The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

havoc315

Here is some irony: WDW reopened 9 months ago. Florida says they don’t expect any restrictions now. But we don’t get Rat until October over Covid. DL has been closed over a year and will reopen in California which wants extensive restrictions. They get a new land in June.

Do we sense a lack of consistency?

The only logical explanation to me is that Disney has written off 2021 for WDW and decided to use the downtime for major resets. Launching a whole new WDW come 10/1.
With new lands, new shows, new Early Entry system, new Disney Genie, etc.

It's like.. "we wanted to change EMH, DME, fastpass, etc anyway.... now's the perfect opportunity to make those adjustments and get a fresh start"
On the other hand, Disneyland is more "ok, carry on"

TTA94

Entertainment news is coming. But there’s more to it than just deciding to do it and immediately putting out an announcement. You may very well hear of Fantasmic cast being recalled before you get any public/press announcement about the show.

Maybe firework testing to. Not sure what preparations would be required before bringing back EF and HEA.

havoc315

Entertainment news is coming. But there’s more to it than just deciding to do it and immediately putting out an announcement. You may very well hear of Fantasmic cast being recalled before you get any public/press announcement about the show.

Considering the lag between cast being hired (they have been gone so long, not so easy to just recall) and launching entertainment, certainly seems likely we would first hear rumors about the hiring. Unless they announce far far in advance, like they did with FOTLK.

Giss Neric

Somewhat related. Shanghai Disneyland debuted their 5th Anniversary castle show. It's so weird seeing Marvel in a Disney castle but overall I love it. I wonder if they will get scenes from this for the 50th show here (except Marvel of course).

Last edited:

TTA94

Disappointing day lol at least from the way things were sounding around here it seemed like a entertainment announcement was imminent. At the same time I kinda figured things were not moving That fast. Firework crews need to be brought back, testing and rehearsals need to be done, etc. The wait continues.

MagicHappens1971

Remember “50 things for the 50th”

This is what we’re getting...
6C3B52C8-4A38-4604-A1B8-F5DEF6497F93.png

TTA94

Is MK even getting a 50th show or is Harmonious the only new show debuting for the 50th?

I wonder if the rumored HEA tag included any enhancements? Would be awesome if MK got the same new lighting package as Shanghai.
Harmonious might come close to Shanghai’s new lighting though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom