Things We do to Save For Disney

Sarabell

We have a pickle jar that is kept in my closet for change and $1 and $5 dollar bills we get, plus a second savings account at the bank (free). We started this for our second trip to WDW back in 2004. I also made a map to corrolate the distance from our house to WDW, which is about about 1500 miles. It costs us about $5 K for a week, so you do the math and that is 15.84 ft per penny saved. Everytime money goes into the jar or savings, we extend the line on the map. This way I can show my 3 DD's for every penny saved, it gets us closer to seeing Mickey. Even though they are teenagers now, they still love seeing the map and how close we are getting.

WOW! I LOVE that idea! talk about teaching your kids about the value of money! I bet they have learned how important it is to save! :sohappy:

dixiegirl

we are terrible! We book with no way of knowing if we can pay for it!:zipit::lookaroun then as time get closer, my husband has "side work" he does coupled with a couple huge yard sales seems to get us in Good as Gold :)
We are a 1 income family right now and Disney is an important part of our family bonding time and we just don't want to give it up.... when I go back to work it will get a little less dicey:lol:

God, can I say you made me feel better? Granted we both work but my job , working in a salon, yeah over the year due to the economy had been slow, Stinks working for yourself I think I may be the one who stresses over money
.. I always say to hubby (hoping he does not say ok)"you know we could save money and just not go to Disney this year".... Yeah he looks at me like I grew another head and tells me "No , were not giving that up we work to hard not to go on vacation, "!
Love that man!!

I alawsy say Suze Orman that finacial guru would so deny us!!! Especially when we became DVC members!!!!:ROFLOL:

LilSuzy

I sell things I no longer use or have never used on eBaY. You wouldn't believe how much stuff you have, till you go through it :)

It comes in handy when you want to go see the Mouse...I eBaY a lot of things! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom