They need to Eliminate Genie Plus and Lightning Lane

NightGuardianAngel

Original Poster
They need to eliminate Genie Plus and Lightning Lane completely and require everyone, no matter how affluent they are, to wait in the Standby line for every single ride and attraction they want to go on with the exception of people with legitimate disabilities who qualify for the DAS pass in which they can wait the estimated standby wait time elsewhere. This way, the standby line will move a lot faster and it is fair for everyone. They do not need to allow the more affluent people to cut in the lines. Affluenza is not a real disability or a medical condition that is covered by the Americans With Disabilities Act.

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member
They need to eliminate Genie Plus and Lightning Lane completely and require everyone, no matter how affluent they are, to wait in the Standby line for every single ride and attraction they want to go on with the exception of people with legitimate disabilities who qualify for the DAS pass in which they can wait the estimated standby wait time elsewhere. This way, the standby line will move a lot faster and it is fair for everyone. They do not need to allow the more affluent people to cut in the lines. Affluenza is not a real disability or a medical condition that is covered by the Americans With Disabilities Act.
Unfortunately for you, Disney actively promotes itself to multi-generational families. Many older people have physical limitations short of actual disabilities that make it difficult if not impossible to continually stand in long lines all day. Also unfortunately for you, it is often these very older people who have the disposable income to take the family on Disney's ridiculously expensive vacations and Disney knows this. But have fun banging your head against the wall.

Toodycat

We just returned and while I was fully expecting to hate Genie+, I didn’t think it was so bad, but maybe they should offer some sort of discounts if you’re buying for a family or large group or your trip exceeds a certain number of days. My niece has three kids and they spent $600 on Genie+/LL on their last trip. She’s not coming back in a hurry.

Disstevefan1

I love your idea but the only reason they created Genie + and LL is MONEY.
No Genie + or LL means no MONEY.

You say, just raise the ticket prices.

Well, Disney will always raise ticket prices but by having Genie + and LL separate, they can raise the prices on both independently and make more MONEY, Like room rates and parking fees at the resorts.

Remember this is about MONEY, not the guest experience.

Disney was always right about the short sighted money grabs, because you never know when a catastrophic event like a global pandemic may happen!

Last edited:

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Time is money. Some people will wait 30 minutes for Costo Gas to save $.25/gal. Some people will hit the most expensive gas station because it’s convenient. WDW doesn’t want to shut either out. I think whatever happens with Genie it’ll never be full access or nothing, but something in the middle that provides ability to skip some lines. Who knows? Maybe they go back to a version that has some free capacity for everybody along with paid upgrade option. Doubt they’ll ever go 100% standby.

NightGuardianAngel

Original Poster
Unfortunately for you, Disney actively promotes itself to multi-generational families. Many older people have physical limitations short of actual disabilities that make it difficult if not impossible to continually stand in long lines all day. Also unfortunately for you, it is often these very older people who have the disposable income to take the family on Disney's ridiculously expensive vacations and Disney knows this. But have fun banging your head against the wall.
They should, in the process, expand the DAS pass qualification to qualify those who are 60 and older and those with physical disabilities that make it painful to stand in a long line such as arthritis, back pain, knee replacement, autoimmune diseases, etc. They can go get a return time that is the same as the estimated wait time in the standby lane and instead of standing in line, they can go sit on a bench, go shopping or dining, go to the restroom, go watch a show, etc while waiting in line.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
cope.

NightGuardianAngel

Original Poster
Disney ran a free skip the line system for over 20 years.
They did, which was Fastpass and Fastpass Plus, but the beauty of it was that it was included in the park admission fee and available to all guests. Walt Disney created Disney to be a work of love and not about corporate greed, arrogance, and politics. They need to restore the original purpose to the way Walt Disney, himself, intended. Disney should stay completely out of politics and be a happy place where everyone sets their political views aside and can have fun, be happy, and get along. Politics takes the fun and magic out of everything.

Last edited:

mlayton144

They did, which was Fastpass and Fastpass Plus, but the beauty of it was that it was included in the park admission fee and available to all guests. Walt Disney created Disney to be a work of love and not about corporate greed, arrogance, and politics. They need to restore the original purpose to the way Walt Disney, himself, intended. Disney should stay completely out of politics and be a happy place where everyone sets their political views aside and can have fun, be happy, and get along. Politics takes the fun and magic out of everything.
Easy there partner , while I agree that Walt had a different and more generous vision of the parks, let us not forget it was Walt himself in 1957 that took the company public instead of keeping the company private , once that happens you can guess what usually happens … so there’s that

Chi84

Premium Member
Some people feel that way. Others admire Disney for taking a stand. I thought you just didn’t like people paying to skip the lines. Sounds like you have bigger issues with Disney.

JIMINYCR

Oh its going to stay. Dont think Disneys going to abandon that money maker because some posters are upset because they cant afford it. Lines? Waits? Naah... they dont bother Disney. Crowds are still filling the parks, so as far as they are concerned, it hasnt kept guests away. It will stay around until someone comes up with a better idea of making money that replaces this program.

MattC

Money talks and….you know the rest. Hard to say no to money people are willing to pay for this “service.”

We go to the parks during the week, never weekend, and have not been using Genie+. We feel like we have not needed it and been able to do everything we have wanted in ours days. I know that bar is different for everyone. But, no Genie+ is working fine for us.

MagicRat

That is simply not true about Walt, that is your created feelings for him. He wanted to make money just like every business man. He may have been more grandiose and kind but he wanted to make money.

Not to compare to other things but even the Catholic Church wants to make money. I am Catholic and it drives me crazy how an organization can try to look so philanthropic and yet slash parishes where they are needed.

Raxel7851

They should, in the process, expand the DAS pass qualification to qualify those who are 60 and older and those with physical disabilities that make it painful to stand in a long line such as arthritis, back pain, knee replacement, autoimmune diseases, etc. They can go get a return time that is the same as the estimated wait time in the standby lane and instead of standing in line, they can go sit on a bench, go shopping or dining, go to the restroom, go watch a show, etc while waiting in line.
Being over 60, and with RA issues, I’ll pass on those “handouts” and wait my turn in line like everyone else. My pride would not allow me to do that. Have I tried Genie+? I have and don’t like it. Most likely never will in its current form. But I’ll probably do it at least one time on future trips. Like @Chi84 stated, the FastPass free ride is over with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom