Things I'll Never Do At Disney Again............

OG Runner

This is so vivid. This is so, so, vivid.

The funny thing is I was fine when I got off of Mission:Space. I then thought maybe we should go on a relaxing
ride. I went on Spaceship Earth. Unfortunately, the ride stopped and a combination of the smell from the burning
of Rome, with everything else..... I imagine I am probably one of the only people to be sick on Spaceship Earth. :D

Darth_Wes

Stay at a value. Yes, this will get hate, and I totally understand and welcome it. I understand the idea of spending more time in the parks so why pay more.

I just can’t stand all the hoopla 24/7. There’s no escaping it while at the resort.

I agree. We'll never do value again. Did first one in December and they had every high school basketball team and marching band in the country there as well. Miserable experience. Never ever. Plus, if I have to pay 15-20 bucks a day to park, it's going to be at a nicer place.

Randyland

30 years ago, it would be UNHEARD OF to have any negative comments about ANYTHING Disney... Now it seems common to read all kinds of things, from dissatisfied, or disappointed, Guests.... And excuses offered such as it being a business... Clearly something has changed and Disney's image has had a fall from grace. When a company's biggest asset is it's image, it is a dangerous game not to maintain the Core Values which created that image... Decades of loyalty can be lost overnight.

iPirate

Never again!

1. Stay at the Value Resorts, specifically the All Star resorts. I understand the need to save where you can, but *ugh* no thank you. We stayed at ASMusic back in '98, and I swore never again. A Decade later I stayed at ASMovie (hoping for better) and was so mad I was talked into it.
2. Wait more than 30 minutes for a ride. Really, if you are staying on resort, book your fast passes!
3. *NOT* use the app for quick service ordering where and when I can. This is a LIFE SAVER!
4. Rent a bike or golf cart at FW. I love FW, but I am bringing my own from now on.
5. Stand anywhere on Main St for the Fireworks. Nope. I'll watch from the back of the Castle.
6. Pay for parking!

DisneyDoctor

30 years ago, it would be UNHEARD OF to have any negative comments about ANYTHING Disney... Now it seems common to read all kinds of things, from dissatisfied, or disappointed, Guests.... And excuses offered such as it being a business... Clearly something has changed and Disney's image has had a fall from grace. When a company's biggest asset is it's image, it is a dangerous game not to maintain the Core Values which created that image... Decades of loyalty can be lost overnight.
Internet forums didn’t exist 30 years ago. I’m sure if they had people would find something to complain about Disney World.

Darth_Wes

Let someone stop in the middle of the street to check their phone without telling them to move. I've started doing it in the city and it's worked wonders! The grimaces give me life and it brings me out of my shy and insecure shell.

When someone stops in the middle of a walking path...or a large family decides to stop and strategize about their next move, I'll actually stand in their group with them and say, "so, this is what we're doing....just going to stop in the middle of a walking path abruptly and make our plans....then I'll say, excuse me and start walking around them."

I get some crazy looks, but I'm 300lbs...so aggressive looks stop quickly.

BigRedDad

90% ? Where are you staying- the motel on that movie "The Florida Project"?
No, Reunion Resort (3BR/3BA for $550 for 7-nights), WBC (2BR/2BA for 7-nights $550), Orange Lake Resort (2BR/2BA $700 for 7-nights). I save at least 90% for equivalent Disney accommodations and I get better than Disney amenities. Go find it on Disney for the same accommodations and prices. Just because you over pay for your places to stay does not mean everyone does.

And for the best case, UNFAIR comparison, I will give you this. September 15-22 (Value Season), Saratoga Springs 2BR, with Disney Discount is $4,944. That is the BEST CASE price. Now for something a little more realistic during a busier season (Dec 8 - 15), the same room is $6,513. Still not as nice as WBC, OLR, or Reunion resort. So, $550/$6513 = 91.5% discount. On the best case, it is a 88.9% discount. So, my math still holds mostly true.

Last edited:

BigRedDad

No I'm just a FL resident, so we never pay those exorbitant prices. If you are going on standard rate at peak times for WDW resorts, then ok, sure. But I assume most on here are resourceful enough to not pay full price too often- perhaps that's a bit optimistic
I took the Disney Discount price and still saved 88.9%. You fail to realize that equivalent accommodations are insanely different in prices. Value Season for Disney, in September with the dates given and price taken from the Disney site, clearly show a 2BR/2BA unit at SSR is $4,944. There is no arguing that. That is Value season WITH a discount. Now, if you want to talk about just having a studio room at Disney compared to a 3BR/3BA luxury resort, the percentage goes down. Yes, AS Music might be around $1,000 for the same 7-nights. But, you get 20% of the space, no kitchen, no refrigerator, no washer/dryer, no dining room, no balcony, on 1 bathroom, 2 tiny beds. Even then, I save 50% when you add in parking. So, cheapest season + arguably equivalent accommodations = 88.9% on the highest season for my room. Yes, I leave tomorrow for a 7-night stay at Reunion Resort in a 3BR/3BA resort for $550. You can't get a tent campsite for that price for 7-nights June 15 - June 22. Look for the absolute best price 2BR Disney room for 7-nights, come back and tell me what it cost you. Even a DVC rental will run $3,000 from someone at $12 per point and thats if you are lucky to get the cheapest AK Value 2BR which is near impossible. The next lowest for that period is $3,444. Good luck trying to find or disprove my factual data.

Sharon GM

1. Stay on Disney property (transportation is horrendous) meal plans not worth it, and facilitate is aging out.
2. Animal kingdom Two rides that are possibly worth 30 minutes of your time takes 6 hours the rest of the Park is olde news.
3. Magic Kingdom is no longer magical. It is dirty trashy with long lines and equipment failures big disappointment.
4. Hollywood Studios just two rides that are worthy but long lines as this is the only thing to do in this park. Really sad.
5. Epcot nothing new. Just a lot of concrete with little interest

Epcotfan21

1. Stay on Disney property (transportation is horrendous) meal plans not worth it, and facilitate is aging out.
2. Animal kingdom Two rides that are possibly worth 30 minutes of your time takes 6 hours the rest of the Park is olde news.
3. Magic Kingdom is no longer magical. It is dirty trashy with long lines and equipment failures big disappointment.
4. Hollywood Studios just two rides that are worthy but long lines as this is the only thing to do in this park. Really sad.
So basically you're never doing Disney again?

OG Runner

Sorry, but a 90% savings is complete BS. A standard room at Pop Century is $135.00 a night for two people. That would be $945.00.
The BnB is $550, yes, 58% less. There is also the difference of being on property. You do get a discount, small though it may be on the cost of tickets, the addition of Extra Magic Hours, the Magic Express, etc. I am not saying you don't save some money by giving up some conveniences, but for a lot of people it is worth it. They wouldn't be building more hotels if they had trouble filling rooms.

DisneyDoctor

Oh boy. Definitely a troll.

CoreNovawarAMM

No right or wrong here....just personal experience (age..tolerance..and the like)

1. Ropedrop to Fireworks (Can't handle it....need a break)
2. Go to Trader Sam's immediately before heading to EPCOT.
3. Go to Trader Sam's when returning from EPCOT (These 2 just don't seem to square for me)
4. Eat at a TS at EPCOT during F&W or F&G
5. Rely on Bus Service from a Value
6. Walk to DS from OKW (yes..there is a way)
7. Get to TTC at 8:50am
8. Not rent a Golf cart at FW
9. Wait in a line over 30 minutes (give or take 10)
10. Go to Hollywood and Vine.
Add to that: taking the Express Monorail from MK right after fireworks.

DisneyDoctor

When someone stops in the middle of a walking path...or a large family decides to stop and strategize about their next move, I'll actually stand in their group with them and say, "so, this is what we're doing....just going to stop in the middle of a walking path abruptly and make our plans....then I'll say, excuse me and start walking around them."

I get some crazy looks, but I'm 300lbs...so aggressive looks stop quickly.
I agree it is annoying to have to walk around paused families. BUT, passive aggressive behavior such as yours is equally annoying.

CoreNovawarAMM

Same, except because it's one of the very few rides that makes me motion sick. Not because I don't think it's a good ride.
My dad didn’t like FoP either (the first time). He didn’t like riding Star Tours, or any of those simulator rides. Even the carousel was a little much. After riding FoP a second time, however (after a bit of coaxing), he found he actually liked it. Now he’s ridden FoP and Star Tours numerous times without getting woozy. Next up is getting him to ride Everest!

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster

Katie? Is that you?

crxbrett

Second worst for me. BOG breakfast was the worst.

I am reading so many bad things about BOG on here and am even more apprehensive of it than before! LoL I know the breakfast menu looked sort of underwhelming to me, but is the food that bad? I'll be honest, my GF and I are mainly going there just to experience the inside and enjoy the decor and theming. We have super low expectations for the breakfast food after hearing so many negative things about it. If there is one plus besides the ambiance, I guess it is that we have an 8am reservation so will already be in the park once we are done eating bfast.

Just curious what your thoughts were on it and what made it the worst meal you've had in the park(s?).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom