News Theme parks way up

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I remember going in October of 1988. My dad tried to make reservations at Hoop De Doo for our trip (we were going for 8 days) right when the booking window opened, and he was unable to for any days of our trip. We were able to get the Luau and the Top of the World dinner show with ease, but not Hoop De Doo. He kept trying every day, and we finally got it about 2 months before our trip due to a cancellation.

Ahhh...but that was before the 90's explosion and the hoop dee do was one of the hottest tickets then...that was when it was Was just magic kingdom, Epcot, the disney village and river country...

Think about that for a minute 8)

dennis-in-ct

Do you think they will ditch the Magic bands for the FastPass availability and keep it for everything else? They have there good points but a lot of the walk ons ( pirates and haunted Mansion) have huge waits. It’s nice Ce to use to get into the parks, pay for things, door key and so on.
Oh, we live close enough to drive over to the parks and see all of the mass chaos. We said if we moved away we would never go back. We experienced the overplanning back in December of 2015 and it took the fun out of it.

I know what you mean. I also really enjoyed the bands to pay for things and to open our hotel room door.
At this point I would not imagine Disney no longer offering fastpass. There is no going back. Moving forward, I would hope Disney simply add more "people eating" capacity. And maybe remove some rides like Haunted Mansion from Fast Pass - certain rides just don't *need* it.

I was disappointed to learn the Theater at MK was cancelled cause that would have been a "people eater" for the crowds and guaranteed the guests to see the characters all in one show.

HauntedMansionFLA

I know what you mean. I also really enjoyed the bands to pay for things and to open our hotel room door.
At this point I would not imagine Disney no longer offering fastpass. There is no going back. Moving forward, I would hope Disney simply add more "people eating" capacity. And maybe remove some rides like Haunted Mansion from Fast Pass - certain rides just don't *need* it.

I was disappointed to learn the Theater at MK was cancelled cause that would have been a "people eater" for the crowds and guaranteed the guests to see the characters all in one show.
You never know. It seems EPCOT is heading toward becoming MK 2.0. Add high capacity rides in there and merge the two parks. That would spread them out.

prberk

Ahhh...but that was before the 90's explosion and the hoop dee do was one of the hottest tickets then...that was when it was Was just magic kingdom, Epcot, the disney village and river country...

Think about that for a minute 8)

And they actually promoted the golf and boating options. And the campfires and horseback riding at Fort Wilderness. And the Polynesian Luau. Remember when Walt Disney World Resort used to be a resort?

HauntedMansionFLA

Another thing that really puts a strain on the other three parks is between August and December when the Magic Kingdom has Halloween and Christmas parties at least four days a week. I can’t, well yes I can, there are Halloween parties In August.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom