The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Rich Brownn

Yep, nothing screams Disney like falling to your Death in a Tower...🙄
anigif_enhanced-32681-1429651615-12.gif
Ah but you don't die. Through the magic of Disney, you survive the experience... complete with a photo transformed from the 5th dimension :D Seriously, though it's more "Disney" in the fact that it was created by Disney Imagineers, unlike the Chinese theater.

hpyhnt 1000

Hey, it is something for the WDW fans and it isn’t marketable. Glad they are maintaining the EWP.
This. Anything that keeps the water pageant going is a win in my book, and even better, it's getting some 50th additions. More of this please!

Any chance FoF would be one of those unannounced surprises? Surely there's got to be some kind of parade down Main Street for the 50th...

ToTBellHop

This. Anything that keeps the water pageant going is a win in my book, and even better, it's getting some 50th additions. More of this please!

Any chance FoF would be one of those unannounced surprises? Surely there's got to be some kind of parade down Main Street for the 50th...
Bob Chapek rides Santa’s sleigh while singing “You’re Welcome!” to guests.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Hey, it is something for the WDW fans and it isn’t marketable. Glad they are maintaining the EWP.
I had seen it as a kid staying at the Poly circa 1990, and completely forgotten about it. In 2004 my wife and I went on our honeymoon for the first time as adults and stayed at the GF in a room with a balcony overlooking the MK (side note- we did not pay for this upgrade, we had gotten a lower category room but Disney upgraded us because it was our honeymoon, and also left us with a nice gift basket. Not sure today's Disney would do that....). Our arrival day we went to MK for a bit (and had no clue what we were doing at the time), went on one or two rides, then went back to the hotel (as we were exhausted from the wedding and travel) and watched Wishes from our balcony. We thought everything was done and was completely taken by surprise by the water pagent. We watched it several nights while there - so that show is somewhat special to us and I'm glad it's getting updated and maintained.

ToTBellHop

I had seen it as a kid staying at the Poly circa 1990, and completely forgotten about it. In 2004 my wife and I went on our honeymoon for the first time as adults and stayed at the GF in a room with a balcony overlooking the MK (side note- we did not pay for this upgrade, we had gotten a lower category room but Disney upgraded us because it was our honeymoon, and also left us with a nice gift basket. Not sure today's Disney would do that....). Our arrival day we went to MK for a bit (and had no clue what we were doing at the time), went on one or two rides, then went back to the hotel (as we were exhausted from the wedding and travel) and watched Wishes from our balcony. We thought everything was done and was completely taken by surprise by the water pagent. We watched it several nights while there - so that show is somewhat special to us and I'm glad it's getting updated and maintained.
It would have been an easy Covid cut. So it is a small miracle they’ve kept it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom