TheNo Distractions, Never say Never and let's eat a garbage can while we are at it Sept 2012 TR

Alison1975

Original Poster
Very early Monday morning we got up.. got our stuff together and said good buy to The Boardwalk. We hopped in the van, pointed the GPS towards POFQ and soon we were there. It was about 8:10 am... could our luck hold out and could BOTH rooms be ready? Hummmm.....

Oh and I had heard from Noah that at 6:15 they were boarded on the plane!

Yep..oh my..we get there, go to check in and they are BOTH ready..and my oh my did we get hooked up! Now when we made the ressies the only level available was garden view..I did NOT want to pay more for the room..I;m s standard view kinda gal..but it's what it was. Well I am now kinda glad we had to..lol.. we were in building 5.. rooms 5107 and 5108. Ground floor again!! And bonus..unlike last year we had connecting rooms! We were directly across from the laundry and spa, a 90 second walk to the pool and food court..SCORE!

our room:
001_zps430d8659.jpg

002_zps991defdc.jpg

Noah and my moms rooms:
003_zpsbe007233.jpg

004_zpse2d00087.jpg

Once we checked out the room we went and got our refill mugs ( 3 colors..seriously??) and food..we were starving and not having to PAY for it was a relief!
222122_10151106379441655_144950147_n.jpg

After Eric and bell services brought all our stuff I decorated our window while the kids got their swim suits on:
408892_10151107668826655_533543372_n.jpg

Not too many people did this in any area we saw.. oh well..ours just got more and more decorated by the day...lol

Next I got the text that the plane had landed. I took the kids over to the pool..my lovely husband took his luggage to the laundry.

This is one of "those" lessons people. See my husband loves hard cider... he and Taejan work at Eric's bosses orchard and help make it and that means we always have giant bottles around. Bright love of my life wanted to bring some with him..ok cool.Well he picked a still and a sparkling..even after his boss and I both warned him about the sparkling and a 1280 mile drive and 85+ temps. I had to be a you know what and didn't let him pack it in the van near anyone's items..so he out it in his luggage.. and didn't touch it ..so from Thursday AM until Monday Am it was packed in my van with the movement and the changing temps. Yep..you guessed it...it exploded..no idea when..I had thought he brought it in the rooms at each resort ( cus thats what I would have done..lol) but nope. SO he had a very nice mess and no clean clothes left ( we packed oddly so we had a bag for the 4 days before POFQ and then each had a bag for the rest of the trip..it was in his rest of the trip bag).

So while he was doing laundry and waiting for it ( and those dryers run more than 30 minutes despite the sign!) the kids swam.. Noah and my mom got on DME ( and I reveled in being RIGHT...na na na na)
005_zps8d04087e.jpg

Now my kids went from being Clown vomit to serpent vomit...
006_zps82b2b97d.jpg

007_zps21b20234.jpg

008_zps9248b80f.jpg

009_zps6ebc99a4.jpg

So this pool was cool.. the music was nice ( ha ha that would change...believe me). The kids liked the slide but it was a one star slide to the BWI's 5 star slide..lol I ,over the course of the trip, found the pool very difficult to relax at. There is no spot that gives you a good view of the whole pool. I am glad my kids are great swimmers and that the lifeguards are amazing at Disney pools ( and they put up with a lot of dense people!).

So now I hear from Noah that he and my mom are HERE. The plan was to chill in the rooms until like 3pm. They had been up since 3am.. but soon they settled in and were itching to go..well we still had to wait for Eric's laundry.

Very soon we were heading off to Magic Kingdom.. I was so excited I was doing back handsprings..in my head..cus if I tried to actually DO a back handspring I'd be in a pile of broken bones when I stopped..just sayin.

Up next..MK..FINALLY!

DisneyDebNJ

Loving the TR Alison!!!!! Your kids are absolutely precious! And your poor DH and the sparkling hard cider. Yet another lesson ALL husbands need to learn.. ALWAYS listen to the Mrs!!! LOL

Alison1975

Original Poster
Loving the TR Alison!!!!! Your kids are absolutely precious! And your poor DH and the sparkling hard cider. Yet another lesson ALL husbands need to learn.. ALWAYS listen to the Mrs!!! LOL

thank you..my kids are something..LOL..pictures always tend to capture them being sweet..lol. Yep..hard lesson learned no doubt. Luckily POFQ had Angry Orchard cider..ya know at $9 a bottle @@,,LOL

DisneyDebNJ

thank you..my kids are something..LOL..pictures always tend to capture them being sweet..lol. Yep..hard lesson learned no doubt. Luckily POFQ had Angry Orchard cider..ya know at $9 a bottle @@,,LOL
I hope DH drank it slowly too, my DH did almost the same thing, but with a bottle of white zinfandel, and swore up and down it didnt need to be wrapped up in a towel (and he works for Homeland Security) well guess whos suitcase was soaked when we arrived at our resort?!?!?!? HIS!!! All I did was shake my head, and watch him grumble and moan complaining how much the washers and dryers cost, that was one heck of an expensive bottle of wine LMAO

Alison1975

Original Poster
I hope DH drank it slowly too, my DH did almost the same thing, but with a bottle of white zinfandel, and swore up and down it didnt need to be wrapped up in a towel (and he works for Homeland Security) well guess whos suitcase was soaked when we arrived at our resort?!?!?!? HIS!!! All I did was shake my head, and watch him grumble and moan complaining how much the washers and dryers cost, that was one heck of an expensive bottle of wine LMAO

HA HA HA.. well ya know...men..they don't think ahead most of the time. Our was a huge bottle..would have lasted him all 10 days..instead we bought more than a few Angry Orchard bottles that are beer bottle size...

Alison1975

Original Poster
That is disgusting that an adult would do that -- I take it this is the individual, caught in the act?

accidently caught in the act.. it was ridiculous actually. Some people are just too much..it's a pool game.. let the kids play..your kid doesnt have to WIN because you steal everyone elses stuff!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Torture!!! Mine is going to be here in a couple of days. I can't wait! Time to stalk the mail man again...poor mail man! :)

razza1987

The cupcakes at the start of this trip report were mouth watering lol. It was so sweet of your son to give the prize to the child that hadn’t won anything yet. Wow the view from the Contemporary Resort of the Castle is impressive. AOA looks so beautiful. I wish it wasn’t so much more too. We are staying at POP when we go in Feb so by the looks of things we could go over and check it out lol.

The smile on your sons face when the geyser went off really says it all lol. Classic. Your son did a great job with the pictures while on that surrey bike thingy lol. Especially love the ship picture he got with the mermaid on the front.

Wow what kind of sick minded adult steals the toys of a child. That’s unbelievable. I would be sickened by that too. In case if you couldn’t tell I already am lol.

Aww that picture of you hugging Mickey is sweet lol.

I LOVE the purple of the POFQ! WOW it’s beautiful! Yes, purple is my favourite color lmao.

What is the mickey thing? Is it some kind of waffle or something?

Ok those are all my thoughts so far lmao. Looking forward to more :)

Alison1975

Original Poster
The cupcakes at the start of this trip report were mouth watering lol. It was so sweet of your son to give the prize to the child that hadn’t won anything yet. Wow the view from the Contemporary Resort of the Castle is impressive. AOA looks so beautiful. I wish it wasn’t so much more too. We are staying at POP when we go in Feb so by the looks of things we could go over and check it out lol. Yes you can def just walk over the bridge and check it out!

The smile on your sons face when the geyser went off really says it all lol. Classic. Your son did a great job with the pictures while on that surrey bike thingy lol. Especially love the ship picture he got with the mermaid on the front. He did..i was proud :)

Wow what kind of sick minded adult steals the toys of a child. That’s unbelievable. I would be sickened by that too. In case if you couldn’t tell I already am lol. yeah It was unreal.. and she darn well heard me when my kids were upset..I didnt confront her cus let's face it that isnt gonna solve anything..but I comforted my kids rather loudly and mentioned what kind of person would take the toys...grrr..then I told the CM's.

Aww that picture of you hugging Mickey is sweet lol. I was kinda done with hanging out but the kids ( and the hubby) were having a blast so Mickey and I chilled and watched The Mighty Ducks ..llol

I LOVE the purple of the POFQ! WOW it’s beautiful! Yes, purple is my favourite color lmao. yes..I actually felt the rooms at POFQ were nicer than BWI..and honestly felt the same size what with the "lost" space with the patio door and bathroom set up of BWI

What is the mickey thing? Is it some kind of waffle or something? Yep..Mickey head waffles..:)

Ok those are all my thoughts so far lmao. Looking forward to more :)
hee hee..thank you..more to come for sure..I still have 10 days of parks AND MNSSHP to report!!

disneygirl1

Ok so let me just say I have your same take on staying at a deluxe. We were going to say at BWI this past May then we started thinking.... We are going to pay all this $$$ to stay at a resort we aren't even really going to get to enjoy?? So we then decided on WL, but then again right before we left decided to save a few more pennies and opted for CSR which I love!! We stayed at AKL in Dec '10 for 10 days and looking back I absolutely LOVED the resort but I just wish we were able to enjoy it more then we did. So yes I agree if you are not planning to be in the park totally take advantage of the deluxe resorts! But for us who are typically in the parks morning to night with an occassional afternoon break back at the resort, the mods and values work great for us!

PS hurry up with the photopass!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Ok so let me just say I have your same take on staying at a deluxe. We were going to say at BWI this past May then we started thinking.... We are going to pay all this $$$ to stay at a resort we aren't even really going to get to enjoy?? So we then decided on WL, but then again right before we left decided to save a few more pennies and opted for CSR which I love!! We stayed at AKL in Dec '10 for 10 days and looking back I absolutely LOVED the resort but I just wish we were able to enjoy it more then we did. So yes I agree if you are not planning to be in the park totally take advantage of the deluxe resorts! But for us who are typically in the parks morning to night with an occassional afternoon break back at the resort, the mods and values work great for us!

PS hurry up with the photopass!

Yep! We would have even done a value again if it was still the $200 ish to upgrade dining ( which is what we paid last year).. and once my kids are bigger and PORS can't hold us sizewise in one room we will be back to values!

Alison1975

Original Poster
I have to share. Taejan just woke up and he tells me he has a plan. " You know how we went one year til Disney this time, well next time we can go 2 years then the next 3 and then we can go to Georgia when we arent going to Disney"..hee hee. We told them we were not going back for 3 years. The younger two have no idea we are going back in Sept ( God willing)..and our plan was to tell them we were going to visit my friend in GA since we can't afford Disney again..bonus is if we really can't afford it we will go to GA anyway..lol. It was just too cute how Taejan had this "plan" all set for me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom