Things at Epcot you always look forward to?

BuddhasHomeGirl

Original Poster
We are going back to Epcot for the first time in yeaaaaaars, my kids are now 12 and 9 and they are looking forward to Epcot, where in the past they were just bored to death, they were just too young, so we stopped going to Epcot because it was really a waste to us.

So anyway...because I haven't been there in so long, what is it that you guys just cant miss or really look forward to when going there....Epcot had always been a favorite of mine. But I know it has changed...ALOT since I have walked through those gates. The last thing I remember was my parents getting a picture on one of those walls, and the ice man was still there.

I always loved going to the pastry shop in France and sitting outside at one of the sidewalk tables, that is what I ALWAYS looked forward to when going to Epcot. :)

...and their cheesecake is yummy! :slurp:

EPCOT Explorer

The first view of SSE from the mono...Gives me chills EVERYTIME.

The SSE Ascent....Drifting up through the stars is a "moment" that I always treasure.

Seeing Figment

The Big Bang in UoE and it's score ALWAYS freaks me out.

AA-A intersection of my two passions! American History and EPCOT!:lol::sohappy: It's patriotism, hope, and feeling makes me tear up everytime.

ROE. From the opening light cues to the Earth Barge unfurling, that show is 2nd to none. The score is one of the best produced by Disney or anyother entertainment venue.

Share_The_Magic

Some things that I really look forward to when I'm at Epcot are:
-The spectacular entrance music combined with the sight of SSE as you walk in the park
-Riding SSE right as Future World closes, I don't know why, but I really like that.
-Eating outside at the Electric Umbrella and watching the fountain.
-cheesecake, nuff said. :sohappy:
-Sampling drinks from all the different countries, but of course there are always non-alcoholic drinks for the kids :lol:
-The maelstrom in Norway.
-Just taking it slow, to take it all in.

I hope you and your family have fun when you're there!

DiPSU224

The first ride on SSE, dinner at Le Cellier and strolling World Showcase at dusk. I also love getting candy from Italy. Reminds me of being a little girl at my Nonna's house.

hpyhnt 1000

I second everything that was mentioned above. However, I would like to add that you might want to try the new Kim Possible attraction for World Showcase while your there. I think your kids would get a big kick out of it, and it might give them a nice memorable experience from Epcot. :wave:

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
This is going to sound so bizarre but I love walking in just at dusk and walk to World Showcase - to hear the music, see the lighting, grab a beer in Canada and stroll through the countries! Ahh... I love it! It is one of my favorite things!!!! :sohappy:

krankenstein

I love:
-Walking around and taking in the atmosphere of Future World.
-Eating outside and watching the Fountain of Nation
-The multiple rides on SSE.
-Visiting with my good friend Figment.
-Watching The Circle of Life film at The Land.
-Going for a ride on LWTL and Soarin'
-Spending some time in Mousegears.
-Making my way around WSL.
-Enjoying the AA.
-Riding both M:S and TT.

Cmdr_Crimson

-Hearing the Main Entrance Loop when walking to the Entrance and see SSE again and know my vacation starts HERE.
-Riding Imagination on an empty train and doing the entire ride word by word.
-Walking right on the single riders line at Test Track & Mission:Space
-A nice long and empty ride on Ellen's Energy Adventure (Love it!)
-Getting Lunch at The Electric Umbrella
-And finnally during the early evening and night I enjoy sitting in Innoventions Plaza listening to the Plaza Loop..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doGRqUVUzIM

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
chocolate cake from norway
walking around the world
the new ending of spaceship earth
american adventure
dinner at the biergarten

-Pretzels from Germany
-Soarin', Test Track, Universe of Energy, Maelstrom,
-Walking around World Showcase
-Funnel Cakes in the American Adventure
-Of course, the greatest show at Disney...the American Adventure
-Pictures in front of the fountain with Spaceship Earth in the background
-Listening to the music in Future World
-Illuminations

disney1077

Riding Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Soarin, El Rio and Maelstrom. Walking through the world showcase. Watching Illuminations.

Tom

Beta Return
I LOVE the new SSE. And I LOVE RoE.

Other than those two things, I enjoy Test Track and Soarin and America enough to crave them. But the rest I am apathetic about.

DizneyPryncess

-Finding my pictures in the Leave a Legacy display in front of SSE

-Riding the new SSE

-Soarin

-Eating "around the world"

-Seeing Miyuki make candy in Japan

-Eating Tempura in Japan

-Chocolate Crepes in France

-Sending virtual postcards home at the Imagination Pavilion

-Riding Living With The Land and looking at all the Mickey shaped vegetables

Einselen

- Any of the live performances (Voices of Liberty, Off Kilter, British Invasion, Chinese Acrobats, Japanese Drummers, World Showcase Players, JAMMitors ...)
- I also like What's Your Problem at Innovention West but that is due to the old AC CMs working there.
- Agree with World Showcase at night, the lighting is amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom