ThemeParkOne- who is it? Real insider or fraud?

powlessfamily4

Well I'm going to start following him on Twitter also. It's nice to hear good news about Disney. If it comes to be great, if it doesn't.... it made me smile for the moment. : )

yeti

833ec_ORIG-skeptical_gif.gif

I really do want to believe but I'm always a bit skeptical of any "insiders," mainly because Disney is so tight-lipped about everything they do and I would think that it wouldn't be worth risking one's job to titilate a few readers on the internet. Having said that, none of what he's said seems outrageous and even if he's pulling our leg, it's still fun to follow. I guess we'll know soon enough if any of this is going to happen.

bgraham34

No matter if he is 100% correct or not, somethings may not pan out, but he is a ray of sunshine for the Disney community. So enjoy it while you can.

Goofy6294

@Yeti - That there's some funny stuff, I don't care who you are!

Regarding TPO (he's already gotten his own initials), let's hold out hope. After all, what's the worst that could happen, his prognostications don't come true? If they do, then that's fantastic!

Space Mountain

Keep in mind WDI has been actively hiring interns the past few months. Chances are this is a new-hire in one of those roles getting information from their team, and sharing the information with this site rather than following the contract to keep quiet.

Lee

Adventurer
A CM could probably describe it better, but as I understand it the position "Theme Park One" refers to a cm who is sort of the park's "manager on duty" for a given shift. There is also a "Facilities One" and "Attractions One" that are in charge of their respective departments.

Pioneer Hall

A CM could probably describe it better, but as I understand it the position "Theme Park One" refers to a cm who is sort of the park's "manager on duty" for a given shift. There is also a "Facilities One" and "Attractions One" that are in charge of their respective departments.

Usually the case in any large theme park. One of the department heads is usually "in charge" of that park on a rotating schedule. So any decisions that need to be made on a moments notice would go to that person, and wouldn't necessarily be the most senior person in the park at that time. Then usually it's someone below the top rung that would be the facilities or operations leader for a shift as well. In my experience the head of a department wouldn't be the one operationally in charge of that department on a given day...if I am making any sense.

breakin2

In my experience, the park manager usually defers to the family that was chosen as the grand marshals to the parade.

Aero

My guess: ThemeParkOne might be a fabrication of Disney PR. To counter the pessimists (who do tarnish Disney with their words), he's been sent out to offer some small and good truths.

MerlinTheGoat

Original Poster
Bumping this up lest people forget about this guy (or girl). Sorry if it's against the rules or whatever, but themeparkone was just lying about everything. I suspected as much. TPO got a little bit too specific about his information. Usually teases vague stuff that could be anything, but during the weeks leading up to D23, TPO named some stuff that was pretty specific. Enough that we'd immediately know was true or not at least. Needless to say, wrong on all accounts (except about things that were already known anyways).

So it should come as no surprise that the lesson today is- Don't believe everything some random person on the internet says unless they have a solid proven track record of being correct. Anyone can create a Twitter account and make themselves look like some official source of Disney information with the right avatars and name.

So in the future, i hope posters here refrain from using themeparkone as a source of rumors in topics or posts. That's where i first heard of the guy, just people quoting TPO on here as if they were some insider. Keep to our proven trusted insiders here like Lee, Raven, Martin, etc. Don't believe everything you hear just because they have an official looking page with a fancy name, along with stuff you WANT to hear announced (sounds like TPO told people what they wanted to hear and they believed it due to that reason). :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom