News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

MR.Dis

Did you ever work on Wall Street? Execs are laid off including Senior Execs.
As I said, I worked in banking for 50 years--never on Wall Street. As I stated, in 50 years NOT once was a VP or Senior Manager ever laid off- Period. Now I am sure some one some where that was a senior manager/ VP has been laid off----- just not in any company I worked for. So why the attack on such an innocent post??? Lot more weird posts to go after than one persons personal observation. Any one who has read my posts knows I worked as a mortgage underwriter. During the Mortgage Meltdown starting in 2008 thru 2017, I was personally laid off 9 times! I actually had to move temporary out of state to find a job, leaving my wife and kids so I could send them money to pay the mortgage. Not a happy time. In the end, I ended up my last 11 years with a big bank that was the best environment I ever worked.

Lilofan

As I said, I worked in banking for 50 years--never on Wall Street. As I stated, in 50 years NOT once was a VP or Senior Manager ever laid off- Period. Now I am sure some one some where that was a senior manager/ VP has been laid off----- just not in any company I worked for. So why the attack on such an innocent post??? Lot more weird posts to go after than one persons personal observation. Any one who has read my posts knows I worked as a mortgage underwriter. During the Mortgage Meltdown starting in 2017 thru 2020, I was personally laid off 9 times! I actually had to move temporary out of state to find a job, leaving my wife and kids so I could send them money to pay the mortgage. Not a happy time. In the end, I ended up my last 11 years with a big bank that was the best environment I ever worked.
Just merely pointing out in banking ( ie Wall Street ) there are layoffs to include senior execs.

Disney Analyst

I mean, if the point of layoffs is to trim down, save money, cut redundancies, etc. Laying off at the exec level doesn't make much sense, unless you are fully removing the team below them... or merging teams.

It's less likely to see execs in a reported mass lay off. You are more likely to see an exec announced as stepping down or leaving, separately.

Execs can and have been laid off, but usually to be replaced with someone else.

Lilofan

I mean, if the point of layoffs is to trim down, save money, cut redundancies, etc. Laying off at the exec level doesn't make much sense, unless you are fully removing the team below them... or merging teams.

It's less likely to see execs in a reported mass lay off. You are more likely to see an exec announced as stepping down or leaving, separately.

During the brutal layoffs nationwide in spring summer 2009, Disney had their share of layoffs including execs.

Nubs70

Unless you are cutting off the entire limb, the leaves fall first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom