News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's a ridiculous statement. One can have issues with the way Disney is run today while simultaneously realizing that Peltz is the exact opposite of the type of person who needs to be brought in for positive change.
But you’re gonna get more of of the same

That is the reality
Halfway through vacation and I missed 50 pages of this AFTER The Mom cleaned it up. Phew.

I voted for the board based on my more rosy decision engine. I believe Iger's time is done and D'Amaro will be CEO or COO within a year with Iger remaining on the board. But who knows. It's still Bob's board for the foreseeable future
He’s a nothing…I wouldn’t wish for that

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m seeing that Rasulo got around 12%. Well know for sure soon enough.
Axios said “5 to 1”…so that’s more like 16/17?

I mean, a 70-30 vote would be considered a landslide in literally any election.
Not a political election though

If the board and Bob are the “right people”…they shouldht be questioned.

It’s more than I thought…and I pull no punches the board completely sucks…so how did Peltz get more than what I thought?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The stock decline seems to be leveling out at $120...

1712170122990.png

Which is where it was at just 5 days ago...

1712170163589.png

Still a lot better than 6 months ago...

1712170200011.png

Dan Deesnee

That's a ridiculous statement. One can have issues with the way Disney is run today while simultaneously realizing that Peltz is the exact opposite of the type of person who needs to be brought in for positive change.

I politely disagree. If you want things to change, you must make changes. Simple as that.

To say Peltz is the wrong choice is to say you can predict the future.

So I'll leave it at that.

Kamikaze

Not a political election though

If the board and Bob are the “right people”…they shouldht be questioned.

It’s more than I thought…and I pull no punches the board completely sucks…so how did Peltz get more than what I thought?
You're ignoring that it wasn't a vote of Iger v Peltz 1 v 1, it was Peltz v Maria Elena Lagomasino.

So he's going to get a disproportionately high amount of votes because the person's seat he's trying to take is an unknown.

Kamikaze

I politely disagree. If you want things to change, you must make changes. Simple as that.

To say Peltz is the wrong choice is to say you can predict the future.

So I'll leave it at that.
You're wrong. Peltz has a long history of what he does when he gets on a board. Spoiler: It isn't make improvements. You don't need to predict the future to look at past results.

pdude81

But you’re gonna get more of of the same

That is the reality

He’s a nothing…I wouldn’t wish for that
I get your suspicion but I've talked to him about parks and rides nobody cares about and feel like he's a better Bob. Probably the best you can hope for in reality. Just my two cents

Willmark

You're wrong. Peltz has a long history of what he does when he gets on a board. Spoiler: It isn't make improvements. You don't need to predict the future to look at past results.
Building off your thoughts. I’m not tied to one or the other mind you. So with that said? I don’t think this is so much a “win” for Iger as it’s a “loss” for Peltz.

What do I mean?

I don’t think people were looking at Peltz as anything other than a change agent. Those backing Iger a hope perhaps to return to growth fueled by the Marvel train.

No way to predict the future on my part but I’m guessing that ship has sailed. Marvel and SW might have done great historically, remains to be seen which direction they go. In the case of SW? There is a lot riding on the Rey movie after the results of the last two sequels.

Marvel? I expect that Deadpool3 will do well but that doesn’t really tell us much about the state of the MCU; it’s always been its own standalone.

TLDR? 2024 isn’t going to tell us much IMO. They are limiting exposures and costs this year and hoping for better days in 2025. Remains to be seen what happens.

Chip Chipperson

It’ll be interesting to see where it ends at close of day. It’s now down 3% but that may just be Peltz and Co selling off shares.

View attachment 776836
I'd say it's almost certainly Peltz and his pals selling now that they got the message that he's not getting any board seats. It makes no sense for there to be a sell-off in general because an apparently overwhelming majority of shareholders got the outcome they voted for. People voting for Iger and the other board members aren't saying, "Great! Our choices won! Now sell before things get TOO good!" If one was so displeased with either possible outcome that they'd sell anyway, there was no need to wait until after the results were in.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don’t think people were looking at Pletz as anything other than a change agent. Those backing Iger a hope perhaps to return to growth fueled by the Marvel train.

Then maybe Peltz should have looked at his nominations and made better choices... instead of just putting himself in the chair. Because he hurt his mission with his choices instead of championing an actual course change with resources people could get behind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom