Politics Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Disney Irish

Premium Member
"Dr. Erica Pan, California’s public health officer, said San Francisco benefited from the new health equity metric, which requires the positivity rates in the most disadvantaged communities to be within a certain percentage of the countywide average."

"At 0.8%, the positivity rate in San Francisco is one of the lowest in California. The city is also testing more of its residents per-capita than any other jurisdiction in the state. That allowed it to further reduce its case rate, using a modifier in the state’s calculation, from 2.5/100K to 1.5/100K, according to data from CDPH."

"Theme parks present a higher-risk environment than a live sporting event, Ghaly said, citing research commissioned by the state, to explain the looser restrictions on live sports."

Yep, its not a secret formula or some political game. Its community coming together helping each other out and helping the less fortunate.

Orange County and LA County could do the same thing. In fact LA County is taking the State up on its offer to help in this regard. Orange County however hasn't, why not?

lazyboy97o

"Theme parks present a higher-risk environment than a live sporting event, Ghaly said, citing research commissioned by the state, to explain the looser restrictions on live sports."
This research, if it has not yet been, should be released. The public has a right to know the methodology involved. It'll also be key to any legal challenge.

D

Deleted member 107043

Take a look at those SF numbers again. The real number is 2.5. They tested a crap ton so got “adjusted” to 1.5. So why did Newsom bless them with yellow tier when guidelines specifically say “less than one”? SF and it’s <1 million population isn’t that much better at COVID control, they’re just better at Newsom politics.

You guys sound ridiculous with these Newsom conspiracy theories. The question you should be asking is why can't the people and leaders of Orange County take responsibility for reducing the spread of Covid in order to meet the state's guidelines to reopen Disneyland. It's not easy to do, but it isn't impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jefro

Sometimes, there is a lot of thread, and it's hard to get a summary on what's going on with the rehashing of old arguments in a new place.

For those wondering how the new opening guidelines affect opening disneyland, I would recommend this,

Dec 1st would be the absolute minimum - anyone else got a better stack of data that would move it before then (outside lawsuits)?

We are just on the cusp of cancelling our December 14-18th plans to DL and shifting our vaca away from the area. So more than just curiosity here. Having a AP that might end up active is the only real holding us back.

lazyboy97o

You guys sound ridiculous with these Newsom conspiracy theories. The question you should be asking is why can't the people and leaders of in Orange County take responsibility for reducing the spread of Covid in order to meet the state's guidelines to reopen Disneyland. It's not easy to do, but it isn't impossible.
Because covy is a harmless bacteria.

Scoots71

Sometimes, there is a lot of thread, and it's hard to get a summary on what's going on with the rehashing of old arguments in a new place.

For those wondering how the new opening guidelines affect opening disneyland, I would recommend this,

Dec 1st would be the absolute minimum - anyone else got a better stack of data that would move it before then (outside lawsuits)?

We are just on the cusp of cancelling our December 14-18th plans to DL and shifting our vaca away from the area. So more than just curiosity here. Having a AP that might end up active is the only real holding us back.
You might as well go ahead and cancel. It's a 3 week minimum at the Orange level before they can move down to Yellow, and Orange County is still a couple of weeks away (even in the best case scenario) from getting down to Orange level.

Gottalovepluto

With Halloween + Thanksgiving between now and your trip no way is OC yellow by mid-Dec.

Travel Junkie

You guys sound ridiculous with these Newsom conspiracy theories. The question you should be asking is why can't the people and leaders of Orange County take responsibility for reducing the spread of Covid in order to meet the state's guidelines to reopen Disneyland. It's not easy to do, but it isn't impossible.

The conspiracy theories are pretty ridiculous.

The state clearly went over their reasoning. I'm not saying I agree with them and they should go into more detail. However, there is no conspiracy. Newsom doesn't hate Orange County (which makes no sense because theme parks are all over the state) and he doesn't hate theme parks. He is simply listening to people telling him they are at a higher risk than other activities.

1603307609400.png

TP2000

"Dr. Erica Pan, California’s public health officer, said San Francisco benefited from the new health equity metric, which requires the positivity rates in the most disadvantaged communities to be within a certain percentage of the countywide average."

"At 0.8%, the positivity rate in San Francisco is one of the lowest in California. The city is also testing more of its residents per-capita than any other jurisdiction in the state. That allowed it to further reduce its case rate, using a modifier in the state’s calculation, from 2.5/100K to 1.5/100K, according to data from CDPH."

I get it that San Francisco got extra credit for saving the whales and a gold star for Nancy Pelosi's beautiful hairdo, so the actual scientific transmission rate of 2.5 was graded on a curve and given a San Francisco score of 1.5

But that doesn't explain how they turned the revised 1.5 score into a 0.9 score that is required for the Yellow Tier.

The Yellow Tier was always stated as needing to be "Less Than One", and that language is still clearly stated on the state website that San Francisco was graded by. 1.5 is more than 1.0

0.9 is less than 1.0, what am I missing there? Besides saving the whales, of course. 🐋

TP2000

Oh, this is gonna be good! I had to stop the video 30 seconds in when Ken Potrock kept adjusting his shirt and checking his profile as he sits in his den at home. :rolleyes:

The Legoland guy already wins for branding by wearing a sharp white shirt and sport coat in front of a neutral but tastefully branded background. 🤣

But now that I got my silly snark out of the way, I'm going to sit and watch this seriously. Thank you for posting it!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom