ThemeParkOne- who is it? Real insider or fraud?

MerlinTheGoat

Original Poster
EDIT (August 23)- Well D23 has come and gone. And what can i say? Basically nothing was really announced at the event for any park. All we got was info we already knew. Verdict is that it would seem themeparkone was just lying about everything. Can't say i'm surprised. I'm not a "told you so" person, so don't take this that way. But i wanted to let people know NOT to read his Twitter page anymore and believe what he's saying (he has been quoted by people on this forum before, so i would refrain from doing so in the future).

If this person is reading this thread, i mean no disrespect. I'd just like some clarification. I wasn't sure where to ask this. I guess this is the best place. But my question involves a Twitter posted that i've seen quoted around here- ThemeParkOne. Here's his page-
http://twitter.com/#!/ThemeParkOne

Reading his tweets, he has a LOT to claim about things that go on inside the parks and the company in general. He also seems to be claiming to be an insider (whether an imagineer or what, dunno), dining with major people in the company. I first heard about him on these forums from several posters in various topics. Lately he's teasing many new enhancements for the WDW parks.

My basic question is who is this guy? Does anyone on here know him and can you tell us a bit about whether this guy is really some sort of mega insider or just some random internet person trolling the Disney fanbase. His claims are bold, but i've yet to see anyone tell me whether he's really what he says he is. I'm certainly not one to call him out on stuff, but i'm just wondering what position he's in to make the claims he's been tweeting lately.

I'm well aware that there are tons of Disney insiders all over the net and these sites (we've got some like Lee, Raven, etc on here). But the reason i'm a little sketchy about this guy is due to his apparent vendetta against some online Disney fanbase communities. Particularly, he apparently got banned from Micechat a few months ago for attacking some people and now harbors a very hateful vendetta against them, Al Lutz, and everyone else involved. I'm wondering whether all his teaser tweets lately about WDW improvements have anything to do with wanting to just mess with the fanbase. I'd be glad to be proven wrong, but it seems possible that this could be some sort of revenge against Disney fans to get them hyped up only to have their expectations crushed.

So what do we know about this person? Is he an actual insider? Is he trustworthy? Any info would be appreciated if anyone knows more. Thanks.

Notable tweets within the last year i've noticed him post (as specific as i can find)-
- No hollow announcements at D23 (all apparently intended to be 100% followed through with)
- Epcot's Future World going to be revealed at D23 to undergo major restructuring, including the replacement of a present pavilion
- No plans at all for Imagination
- Peoplemover in DL will never come back in any shape or form (very adamant that this attraction will never return in any way)
- Hatbox ghost isn't returning to Haunted Mansion (this has recently been confirmed false by Lee and others, Hattie is returning eventually)
- Hollywood Studios is supposed to have at least one major new ride or attraction announced at D23
- WDW's tomorrowland may eventually be restructured to be closer to Shanghai's (announced around the time that Shanghai opens)
- Potentially major Fantasmic overhaul for WDW
- Loop will come to Space Mountain (not sure whether this was sarcasm, but he just said "totally" to the proposed question, hard to read that either way)
- World of Color not being considered to come to Downtown Disney
- Yeti may be fixed within 18 months
- Teases of a possible new monorail fleet
- Hinted that a new parade, fireworks, AND nighttime show would come to some of the WDW parks within 2 years (particularly that he knew that a new parade was coming). He claims they're pushing to announce two of these at D23
- Stark Expo is likely
- US Parks are absolutely not being sold, nor will they outsource any of them to foreign companies
- Backlot tour will be gone within 5 years
- No good or interesting plans for Pleasure Island
- Al Lutz is definitely wrong about no new big announcements at D23
- Animal Kingdom to get a major new expansion within 5 years

themeparkone

Hi there!

Definitely not a troll - but, hey, wouldn't a troll say that? Hmmm.

No real vendetta toward Micechat - not worth my time anymore. (Micechat's Disneyland media credentials were revoked this spring, so I feel everything worked out in the end.)

Not trying to get folks riled up with false hope only to have the carpet pulled out from under them. If anything, I'd rather spread the good news that there are many, many great projects in the pipeline, which is the exact opposite of what Al Lutz and many bloggers on various Disney/Theme Park fansites are saying.

I refuse to directly acknowledge my position or lack-of one in the Walt Disney Company, which is why I leave it up to you to decide whether I am 'trustworthy' or not. Over time, my info will dictate whether or not people believe what I say.

Anyway - I tweet very vaguely most of the time simply to keep the conversation going without ruining surprises. I reveal info when the time is right (see Shanghai groundbreaking).

Because I'm taking the time to actually respond to your inquiry, I figure I'll leave a little tidbit for WDW... a new mega daytime parade is set to debut at the Magic Kingdom next year, currently called "Festival of Fantasy."

TPO

MerlinTheGoat

Original Poster
First of all, thanks for responding to my queries. I'm always willing to give the benefit of the doubt. Especially as we've got D23 coming up and the truth will be unveiled either way. I'm not trying to attack you, thanks for not taking it in that way and getting riled up over some random poster like myself (i certainly am not an insider). I don't want to give you the impression that i jump to conclusions.

I'm still a little skeptical, but i shall remain hopeful of the stuff you've hinted at. I created this topic not to call you out, but i genuinely wanted to know who you were and why people were quoting you. Suffice to say, i knew nothing about you.

I'm watching your Twitter. If nothing else, it's fun to hear potential info, even if it doesn't turn out to be true. Whether or not anything you said will come to being will surely be announced soon anyways. I don't mean any disrespect, i'm just a little skeptical of this sort of stuff. Hope you can understand. I'll be monitoring the news for D23 of course. Heavy anticipation there for sure. I'm hoping the stuff you said does bear truth, will be shown whether it does soon enough. So don't mind me if you are indeed the real deal, if what you've said ends up being proven true, please disregard this topic and consider me a fan of yours. I always appreciate info.:)

Kamikaze

1) Agreed that Lutz and the other doom and gloomers are negative far too much.

2) Everyone knew about the Shanghai groundbreaking... hardly something to hang your hat on.

3) Festival of Fantasy could possibly be the worst name for anything, ever. Yes, it fits the theme of the FLE, but god, what a horrid name.

MerlinTheGoat

Original Poster
I don't mind the name, i actually like it. More so than "Celebrate a Dream Come True". Wonder if they'll keep reusing that old castle float. :p

devoy1701

First of all, thanks for responding to my queries. I'm always willing to give the benefit of the doubt. Especially as we've got D23 coming up and the truth will be unveiled either way. I'm not trying to attack you, thanks for not taking it in that way and getting riled up over some random poster like myself (i certainly am not an insider). I don't want to give you the impression that i jump to conclusions.

I'm still a little skeptical, but i shall remain hopeful of the stuff you've hinted at. I created this topic not to call you out, but i genuinely wanted to know who you were and why people were quoting you. Suffice to say, i knew nothing about you.

I'm watching your Twitter. If nothing else, it's fun to hear potential info, even if it doesn't turn out to be true. Whether or not anything you said will come to being will surely be announced soon anyways. I don't mean any disrespect, i'm just a little skeptical of this sort of stuff. Hope you can understand. I'll be monitoring the news for D23 of course. Heavy anticipation there for sure. I'm hoping the stuff you said does bear truth, will be shown whether it does soon enough. So don't mind me if you are indeed the real deal, if what you've said ends up being proven true, please disregard this topic and consider me a fan of yours. I always appreciate info.:)

I hope to have an answer on this soon as well. Some of it sounds like a combination of fanboy banter and wishful thinking...others sound possible.

ChristianG

I like this guy. I'm still a little skeptical, but he does sound sort of legit. Plus, he's saying things I like to hear! I'm going to follow him on twitter!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
3) Festival of Fantasy could possibly be the worst name for anything, ever. Yes, it fits the theme of the FLE, but god, what a horrid name.

But Disney always has to recycle those names...there should be a Disney show slot machine...you can choose between MAGIC - DISNEY - FANTASY - DREAMS - WISHES and a few other names, to come up with 90% of the shows these days :rolleyes:

AEfx

I don't mind the name, i actually like it. More so than "Celebrate a Dream Come True". Wonder if they'll keep reusing that old castle float. :p

Same here.

All that "Celebrate" crap is getting so old. No, not everyone comes to WDW to celebrate birthdays, etc. - it's just so stale.

devoy1701

I like this guy. I'm still a little skeptical, but he does sound sort of legit. Plus, he's saying things I like to hear! I'm going to follow him on twitter!

This is exactly why he's getting a following...because he's saying things that people want to hear no matter how BlueSky they are.

Be skeptical and don't get your hopes up. That's all I have to say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom