News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It’ll be interesting to see where it ends at close of day. It’s now down 3% but that may just be Peltz and Co selling off shares.

View attachment 776836

Hedge fund day-trading bros being told by their algorithms that a stock is heading down, so, sell.

We've seen that Disney has a lot of institutional investors. They don't react like this. It will find it's bottom and chill for a while.

It was the last upbeat quarterly report that goosed the stocks by $20. It will be in a day-trading back and forth until the next quarterly report.

Willmark

Then maybe Peltz should have looked at his nominations and made better choices... instead of just putting himself in the chair. Because he hurt his mission with his choices instead of championing an actual course change with resources people could get behind.
Great?

Tell Peltz that.

Vegas Disney Fan

The volume of trades is insanely high right now, millions of shares being sold, prior to the call Disney was trading at less than 100,000 shares a report, someone just unloaded 5 million shares and it’s averaging a half million at a time right now.

Vegas Disney Fan

Now down 3.5%

IMG_6179.jpeg

Sir_Cliff

To say Peltz is the wrong choice is to say you can predict the future.
That suggests you can't evaluate anything that is going to happen in the future. Why vote in elections at all if choosing one candidate over the other is to suggest you can predict the future?

I could just as easily state that to say Iger won't turn the company around and do great things for the parks in his remaining years as CEO is to say you can predict the future.

Chip Chipperson

That suggests you can't evaluate anything that is going to happen in the future. Why vote in elections at all if choosing one candidate over the other is to suggest you can predict the future?

I could just as easily state that to say Iger won't turn the company around and do great things for the parks in his remaining years as CEO is to say you can predict the future.
"You can't predict the future" as an argument always seems to be a one-way street.

MR.Dis

Except Iger wasn't CEO for a good portion of those 5 years. Since he returned as CEO in November of 2022, the stock is up 30%, while the Dow is up only 16%.
Now Iger should do the right thing and make Dana Walden the new CEO and get the heck out of the way--I know it will not happen just saying what should happen.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Now Iger should do the right thing and make Dana Walden the new CEO and get the heck out of the way--I know it will not happen just saying what should happen.
No matter what happens there needs to be a transition. You don't just say "you're CEO" and then bail.

But he needs to name his successor before the end of the year and promote them to COO.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I get your suspicion but I've talked to him about parks and rides nobody cares about and feel like he's a better Bob. Probably the best you can hope for in reality. Just my two cents
The P&R guy is never the ceo. I doubt he would be either

If anything…there should be a Lt that’s P&R now - because it’s the biggest slice of the pie - and the ceo should handle lawyers, Wall Street, Hollywood, etc.

Everyone thinks this guy is great cause he has more personality that the one before

But the parks are still running with bad maintenance, hours design to force upsells and $45 a day to get 2 rides from the genie

The details haven’t changed

Chip Chipperson

Except Iger wasn't CEO for a good portion of those 5 years. Since he returned as CEO in November of 2022, the stock is up 30%, while the Dow is up only 16%.
Also, there was a period of time during that span when even high-yield savings accounts were paying less than 1% because the Fed rate was 0%, so saying you can get a higher rate on a savings account today ignores what rates were during the pandemic.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom