Things Guests Say...

trendicoff

While not Disney related this site has some great bone headed customer stories.

http://notalwaysright.com/

Love it, it's on my daily reading list. There was a great one recently about tech support for diapers.

Back to the thread . . .
A couple of years ago We were on the bus I think to MK and we pass the TOT "ad" - the tower with the swinging elevator and a guest asks the buss driver, "Are those people real?!" :brick:

steviej

at chef mickeys for breakfast once, Mickey is a handful of tables away, guy at the next table looks at him and goes, dead serious too, "who is that?"

priceless, everyone around this guy dropped their forks and just looked at him

elisatonks

Okay here are a few of the questions we get out in the MK parking lot!

When Parking there cars:

Is this Magic Kingdom? (bearing in mind they've just gone through a bright pink and purple sign that says magic kingdom!!!)
Is this where the castle is?
Is this disney world?
Can i park on the end i have kids? (this is disney world most guests have kids with them.)

Trams to TTC:

My stroller won't fold, (yet as soon as you tell them the tram can't move with it open they miraculously fold it. )

At the TTC at the end of the tram ride where i've said where you have parked at least 3 times. Where did i leave my car?

Trams back to parking lot:

I'm parked in bus parking 61?

You didn't stop at my stop, i parked in Discover (particular guest didn't seem to understand that MK and EPCOT have separate parking lots.)

The best question I ever had though was whilst i was on college program working at fantasmic. My nametag says Manchester, England on it, and i got asked "where in the United States in England? duh.

FutureCEO

you have to give credit to the cast members for dealing with stupidity and ignorant people. they do not not get paid enough for what they have to deal with everyday.

Yoop33

These are just a couple from today while at Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Guest: "Where is the Bumble Bee Restaurant"
Me: "Do you mean Boma??"

Guest: "How do I get to Disney World"
Me: Obvioiusly thinking he means Magic Kingdom as this often happens
"Do you mean Magic Kingdom?"
Guest: "Oh no... I meant Hollywood Studios I think"

While at an Allstar Resort: "Hi, Can you tell me how to get here?"

I still honestly believe EVERYONE in the world needs to work at least 2 years in retail and guest services before entering the real world and before working their career job. It would give people a better understanding of how other act and how rude and hard customers can be and make things. I really believe the world would be a better place is everyone had to endure that

loveofamouse

I still honestly believe EVERYONE in the world needs to work at least 2 years in retail and guest services before entering the real world and before working their career job. It would give people a better understanding of how other act and how rude and hard customers can be and make things. I really believe the world would be a better place is everyone had to endure that

ITA!!! Other than a few years in the Navy, Ive worked customer service since I was legal to work (am I a gluten for punishment? lol). I've seen and heard so many stupid things working between fast food, restaurants, and Childrens place.

NewfieFan

This is so true!!! There are some :brick:people in the world!

But with that being said, I'm surprised at the number of employees that are rude and unhelpful (not referring to Disney CMs). I know the standard that I was held to when I worked in the retail industry. I HAD to be nice, I HAD to be helpful, etc. but when I enter a store these days it's hard to find good help!!!

I'm not a CM but I've heard a few things while standing in queues and such...

Man arguing with a young girl, "No, no Toy Story Mania and Buzz Lightyear are the same ride and it's in the Magic Kingdom not Disney Studios!"

Man at a bus stop, "Why doesn't Disney have a 100 buses!?! ... The lines would move much faster if they did!"

Child to her mother, "Why does that line move faster?" (referring to the FP queue). Mother to the child, "That line is for special people."

aka_emilicious

I got yelled at by a guest for letting the privileged guests through fastpass and that is wasn't fair that the families who could afford it got throughout the line faster. I explained that fastpass was free with your park ticket, but he would have none of it. Oh Pan Merge.

Phonedave

That one can make sense.

He may have arrived by DME, and has other party members arriving by car. They have no idea how to get there by the roads, and neither does he. He wants to be able to give them directions.

Speaking of woring in retail - I worked in a grocery store part time for 7 years while in HS / College.

I have many many stories I can tell, but one of my favorites was when I was a cashier. I rang up the lady's order and turned around to bag it when she said to me

"Put it all in one bag, and don't make it heavy"

-dave

SHAUN39

Whilst not Disney related but on the same topic,I was in a grocery store buying some milk when someone came up to me and asked where the bread was,at this point I should point out that I am a police officer and in uniform,so I told her sorry I don't work here and as my uniform clearly states I am a police officer,the person tutted and shouted at me well don't you know!! As anyone that deals with the public knows you can't make this stuff up.:wave:

Mammymouse

Everyone should own a small business once in their life is right up there with working in retail. We owned a Dunkin donuts in the 1980's and all our employees were trained thoroughly by one of our senior ladies. One of our girl employees, who was an A student, senior in high school, all around nice girl and excellent worker came to us one afternoon very concerned and said "There is something wrong with the coffee grinder, it isn't working right. Every time I turn it on it makes a loud and awful noise." I kiddingly said back to her "you did check to see if there were coffee beans in it, right?" She replied in all seriousness "I have to put beans in it?" :hammer::shrug:

Billy6

Not Disney, but agree with some of the classics that people come up with when working in retail or in this case, a well known restaurant that is famous for wings...Whilst working at one store, as a host we would have to take orders over the phone. Two of my favorites were....

Me: "Thanks for calling__________(plug in name of restaurant and location), this is Bill, How may I help you?"

Caller: "HI is this__________(plug in the restaurant and location)

Did they not have an ear piece on their phone?

Me:"Thanks for calling__________(plug in name of restaurant and location), this is Bill, How may I help you?"

Caller: "Hi, I'd like to make a reservation for dinner"

Me: "Sorry sir, but we are a first come, first served seating restaurant, we do not take reservations"

Caller: "oh ok, well can I just put my name on the wait list?"

Me: "Well sir, that would be a reservation"

:veryconfu

Another one...while in the gift shop at the England pavillion the CM asked the customer if they wanted a 'bog'...the customer repeatedly asked what..I finally stepped in and said a bag.

Of course, this may have been a misunderstanding between a cast member and guest, as "bog" is British slang for the restroom/toilets/w.c.

MSU Jafar

The number one question I was ever asked was, "Where is the bathroom?"

I can't verify if this story is true, but it's been told to me enough I want to share it with you - an Epcot parking lot CM is stopped by a guest and the guest asks, "How do I get to Epcot?" The CM points towards Epcot and says, "It's right there, sir." The guest says, "Yeah yeah I get that, but how do I *get* there?" The now even more confused CM tells the guest, "Um...you walk there." The guest, now getting mad, says, "I get there's walking involved, but how do you actually *get* there?" The CM responds, "You just keep walking up towards it, sir, that's it." The mad guest says, "Look, yesterday at the Magic Kingdom I had to walk from my car to take a boat or the monorail to the park; all I want to know is how I get to Epcot." The CM tries explaining that there's nothing like that at Epcot, but the guest isn't having any of it. Finally, the CM tells the guest, "Alright alright, you see the monorail station right there? Get on the monorail and get off at the second stop."
Who's on First?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom