News Theme parks way up

smile

Disney theme park attendance was up 6 percent in the quarter. P&R revenue was up 13 percent and profits up 21%. Proof that Disney has a very wrong future.

if you mean to infer reinforcement of current practice as result, i feel you may find a good deal here who would agree with you

jt04

I remember the days when cynics claimed TDO and Iger would cause WDW to be auctioned off in lots.

For you new to these boards, that really was the claim. Of 'insiders' no less.

Some also said Pandora was an idea doomed to fail.

Star Wars Land opens in 2019.

Then the MKs 50th.

LucasCole

Disney theme park attendance was up 6 percent in the quarter. P&R revenue was up 13 percent and profits up 21%. Proof that Disney has a very wrong future. Just wait till 2019 with Star Wars and 2021 for the 50th anniversary of WDW.

So more people are coming. Things cost more (or people are spending more) at a rate double that, and costs for Disney are down at a rate double that. Sounds like Disney realizes people will keep coming and spending even when Disney spends less on the product itself.

And while I still obviously love wdw (why would I be here) I can attest to this fact currently. I’m on day 4 of my trip and all I see are

1. massive crowds on what used to be the deadest season of year

2. broken monorails and rides, spent 50 waiting to go to Epcot from TTC Sunday morning. TT and all the mountains in mk have been broken this week

3. Understaffed restaurants with no ADRs available anywhere. I had to bus my own table at tusker house tonight. Yet the place was half full

4. Insane lines by mid morning. A 25 min wait for the people mover because everything else is 60 mins plus by 10 am. On a tuesday

See I don’t care how many opportunties Disney takes to make money on me. If the experience is good I’ll pay whatever. Create all the stupid upsell packages you want, go ahead and charge me for my freaking shampoo. But I bought dvc, I plan all I can, am efficient with my time, and still cannot get on a ride unless I have a fast pass... and have to wait 25 mins for a turkey sandwich at the contempo cafe. The resort is understaffed and the place needs serious investments. Not more ride simulators. They just bring in more crowds for a watered down experience.

HauntedMansionFLA

So more people are coming. Things cost more (or people are spending more) at a rate double that, and costs for Disney are down at a rate double that. Sounds like Disney realizes people will keep coming and spending even when Disney spends less on the product itself.

And while I still obviously love wdw (why would I be here) I can attest to this fact currently. I’m on day 4 of my trip and all I see are

1. massive crowds on what used to be the deadest season of year

2. broken monorails and rides, spent 50 waiting to go to Epcot from TTC Sunday morning. TT and all the mountains in mk have been broken this week

3. Understaffed restaurants with no ADRs available anywhere. I had to bus my own table at tusker house tonight. Yet the place was half full

4. Insane lines by mid morning. A 25 min wait for the people mover because everything else is 60 mins plus by 10 am. On a tuesday

See I don’t care how many opportunties Disney takes to make money on me. If the experience is good I’ll pay whatever. Create all the stupid upsell packages you want, go ahead and charge me for my freaking shampoo. But I bought dvc, I plan all I can, am efficient with my time, and still cannot get on a ride unless I have a fast pass... and have to wait 25 mins for a turkey sandwich at the contempo cafe. The resort is understaffed and the place needs serious investments. Not more ride simulators. They just bring in more crowds for a watered down experience.
1. Parents take there kids out of school for a vacation which use to be the quiet times fir the resorts. I have. No pity when I hear the parents crying around about how packed the parks are.

HauntedMansionFLA

In other words: Disney reduces staffing levels and increases prices. People keep coming and spending. Thus, there's no reason for them to change, is there? Makes me wonder what Sunday will bring... :(

Avatar - Will it last? Way too soon to call it "a win". Get back to us in 2 years.
Sunday will bring you a packed park if you go to the Magic Kingdom.

HauntedMansionFLA

I remember the days when cynics claimed TDO and Iger would cause WDW to be auctioned off in lots.

Then the MKs 50th.
Plus GotG coming into EPCOT and saving the park.

LucasCole

1. Parents take there kids out of school for a vacation which use to be the quiet times fir the resorts. I have. No pity when I hear the parents crying around about how packed the parks are.

My point was the resorts are packed yet the rides are under serviced and under staffed But thanks for pointing out the parents take their kids out of school. I thought they were all home schooled or drop outs at age 8..

HauntedMansionFLA

My point was the resorts are packed yet the rides are under serviced and under staffed But thanks for pointing out the parents take their kids out of school. I thought they were all home schooled or drop outs at age 8..
I don’t think they are home schooled or drop outs??? I really don’t know the answer.

disney4life2008

Then the MKs 50th.

Pandora was never going to fail because its at disney world. They have a large enough fan base that will flock to anything related to disney. You know its bad when people want to be the first to get a new disney cup cake. i think its pretty pathetic but ibid. Pandora is successful because its in a park where prior to, it was a half day. If you do not have FP for either attraction, half your day will be sepnt in line. And that awful rivers of light show is only a win because they build pandora to be a nighttime activity then you go see rivers of light.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom