Things you never usually get the chance to do.

stitch8834

I'm taking my first solo trip to WDW this October and am looking forward to the chance to do those things my friends don't want to do. You know the things, in my case it's seeing the Hall of Presidents, the show at the American Adventure and getting in a round of mini golf.

What I'd like to know is what rides or attractions everyone else would do, if they had the chance?

Lisalyn

Thank you, it was an honor to serve. Flag Retreat is a formal lowering of the flag at the Magic Kingdom in Town Square. A veteran is selected to participate. I've participated in many flag ceremonies but it would be a thrill to do so at Disney.

I'm biased of course but it is never lame to thank a vet. I will go out of my way to shake the hand of a vet and thank him or her for their service. Too many never got that thank you when they came home.

Is Flag Retreat only on special days or is it every day? I also as a Vet would love to see this....(Army 79-86') - I didn't even actually know it existed until you guys mentioned it! :animwink:

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

And to answer the OP, Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo: The musical for sure! Also, the teacups in MK, Dumbo, Astro Orbitor and The Tiki Room if it's opened back up in September....

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Is Flag Retreat only on special days or is it every day? I also as a Vet would love to see this....(Army 79-86') - I didn't even actually know it existed until you guys mentioned it! :animwink:
I believe it is on every day. Check in with Guest Services to see if you can be the Vet of the Day!!! Make sure you get there early for this. Above all, thank you for your service!! Marie

Upvote 0

fbp

I've always wanted to eat at Coral Reef. Ever since I was a kid. I love aquariums. The menu only looks 'decent' to me and the reviews are mixed. We never seem to get there.

Only so many dinners of my life are at WDW. It's hard to choose one that doesn't look like it'll knock my socks off.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I have never gotten a haircut at the Main Street barber shop. Always get my haircut a week or two before flying down to Florida, so this time I might wait and do it at WDW. Haven't gone up in the balloon yet at Downtown Disney, thats definitely on my list of to do things this year.

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

I believe it is on every day. Check in with Guest Services to see if you can be the Vet of the Day!!! Make sure you get there early for this. Above all, thank you for your service!! Marie

thanks Marie - sweet of you as always!:wave: There are SO many more deserving out there that served/are serving during War or conflict times so me thinks I'll watch quietly from the sidelines and wish all those from the past, present and future safe thoughts! :wave:

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

I've always wanted to eat at Coral Reef. Ever since I was a kid. I love aquariums. The menu only looks 'decent' to me and the reviews are mixed. We never seem to get there.

Only so many dinners of my life are at WDW. It's hard to choose one that doesn't look like it'll knock my socks off.

If it helps, I ate at Coral Reef last year (my daughter and I) for dinner and it was great! We split the steak and I thought it tasted wonderful...it gets a bit loud and a bit crowded but I felt that was part of its charm. :)

Upvote 0

alanbrai

I have always stayed on property so I have never had to park in a lot. The last couple of time there i have said , before I left, that i would like to take a trip around the MK parking lot on the parking lot trams.

Upvote 0

BalooChicago

I have never gotten a haircut at the Main Street barber shop.

My son's first haircut was at the MS Barber Shop during our last trip.

There are a TON of things I've never done at WDW (Or have not done in so long I literally have no memory of it - I've gone almost every-other-year since I was born). Mostly stuff in the MK that I'll make a point of seeing with my son next trip...

Space Ranger Spin
Hall of Presidents
Laugh Floor
Peter Pan
SWSA
Treehouse
TSI

Upvote 0

stitch8834

Original Poster
Thanks to all for the posts so far.

It's good to see that so many people do the same as I have. Charge past the minor attractions on the way to the next big attraction, and that many want to see what they've missed.

Some the things listed are not ones I had thought of but now it's mentioned I want to do, so will have to make time for them.

To the vet's out there, thanks for all you have done. I may not be an american, but I still appreciate what you have done to keep my country safe as well as your own.

Thanks again and keep posting your suggestions :)

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

Make an ADR at Trails End. It' a buffet, but soooo good imo. And if you take a bus to FW you have to take another bus back to where the restaurant is. We have went during October both years, and all the camp sites were DECKED OUT for halloween! I always stare at the sites and kind of wish I was camping there also.

Thanks! I will certainly try that although I prefer the boat tranportation to the resort and knowing me will probably start at Crocketts Tavern then head over to the horses.

Upvote 0

LilSuzy

Since having children, I havn't had a chance to:

Ride RnR, Soarin', Expedition Everest, Test Track, or even shop downtown Disney. I have been on all the rides EXCEPT EE, it's just been 6 years since I have been on any of the others even though we have been to the parks since. :eek:

Didn't realize it's been that long! Can't wait till' October!

Upvote 0

mp2bill

I'm taking my first solo trip to WDW this October and am looking forward to the chance to do those things my friends don't want to do. You know the things, in my case it's seeing the Hall of Presidents, the show at the American Adventure and getting in a round of mini golf.

What I'd like to know is what rides or attractions everyone else would do, if they had the chance?

What are they, anti-American? j/k
I love those rides, but my wife fell asleep in AA last time we went. Oh well, her loss.

As for the things I have never gotten to do because who I was with didn't want to...

Mission: SPACE
It's Tough to Be a Bug
Country Bear Jamboree
Liberty Square Riverboat
Tom Sawyer's Island
Lights Motors Action
Reflections of China

Upvote 0

KDiS88

This year we are gonna go to tom sawyer's island. We haven't gone to it for a few years but we are sooo excited to finally revisit it. I'm sure it's as cool as I remember.:sohappy: Speaking from experience I think that Illuminations and the musical shows are definitely on the top of our list every year. Especially festival of the lion king.

Upvote 0

danpam1024

I would love to do high tea at the GF, but it is smack dab in the middle of the day and I always miss it.:brick:. It is part of my plan for our "no kid trip" in 9 short years!:lol:

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

We always seem so rushed on our 1 day at Epcot that we never really have a chance to walk around the countries and really take in all the details there. Which is why next year we're doing a day and a half at Epcot. Also, we never go over to TSI or ride the Mad Tea Party or Dumbo.. In May we rode Tomorrowland Speedway but that was only due to a 10 minute wait. There are just some lines we can't justify waiting in for ceratin rides. In November though I do want to get on Dumbo one last time before they move it over to StorybookLand Circus.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom