News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

Kamikaze

For 3 months the rejection of Peltz was based in: “what does he know about entertainment”?

Nothing…very much unlike:
Nike
GM
Oracle
CVS
Cisco
Zuckerbergs Cult
Mastercard
Lululemon
And that thing with lagomasino that sounds like the heights of D-baggery

Only one…one…has experience in what can be said is a Disney business

This should have come up way sooner…but do you Bob-ites know who you’ve been supporting?

I know Bob thinks he’s Steve Jobs…but this company isn’t a fruit
What even is your point here?
Yes…but also one collapsing harder (delivery) than the one pengs had been writing tear soaked diatribes about for Disney all day
The TV side isn't where they make the vast majority of profit. They make their giant pile of money from internet. That isn't going anywhere any time soon. A lot of people that drop their TV for streaming still stick with their internet service.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
For 3 months the rejection of Peltz was based in: “what does he know about entertainment”?

Nothing…very much unlike:
Nike
GM
Oracle
CVS
Cisco
Zuckerbergs Cult
Mastercard
Lululemon
And that thing with lagomasino that sounds like the heights of D-baggery

Only one…one…has experience in what can be said is a Disney business

This should have come up way sooner…but do you Bob-ites know who you’ve been supporting?

I know Bob thinks he’s Steve Jobs…but this company isn’t a fruit
The rejection of Peltz, at least to me (and seemed to be the main issue for others), has always been his past record and not bring anything new to the table. Half the Disney board is new within the last few years. So if turnover is what was needed, its been done.

Most boards of companies on the exchanges these days aren't made up of members from the same industries, for the reasons I mentioned previously.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What even is your point here?
That “creativity” has nothing to do with the Disney board. And that’s ok…but the goal post just shifted back to the status quo again.
Did you buy genie or an afterhours ticket today? The “company” has needs
The TV side isn't where they make the vast majority of profit. They make their giant pile of money from internet. That isn't going anywhere any time soon. A lot of people that drop their TV for streaming still stick with their internet service.
They transitioned 10 years ago…not long after aquiring a content company and commuting to theme parks

Comcast is no peach…but they aren’t trying to say a stream service is going to make them lost billions - with not a shred of evidence to back it up.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Also, there was a period of time during that span when even high-yield savings accounts were paying less than 1% because the Fed rate was 0%, so saying you can get a higher rate on a savings account today ignores what rates were during the pandemic.
You know that stock was down about 8% until the proxy and the buyback announcement 2 months ago, right?

Might want to temper some expectations there

Chip Chipperson

You know that stock was down about 8% until the proxy and the buyback announcement 2 months ago, right?

Might want to temper some expectations there
The point still stands that you can't compare the rate of return on a stock over 5 years to savings interest rates today at a fixed point in time as if that'sbeen the rate for the past 5 years. That example blatantly ignored the fact that interest rates were much much lower for a good chunk of time during that time frame, so the comparison failed on its own lack of merits. For me personally, I bought in at $88 in 2020. My return over that time currently sits at 35.2%. Since we're picking arbitrary time periods, show me a savings account giving that rate over the past 4 years and I'll show you a bank that collapsed.

Trauma

The point still stands that you can't compare the rate of return on a stock over 5 years to savings interest rates today at a fixed point in time as if that'sbeen the rate for the past 5 years. That example blatantly ignored the fact that interest rates were much much lower for a good chunk of time during that time frame, so the comparison failed on its own lack of merits. For me personally, I bought in at $88 in 2020. My return over that time currently sits at 35.2%. Since we're picking arbitrary time periods, show me a savings account giving that rate over the past 4 years and I'll show you a bank that collapsed.
Yeah but we can compare them to every other company on the market.

Dis is underperforming terribly.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Your return was -11 in December.

And why the hell would you buy that at $88? Who’s your stockbroker

…sell…by the way. Disney performance is not going to improve over the next year or two…which means if it goes up…it’s pure smoke

Sell…sell…sellity sell!! 💰💰💰

Kamikaze

That “creativity” has nothing to do with the Disney board. And that’s ok…but the goal post just shifted back to the status quo again.
Did you buy genie or an afterhours ticket today? The “company” has needs
Ah, but those members both have experience running major corporations and are not openly hostile to the board/company they are trying to join. Creativity or experience in content/entertainment isn't the only requirement, but you need to have something other than 'I like money'.

They transitioned 10 years ago…not long after aquiring a content company and commuting to theme parks

Comcast is no peach…but they aren’t trying to say a stream service is going to make them lost billions - with not a shred of evidence to back it up.
Transitioned 10 years ago to what? Are you saying they make the majority of their revenue from content and theme parks?

Chip Chipperson

Your return was -11 in December.

And why the hell would you buy that at $88? Who’s your stockbroker

…sell…by the way. Disney performance is not going to improve over the next year or two…which means if it goes up…it’s pure smoke

Sell…sell…sellity sell!! 💰💰💰
Why would I buy at $88 at the height of the pandemic? Because it didn't take Nostradamus to see that the market would eventually rebound, COVID would eventually pass, and people will seek out entertainment. I was fortunate to have job security and a small amount of extra funds to invest outside of my 401k, so I did and it's working out pretty well at the moment. That money in a savings account wouldn't have made me very much.

Trauma

Why would I buy at $88 at the height of the pandemic? Because it didn't take Nostradamus to see that the market would eventually rebound, COVID would eventually pass, and people will seek out entertainment. I was fortunate to have job security and a small amount of extra funds to invest outside of my 401k, so I did and it's working out pretty well at the moment. That money in a savings account wouldn't have made me very much.
Ok but you would have made a lot more just buying SPY instead of a poorly run business like Disney.

Dan Deesnee

You're wrong. Peltz has a long history of what he does when he gets on a board. Spoiler: It isn't make improvements. You don't need to predict the future to look at past results.

Long history of what exactly that would be bad for someone that wants people back on the board that actually care about the Disney brand?

You're likely going to point to his investment track record. And to that I would say you are comparing one thing (financial performance) to another thing (company direction).

I couldn't care less about his financial failures or successes. What I do care about is having people on the board that actually want the parks to go back to what they were - the premier family vacation destination that didn't milk every dime from it's guests while constantly reducing what the guest gets.

Dan Deesnee

Yup.. history, background, people's own words... none of these are valuable... We should all just assume we know absolutely nothing and everything is just whatever the future may bring.

Knowledge is so overrated... YOLO baby!

You're only looking at his financial track record. Irrelevant to what's going on with him and Disney. Unless you're main concern is Disney's finances, which, more power to you.

Dranth

Long history of what exactly that would be bad for someone that wants people back on the board that actually care about the Disney brand?

You're likely going to point to his investment track record. And to that I would say you are comparing one thing (financial performance) to another thing (company direction).

I couldn't care less about his financial failures or successes. What I do care about is having people on the board that actually want the parks to go back to what they were - the premier family vacation destination that didn't milk every dime from it's guests while constantly reducing what the guest gets.
His less than stellar financial performance is in part due to his steering companies in a direction. Those things are tied together and cannot just be separated.

Making Disney worse is not a solution that will improve the parks.

Dan Deesnee

His less than stellar financial performance is in part due to his steering companies in a direction. Those things are tied together and cannot just be separated.

Making Disney worse is not a solution that will improve the parks.

So only people with perfect track records can be on the board? They would have to get rid of everyone on the board AND Bob.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
lol…sorry, man

I thought you said December 2023

Still…you made zilch those first 3 years 😎

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom