They Like What More???

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I keep reading on the forums, where people say they hate MGM and Love AK. I even saw someone post if Disney got rid of AK they would have to go to MGM!
I'm curious to see what others think. Which park do you like more and why? Personally, I think MGM is a lot of fun and I think AK could use some more major attractions.

daverube

As I've read some of your previous posts and don't find your communication style appealing (although I guess that you are a pre-teen/young teen so I can somewhat excuse it), I can't believe I'm responding to you.....however.....

As for you question, I don't really enjoy either MGM or AK as much as much as the MK or EPCOT. MGM, in theory, is rather interesting....however, I think the rides are VERY dated (as compared to a decade or so ago)....RnR is an ok coaster (mainly b/c its in the dark) and ToT is pretty alright (although I personally don't like drop rides)....my favorite part of the park (other than star wars stuff) is the Muppets attraction....

In AK, we (the wife and I) enjoy riding EE and Dinosaur and that's about it....we'll ride other rides at times, but don't really get off on anything else....

As for your wondering why some folks might like one park better than another, everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how right/wrong you think they are....remember, intolerance (especially intolerance due to ignorance) is the key to almost everything that is wrong with this world....and that's why I keep trying...

my 2 cents....

dave

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
Original Poster
As I've read some of your previous posts and don't find your communication style appealing (although I guess that you are a pre-teen/young teen so I can somewhat excuse it), I can't believe I'm responding to you.....however.....

What is that supposed to mean?

sittle

What is that supposed to mean?

I think it should be obvious, but:

Try not underlining the entire paragraph.

Try reading over your posts for errors and poorly structured sentences.

It's the web, we don't have to spell like Spelling-Bee champs but if your going to spend the time trying to communicate, you should at least make sure the average person can read and understand it what it is you want to say.

daverube

I think it should be obvious, but:

Try not underlining the entire paragraph.

Try reading over your posts for errors and poorly structured sentences.

It's the web, we don't have to spell like Spelling-Bee champs but if your going to spend the time trying to communicate, you should at least make sure the average person can read and understand it what it is you want to say.

Thanks. :)

Wilt Dasney

Both parks are pretty lacking on great attractions, but...

AK's cohesive theme make the park as a whole more enjoyable to me. MGM is Coaster, Tower, and a mishmash of other bad-to-OK attractions. AK is more enjoyable to just walk around and look at stuff, to me.

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
Original Poster

AK's cohesive theme make the park as a whole more enjoyable to me. MGM is Coaster, Tower, and a mishmash of other bad-to-OK attractions. AK is more enjoyable to just walk around and look at stuff, to me.

Oh Nice :). I like movies and that kind of stuff but i do like AK but its just that it could use some work: maybe add some land, they dont need two different animal trek things, clean the animals cages nicer. Just stuff to make it look nicer.

lilmizpixie3

I dont really think you can compare the two parks. AK is unique because it is the only Disney park that has real life animals, and most of its rides center around this. It has some amazing attractions such as everst and dinosaur. I think in time they will add much more to it.

MGM is unique because it centers around movies and music. The tower of terror and rocking rollercoaster are pretty much the best things in the park. I enjoy just seeing the Hollywood type atmosphere that MGM offers.

Its anyones personal opinion, for me MGM is my personal favorite besides MK.

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I dont really think you can compare the two parks. AK is unique because it is the only Disney park that has real life animals, and most of its rides center around this. It has some amazing attractions such as everst and dinosaur. I think in time they will add much more to it.

MGM is unique because it centers around movies and music. The tower of terror and rocking rollercoaster are pretty much the best things in the park. I enjoy just seeing the Hollywood type atmosphere that MGM offers.

Its anyones personal opinion, for me MGM is my personal favorite besides MK.

Us two alike :animwink:

I really enjoyed the theming and attractions at MGM, but i feel as if i am the only one. I never was very fond of AK, but the previous 2 time I was there it was really hot, crowded and I was very grumpy! I am going to give it another shot this September!

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I really enjoyed the theming and attractions at MGM, but i feel as if i am the only one. I never was very fond of AK, but the previous 2 time I was there it was really hot, crowded and I was very grumpy! I am going to give it another shot this September!

Good For You!

Wilt Dasney

I don't think the Studios park is terrible by any means. It's just that when you're ranking four applicants, somebody has to be fourth. :lol:

AK can be a sauna at times. (I've heard it has something to do with all the plant life intensifying the heat) If you're going in September, the weather should be pretty nice.

ThinkTink721

I keep reading there fourms and people say they hate MGM and LOVE AK. I was reading one and they said if Disney got rid of ak they would HAVE to go to mgm. I think MGM is great and fun and AK needs some new Major Atractions. But what do you like more and why?
I like MGM & AK.
Don't worry about the comments about your posts...
I'm not the greatest speller in the world myself!:D
:wave:

Champion

Oh Nice :). I like movies and that kind of stuff but i do like AK but its just that it could use some work: maybe add some land, they dont need two different animal trek things, clean the animals cages nicer. Just stuff to make it look nicer.

Its an animal park, yes they DO need two animal walkthroughs. In fact, I would love to see another added. Just because you're 13 and don't enjoy them doesn't mean they aren't very popular.

I don't know exactly how you 'add some land' so I can't comment on that.

And they do clean the cages. But animals crap. A lot. Not much they can do about that.

As far as making AK look nicer, it is the newest park and gets a lot of attention due to having to keep everything safe for the animals. Its the Studios that need the better upkeep and attention right now.

I like MGM & AK.
Don't worry about the comments about your posts...
I'm not the greatest speller in the world myself!

Theres a difference between not being a 'great speller' and taking the time to make sure that people can actually read your posts. The underlining of the entire post was unnecessary to say the least. He should at least take note that people want to reply to his posts but it is hard for them to do so when they can't read what he is saying.

Goof-Man

If I were to rank the parks in order of my favourites it would be:
1. MK
2. MGM
3. EPCOT (Epcot for Disney)
4. AK

Oddly enough I actually spent more time at MGM and Epcot on the last trip. Sure AK has EE, but I agree with the temperature statement.

My 2 cents.

ThinkTink721

Its an animal park, yes they DO need two animal walkthroughs. In fact, I would love to see another added. Just because you're 13 and don't enjoy them doesn't mean they aren't very popular.

I don't know exactly how you 'add some land' so I can't comment on that.

And they do clean the cages. But animals crap. A lot. Not much they can do about that.

As far as making AK look nicer, it is the newest park and gets a lot of attention due to having to keep everything safe for the animals. Its the Studios that need the better upkeep and attention right now.

Theres a difference between not being a 'great speller' and taking the time to make sure that people can actually read your posts. The underlining of the entire post was unnecessary to say the least. He should at least take note that people want to reply to his posts but it is hard for them to do so when they can't read what he is saying.
I know, but he's a kid - lighten up!:D
Life is short - have fun!!!:D
:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom