attractions! Also, you really need to visit Ak. Seriously. :p

Videoteck

SarahBella82 said:
You poor, poor soul. No S:E or M:S? Two great attractions! Also, you really need to visit Ak. Seriously. :p

I agree with Sarah you are are a poor soul lol.
Any ways you havent been to Downtown Disney?

P.S. I never go into spaceship earth, my dad says its boring...
But I really want too I mean come on I a Videoteck! I love technology junk I mean Tomarrowlands my favorite in MK so theres no reason I wont like Spaceship earth.

Vernonpush

Ive never done:

MK
Main Street Vehicles
Shrunken Ned's Junior Jungle Boats
Frontierland Shootin' Arcade
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Cindy's Surprise Cellabration
Ariel's Grotto
Fairytale Garden
Donald's Boat
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway

Tony's Town Square Restaurant

Epcot

World of Motion (gone before I went)
The first "food" show at The Land
The Making of Me ( hate Martin Short)
Turtle Talk with Crush

Rose & Crown (eating there in May)
Chefs de France (May)
Bistro de Paris
Tempura Kiku
Electric Umbrella
Harry Ramsden (fish-yuck)
Tangerine Cafe
Somerfest

Studios

Playhouse Disney

Backlot Express
Catalina Eddie's
Toluca Legs Turkey Co.
Toy Story Pizza Planet Arcade

AK

Pocahontas and Her Friends
The Boneyard
Fossil Fun Games
TriceraTop Spin

I did not include the Quick Bites eateries because those are not really restaurants.

WhyteAL

Thessair said:
Ugh! Sorry to hear that. I didn't mean to come off as gloating. That wasn't my intention. It was meant more like 'I thought it would suck, but it worked out for the best'. Are you planning on trying again this October?

Nah it's cool didn't take it like that:wave: ...I am planing one again in for around that time (hopefully no hurricanes this year)...also want to try and make it out during summer to go to that water parks.

Dragonrider1227

I never did Cuntry Bears either. Or TOT. Or most of the major thrill rides there. Except Space Mountain. Rode that. :D I also never went on Stich's great escape.

aeillill

pintraderpayee said:
This will be her 6th trip traveling with some of my students and she has them all convinced that her favorite drink is Beverly from Club Cool!! She even put it on her "to do" list;) I have the camera ready for their first taste:slurp: :lol: smiles:hammer: :sohappy:

:eek: That's awful! But also very funny :lol:

maelstrom

MK:
- Plaza Restaurant
- Stitch Encounter
- Tom Sawyer Island
- Adventureland Veranda (not that I remember, but maybe)

Epcot:
- Mission: Space
- The Lion King show in The Land
- most of Innoventions
- Biergarten and most restaurants in WS except for Le Cellier, Sommerfest, Lotus Blossom Cafe, the food in America (including funnel cake!), and the margarita stand in Mexico.

MGM:
- Tower of Terror
- Rock 'n Rollercoaster
- LMA
- almost everthing else, except: Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, Muppetvision, Pizza Planet, Sci-Fi, & Backlot Tour.

AK:
- I've done: Kilamanjaro Safari, Kali River Rapids, Pizzafari, train to Conservation Station, and the two jungle walk-thru's.
- I don't spend a lot of time at the AK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom