Things you wouldn't have normally packed

DisneyDebNJ

Last year, I had the unfortunate experience of being stung by a bee in Moroco (he was after my baklava! LOL) I am mildly allergic, so went to the health care center, where I was treated VERY well, given ice and a benadryl. On my list this year is benadryl!! I also started packing moleskin several years ago, along with bandaids (who doesn't suffer from blisters!!) I also started packing dryer sheets for lots of reasons. I ask you all, what are things you pack that most people don't think of?

Weather_Lady

Just bought 6 Frogg Toggs!! ;) One for each of my family members and then one for my mom and dad for Mother's/Father's day. My mom has a terrible time with heat, so I think she in particular will enjoy having this for our July trip!

I just looked Frogg Toggs up, and they look very cool (literally and figuratively)!

They call to mind my mother's amusingly low-tech solution to the heat on my family's early 1980's trips to WDW. She would find an unoccupied ladies' room, we'd all take off our T-shirts, and Mom would run them under cold water in the sink, wring them out lightly, and we'd put them back on and continue on our merry way until the shirts dried out, upon which we'd repeat the process. (Mom was clever enough to pack only opaque, non-white shirts for this reason.) We wouldn't have won any in-park fashion contests, but we were comfortable. :)

Upvote 0

tlev

LOLOL I LOVE the cake glitter idea!!!!! I usually make separate lists.. headache stuff (excedrin, motrin, tylenol) allergy meds (cold advil, robitussin dm, but never packed benadryl) first aid stuff (bandaids, etc, etc) and hair care products and brushes. I can't tell you how many bandaids Ive handed out in the parks, to complete strangers LOL. (Hey, I know how it is) I need to look into those portable chargers for my phone this year. Earplugs... I bought those sponge-type ones for Ron last year, along with swimmer's ear stuff and debrox LMAO.

I took a portable phone charger with me in March. Best idea ever!!! The app just burns through my battery plus I like to post lost of pictures to facebook and such. It was so handy to plug my phone in to charge while carrying it in my backpack. I found the charger on ebay for $9.99 with free shipping. Some of the best money I've ever spent!

Upvote 0

littlegoofy1

I pack baby wipes and either freeze them or pour cold water over them in the parks, they work like a frog tog, but only have to pack 1 pack per day for family, are cheap and you aren't wiping the same sweat over yourself all the time. I use them for the boys at AllStar baseball as well, just keep in a cooler.

Upvote 0

Gig 'Em Mickey

I bringing Google Chromecast with me this trip. I am assuming it will work through their wifi at the BW. We will see!

Doubtful. I'd suggest also bringing a travel router so you can set up your own private network in the room. Then the chromecast should work. Check out this link

https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/99678-using-chromecast-in-hotels-howto/

Yeah Chromecast isn't quite what I though it was.

You could also get one of these. Router, storage, and juicepack all in one.

http://www.amazon.com/HooToo®-TripM...e=UTF8&qid=1398885803&sr=8-1&keywords=hoo+too

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom