The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

VJ

Was going to say, they couldn't even be bothered to put Donald and Goofy or some other character combo on the other end. Maybe other monorails will be wrapped and have different characters?

Either way, literally all of the below had more thought put into the wrap design:
View attachment 586747

View attachment 586748

View attachment 586751

*Bonus points for the Tron wrap having a blue and gold side.
View attachment 586750

Even the Celebrate You marketing campaign arguably had a nicer design with the Mickey balloon window decals.
View attachment 586753

Although we also had this for The Year of a Million Dreams, so that haven't all been "winners." But even this did a better job of integrating to the monorails by placing YOMD in the stripe.
View attachment 586754
it's likely the film promotions were paid by the studios - no such luck here, so "valued guests" have to deal with the cheap end of the stick

ImperfectPixie

Word has been going around about the 50th name tags not being particularly durable. Supposedly prolonged exposure to heat alone can cause them to start to have issues. Should be interesting to see how long we go before everyone’s name magically starts becoming Chris from Orlando.
I'm not really surprised...fancy schmancy colors of engraving plastic can be pretty temperamental. (I ran an engraver for 10+ years as part of a previous job.)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Word has been going around about the 50th name tags not being particularly durable. Supposedly prolonged exposure to heat alone can cause them to start to have issues. Should be interesting to see how long we go before everyone’s name magically starts becoming Chris from Orlando.

“But the supplier we got them from said they’d be really durable! He even showed us how they survived in the trunk of his car!”

Figments Friend

But where's the 50th anniversary glasses?! 😢

McDonald's won't do glasses again due to the 'lead paint' scare related to one of their glasses promotions in the past.
I talked about this earlier in the thread....but for those that missed it :

A few years back they did a 'Shrek' sequel promotion ( i think it was 'Shrek the Third' ) and issued a set of glasses.
At the time, there was a lot of debate in the media about lead paint on toys and other products and a lot of recalls were happening.
McDonald's released the glasses during this period, and within one week they pulled them....never to be sold again.

Unless they issue plastic cups, or figure out some way to print designs on glass without using 'lead paint' then i doubt we will see any collectible glasses for this promotion.

-

Figments Friend

Received my first ever 'MagicBand' in the mail today.
The special '50th Anniversary' edition....sole reason i bought it.

Just noticed a surprise bonus -
Did not know this until now, but the band design ALSO includes the Three Headed Troll from 'Malestrom'.
Oh....my.....gosh.......

😮

WDW - 50th MagicBand detail.jpg

Okay, i will stop posting now....feel like i'm 'spamming' the thread!

-

ToTBellHop

Received my first ever 'MagicBand' in the mail today.
The special '50th Anniversary' edition....sole reason i bought it.

Just noticed a surprise bonus -
Did not know this until now, but the band design ALSO includes the Three Headed Troll from 'Malestrom'.
Oh....my.....gosh.......

😮

View attachment 586799

Okay, i will stop posting now....feel like i'm 'spamming' the thread!

-
You mean Maelstrom. A Malestrom is a bachelor party in Norway.

deix15x8

Here is a look at the full length of the monorail

Monorail_Full_44012.jpg
That's horrible. It would have looked much better if they left the base monorail and put different characters at the beginning and end with the pixie dust trail connecting them. Even just connecting the pixie dust trail and fading the blue in and out would have been better. It's just too bold of an image and doesn't blend at all.

doctornick

Nope, but they brought back the Frightfully Fun Parade this year for Oogie Boogie Bash at DCA.

That's an After Hours event, right? IIRC, isn't the Christmas After Hours at MK going to have a parade? Seems like they think it is fine with the lower crowds or at least fewer days compared to a daily parade during park hours.

But I look forward to FoF returning and would e nice to actually see a new parade for the 50th (even a borrowed one from DLR).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom