The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

JohnD

Can't look and see what's posted above, so I'll just add my observations from this morning -

Arrived at MK and picked up a couple of the really NICE commemorative guide maps.
Exclusive for today only, and WOW are these are classy looking!
Each Guest is handed one upon entering.
New general Guide Maps are also availible, with the 'Beacons of Light' concept art Castle on the cover....if you can find them.

Long lines for merch.
Just did a quick walk by.
Had to head over to the Polynesian for breakfast, so will be back soon.

Had official confirmation from one of the Park Managers that no one should be worried about not being allowed back into MK if you have a Park Reservation.
We have already discussed this here weeks ago, but for those still nervous.....don't be.
We will al be able to return to the MK at any time.

Park Hoppers however.....not sure about ya'all.

Currently at the Polynesian, and a CM is strolling around the lobby area playing her ukulele and wishing everyone a happy 50th.
Man....why is this getting me emotional....?

-
Good. I have a 5pm dinner ADR at Whispering Canyon. I promptly put away the 50th guide map in a flat pocket of my backpack. Hope it stays in good condition.

TTA94

Pretty sad that the 40th was better than the 50th today. Obviously Covid did have a lot to do with all this though. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, hopefully the second half of the 50th around Spring feels more like a true 50th Anniversary celebration. It is possible since the pandemic should continue to lighten up even more by then, or “gone” by then. Tron could open, the RR, maybe FOF returns and with some 50th nods to it.
As for DE and Harmonious, well, best we can hope for is some tweaks along the way. I don’t see anything major happening to them until after the 50th.

WaltsTreasureChest

Fist fights, screaming, broken fixtures, emporium is currently in chaos and it’s dangerous, total disaster
331CF392-E818-4777-AD37-6E406B9D37AC.jpeg

John park hopper

Pretty sad that the 40th was better than the 50th today. Obviously Covid did have a lot to do with all this though. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, hopefully the second half of the 50th around Spring feels more like a true 50th Anniversary celebration. It is possible since the pandemic should continue to lighten up even more by then, or “gone” by then. Tron could open, the RR, maybe FOF returns and with some 50th nods to it.
As for DE and Harmonious, well, best we can hope for is some tweaks along the way. I don’t see anything major happening to them until after the 50th.
Covid seems to be the catch all excuse for Disney's 50th failure

RWilliams

Premium Member
Fist fights, screaming, broken fixtures, emporium is currently in chaos and it’s dangerous, total disaster
Such magical behavior from people. :rolleyes: How disgusting, shame on all of those people! God speed to the emporium cast today- so many of which are STILL displaced from their home locations. This is a difficult day for so many of the cast who had held so much hope that they would be back in their proper roles for today. And now they are having to deal with this madness. Its all just such a shame! Love to all the merchandise cast today ❤️ I wouldn't be surprised if there were more than a few two weeks notices put in today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom