Theory, DCA is becoming a movie Park

Tank Man

Original Poster
Let me explain. This is a theory but DCA’s idea was bad at the start.
Note: Try and read this in a Mattpat voice (I wrote it in that way)
Michael Eisner must have walked into the Imagineering building and said, people come to California for Disneyland and for the wonders of California. Let’s make a park about California........in California.
The idea won’t hold up as trying to bring someone something when they already have it is bad and DCA is struggling with a theming problem that won’t work. What if they have a huge plan that sadly I have not found any evidence to but they are changing the park into another one slowly.
Why would they be bringing in famous movie IP’s into DCA to bring in the crowds, but what if they have a bigger plan to change DCA into a Walt Disney Studios/Movie Park. The theming won’t work unless they can find a way but most of the lands are based off of IP’s or becoming or can easily be changed. Let me explain my ideas:
-Pixar Pier: [Pixar]​
Originally was Paradise Pier and reopened in mid 2018 with a Pixar theme.​
-Cars Land: [Pixar]​
Opened in 2012 based off of the famous movie, Cars and its sequel Cars 2​
-(Untitled) Marvel land: [Marvel]​
The MCU has made billions upon billions and Disney has not used them in the parks often and they now are which could open late 2020.​
I believe that Marvel land (if successful) could expand into Hollywood land and so one of two non-IP related lands gone and the superhero world might venture into the parking lot behind it for more room. Then the Grizzly peak/Redwood area can be changed into the IP Disney should now use, Fox. They need to embrace the popular franchise into the parks and replacing the grizzly/red wood area with maybe Ice Age could work.

I will have a separate post in the Imagineering forum in about 2-3 weeks, once finished I will put a link as I am taking more time to draw things out and etc.
Have any thoughts, does this seem partially true. Any info or news. Tell me in the comments

Tank Man

Original Poster
All of the parks are becoming movie parks as the Bobs have explicitly said they are only interested in investing in franchises. There are no grand plans because anything fits so long as it is owned or licensed by Disney.
Bad idea.
This is a theory that could happen, I see this happening as DCA is just a weird park and if it were to change to a movies park, Pixar Pier would be cool and have a different atmosphere instead of the upcoming Marvel land and Cars land. The pier rides south of Pixar Pier could be replaced with some Disney rides and the Fox area does not need to happen but would work better. DCA was bad when there was no IP’s related but has gotten a bit better but I’d lacking in some things. Not saying that this should happen but it probably is (maybe not a Fox area). We probably won’t get a Movies park but I just wanted to talk about something I don’t see others talk about and how DCA is easily transforming into not DCA.
I bet the Imagineers have an idea on still having DCA staying the same park and having it completely fixed but I wanted to have an idea that is in the realm of possible but also not possible.
Also the other movies parks are in need of serious help (Hollywood Studios (WDW) and Walt Disney Studios (Paris).

lazyboy97o

This is a theory that could happen, I see this happening as DCA is just a weird park and if it were to change to a movies park, Pixar Pier would be cool and have a different atmosphere instead of the upcoming Marvel land and Cars land. The pier rides south of Pixar Pier could be replaced with some Disney rides and the Fox area does not need to happen but would work better. DCA was bad when there was no IP’s related but has gotten a bit better but I’d lacking in some things. Not saying that this should happen but it probably is (maybe not a Fox area). We probably won’t get a Movies park but I just wanted to talk about something I don’t see others talk about and how DCA is easily transforming into not DCA.
I bet the Imagineers have an idea on still having DCA staying the same park and having it completely fixed but I wanted to have an idea that is in the realm of possible but also not possible.
Also the other movies parks are in need of serious help (Hollywood Studios (WDW) and Walt Disney Studios (Paris).
Walt Disney Imagineering doesn’t really do the sort of long range planning to which you are alluding nor do they really determine franchises get included.

Tank Man

Original Poster
Walt Disney Imagineering doesn’t really do the sort of long range planning to which you are alluding nor do they really determine franchises get included.
This was a theory.
I see two ways they are going:
Fix DCA and make it better which is the most likely one.
Or replace it with a different themed park that could draw more people in through IP’s.
You do make a point there. But I just see that the way they are going seems to be pointing towards a movie park but also Bob Iger has them make IP related attractions so they might just be changing DCA with IP’s to become a better DCA.
It is unpredictable but I wanted to show an idea that they might be going for as it is possible but obviously not a confirmed thing not going to happen (maybe)

DanielBB8

It was a movie park. What’s the Hollywood Pictures Backlot? Part Studios park and part Epcot California fair park. It’s more like Disneyland south today.

Tank Man

Original Poster
It was a movie park. What’s the Hollywood Pictures Backlot? Part Studios park and part Epcot California fair park. It’s more like Disneyland south today.
That is why I think it would change to a studios park. It partly already is and they are making it feel like a movie park, but with a California feel that should not be there

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That is why I think it would change to a studios park. It partly already is and they are making it feel like a movie park, but with a California feel that should not be there
Actually Disney is going away from the whole Studio Park idea, it was dumb to begin with. This topic has been debated before in this forum over the last couple of years. Especially about what DCA was and what it is becoming.

DCA is not becoming a movie park, no more than DL becoming a movie park. It has been and continues to morph into lands of IP, just like all other Disney Parks. Now whether that is a good strategy or not is again something that has long been debated around here. And likely will long be debated for years to come. But its not becoming a movie park.

Tank Man

Original Poster
Actually Disney is going away from the whole Studio Park idea, it was dumb to begin with. This topic has been debated before in this forum over the last couple of years. Especially about what DCA was and what it is becoming.

DCA is not becoming a movie park, no more than DL becoming a movie park. It has been and continues to morph into lands of IP, just like all other Disney Parks. Now whether that is a good strategy or not is again something that has long been debated around here. And likely will long be debated for years to come. But its not becoming a movie park.
It was a theory,
I also mentioned before that they could just be putting the IP’s in to draw crowds (marvel and Pixar) but I also thought what if they had a greater plan to save it. (Epcot is getting a major revision in FW and why can’t DCA)
The park has been struggling because of its theming and there could be a way they fix it but it would be much easier to turn it into a park about their movie IP’s that probably won’t fit into DL.
Pixar and Marvel are already there.
20th Fox would work as well,
If it were a movie park.
I did not say that it was happening or that it was what was going to happen
AS I ALREADY SAID, THEY PROBABLY ARE KEEPING IT AS WHAT IT IS BUT I WANTED TO SHARE A POSSABILITY

Tank Man

Original Poster
So all Disney parks?
Not exactly
A movies park is completely off of movie IP’s
Every Disneyland has some original rides, original stories made for the rides, not a already existing IP (Big thunder is not a movie).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom