Things we can learn from Disney attractions

Brer Panther

Original Poster
Thought of this a while back - is it possible for theme park attractions to have morals? I don't know, but surely there are some things we can learn from Disney attractions.

For example, It's Tough to Be a Bug teaches the moral that you should appreciate bugs. If you don't, a grasshopper will sic spiders and wasps on you.

Everyone, please suggest other morals we can learn from Disney rides!

Marc Davis Fan

Well, much of Disneyland (and thus also The Magic Kingdom) was meant to inspire optimism and reassurance based on reflecting the good in humankind.

Much of EPCOT is (was?) aimed at inspiring us to view humankind as a global community, through shared celebration of our human achievements. Many of its attractions did/do reflect this.

And of course, Disney's Animal Kingdom is about the intrinsic value of nature, with many attractions reflecting environmental values (Flight of Passage, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Kali River Rapids...)

Cmdr_Crimson

• Horizons taught me "If you can dream it. You can do it."
  • World of Motion taught me that with the open road "It's fun to be Free"
  • UoE Taught me that "Energy makes the world go Round"
  • Imagination taught me "the one little Spark is the key to unlock the hidden wonders of our world."

Lilofan

Enjoying World Showcase at Epcot made me appreciate more of other cultures, customs and countries but my favorite area is the American Adventure with the Voices of Liberty!

Heppenheimer

Because the OP referred specifically to moral lessons... Rise of the Resistance... don't be evil?

I haven't seen the current film, but Symbiosis and Circle of Life in The Land pavilion always had an environmental message.

Kilimanjaro Safaris originally had an anti-poaching plot.

JIMINYCR

PotC.. No matter how bad it is, its alway wise to have a dog around. Treat all dogs with kindness and see what it gets you in return.
JC... Its always best to be in shape... the fastest one that gets to climb the tree first survives.
Splash Mtn... Life can be on a leisurely path but theres always a fall to endure and when its over, its worth having gone through.
HoP... No matter what fool is in office, there will always be another coming into office after him.
TSI.. Its wise to always have an escape route in place.
HM... Always do a background check on the woman your thinking of marrying. And although death is certain, it isnt the end.
PP... Things look better from a higher viewpoint looking down.
BLY... Always look for the best way to score points. Theres always a better target.
ITtbaB .. Stand up to bullies, backing down never gets you anything but more grief.
EE.. No matter which way you go... its always a thrill.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
  • Horizons taught me "If you can dream it. You can do it."
  • World of Motion taught me that with the open road "It's fun to be Free"
  • UoE Taught me that "Energy makes the world go Round"
  • Imagination taught me "the one little Spark is the key to unlock the hidden wonders of our world."
Mission space taught me what the best way to die is at age 80.

Test track taught me cars go zoom zoom.

Ellens Energy Adventure taught me how stupid Judy actually is.

imagination taught me how bland it is.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
No, just so tired of the same song.
Allow me to introduce to you my favorite attraction...

C2E859D7-9C34-40F7-A1A9-BC63D98868B0.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom