News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

BrianLo

Can you not be anti Bobby and and anti Peltz too. It's not an either or. They both need to go and the board as well.

Honestly, it seems most posters here are. The lunacy comes to those who seem to feel the solution to Iger is Peltz. The solution to something you are against isn’t a worse version of it.

What's the worst that can reasonably happen in that regard if Peltz were to win?

I think from your perspective he pushes the board to extend Iger. That is in fact what he is indirectly now saying. It’s not about Iger, it’s more about stability and the mismanaged sudden previous succession planning. He wants a plan, even if that plan is an Iger extension to advise a new CEO in a more controlled manner. One such as Rasulo (which now seems incredibly unlikely if the latter can’t get on the board).

BrianLo

Put the investment on hold for a short while in order to ensure that the money is spent in a way that maximizes shareholder ROI. In other words, still spending it, but ensuring that it is spent responsibly.

Cool, so then you want them to delay investment. Which is exactly why we are where we are and why it is taking so long for parks to start building things. The pencil boys need a 10th look over, particularly from fave Rasulo.

Truly your logic is circular.

Brian

Cool, so then you want them to delay investment. Which is exactly why we are where we are and why it is taking so long for parks to start building things. The pencil boys need a 10th look over, particularly from fave Rasulo.

Truly your logic is circular.
There is no inconsistency in conceding that the investment is delayed while simultaneously insisting upon ensuring good shareholder returns. That doesn't happen overnight. That requires coming in, meeting with the various stakeholders, reviewing the proposals and the numbers associated with them, and much more before being able to be educated enough to reasonably sign off in support or recommend changes.

maxairmike

I think this is the big problem on these threads…it’s not true

Please tell me what the 3rd option is that isn't just a new mask on Iger/Peltz version X.X

You think that Peltz or anyone else that has the money and power to pull off something like this is doing it for essentially altruistic purposes and will truly hand over their control to someone else after they win? There are no more heirs or relatives of Disney left with the desire or passion for the family's namesake company, and money/power to back this kind of action collectively or individually. It's not realistic. There's no Roy E. that is going to come through the proverbial door. There's no one left in the positions of power to affect this level of change that genuinely, honestly cares about the company in that way.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Please tell me what the 3rd option is that isn't just a new mask on Iger/Peltz version X.X

You think that Peltz or anyone else that has the money and power to pull off something like this is doing it for essentially altruistic purposes and will truly hand over their control to someone else after they win? There are no more heirs or relatives of Disney left with the desire or passion for the family's namesake company, and money/power to back this kind of action collectively or individually. It's not realistic. There's no Roy E. that is going to come through the proverbial door. There's no one left in the positions of power to affect this level of change that genuinely, honestly cares about the company in that way.

The shareholders do this:

BrianLo

There is no inconsistency in conceding that the investment is delayed while simultaneously insisting upon ensuring good shareholder returns. That doesn't happen overnight. That requires coming in, meeting with the various stakeholders, reviewing the proposals and the numbers associated with them, and much more before being able to be educated enough to reasonably sign off in support or recommend changes.

The inconsistency is being critical of the process and then doing it anyways. Is it not?

WDW is in a state of delayed and deferred investment because it was already put off by Chapek to evaluate the need, viability and rebound of the industry through the Pandemic.

Meanwhile Comcast ignored the ROI viability of Epic during the instability of a pandemic and did it anyways.

Your optimal scenario is the projects are deemed too expensive and they are sent to be redesigned over 12-18 months. The realistic scenario is they start over again. This again is just asking them to repeat the same pattern. Stop overthinking ROI… build lavish projects and the guests will follow. Stop redesigning and cost cutting things for the 10th time.

lazyboy97o

Except that most of the money is not tied to specifics, something Rasulo absolutely knows. The big thing to be reviewed is the bulk allocations towards things like attractions at existing sites.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The inconsistency is being critical of the process and then doing it anyways. Is it not?

WDW is in a state of delayed and deferred investment because it was already put off by Chapek to evaluate the need, viability and rebound of the industry through the Pandemic.

Meanwhile Comcast ignored the ROI viability of Epic during the instability of a pandemic and did it anyways.

Your optimal scenario is the projects are deemed too expensive and they are sent to be redesigned over 12-18 months. The realistic scenario is they start over again. This again is just asking them to repeat the same pattern. Stop overthinking ROI… build lavish projects and the guests will follow. Stop redesigning and cost cutting things for the 10th time.

So Iger - chapek - iger had to suffer that “horrible” pandemic where business was destroyed and companies like Comcast foolishly went ahead and are still digging out?

Right…money was so tight…

Brian

"LEORY JENKINS"ing your way through $60 billion in investment is borderline criminal in a publicly traded company.

Also, it could very well be the case that all of the $60 billion in investments they have planned will be sufficient to drive positive shareholder ROI, and that has already been deemed to be the case after careful internal analysis, in which case, no intervention is necessary from Peltz and it can move forward in a rather timely fashion.

lazyboy97o

Let’s not overstate Comcast’s bullishness during the pandemic. They’ve bounced back faster but they absolutely decimated Universal Creative and killed projects. Velocicoaster wasn’t in a position to be paused and much of the team cut loose because they had no new projects to take on. Epic Universe was put on pause and had two attractions cut from its opening day lineup. DreamWorks Land was rushed through to do something for this year because bigger projects had been killed and now that area will survive for longer with the same iffy bones.

But yeah, another Blue Sky presentation at D23 is definitely going to inspire investors confidence.

BrianLo

So Iger - chapek - iger had to suffer that “horrible” pandemic where business was destroyed and companies like Comcast foolishly went ahead and are still digging out?

Right…money was so tight…

Sorry, what does this post have to do with anything I was saying?

I just said I agree with Peltz first statement that Investment shouldn’t have been delayed and deferred. You must be confusing me with the other Brian who is also advocating that investment needs to be delayed/deferred again.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry, what does this post have to do with anything I was saying?

I just said I agree with Peltz first statement that Investment shouldn’t have been delayed and deferred. You must be confusing me with the other Brian who is also advocating that investment needs to be delayed/deferred again.
You’re giving license to the mistakes all 3 made in reading the economic conditions…they done screwed it up totally

And by 3 - coward Bob, idiot Bob, unwanted Bob

BrianLo

"LEORY JENKINS"ing your way through $60 billion in investment is borderline criminal in a publicly traded company.

Also, it could very well be the case that all of the $60 billion in investments they have planned will be sufficient to drive positive shareholder ROI, and that has already been deemed to be the case after careful internal analysis, in which case, no intervention is necessary from Peltz and it can move forward in a rather timely fashion.

It has been. That’s exactly Disney’s problem, they notoriously overthink. Peltz’s arrival is at best status quo. At worst it’s reduction.

Honestly I don’t think the worst case scenario is going to be realized. I honestly don’t think Peltz adds a single thing at this juncture. He’ll just reinforce the things they already do wrong, support some of the things I think they do right (which have been adopted). Claim credit for it all (even though it was in process anyways).

The only “added value” is the bad suggestions that I dislike. Things that seem content created related. That I also doubt will occur anyways. So what does he achieve? Best to keep him away.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It has been. That’s exactly Disney’s problem, they notoriously overthink. Peltz’s arrival is at best status quo. At worst it’s reduction.

Honestly I don’t think the worst case scenario is going to be realized. I honestly don’t think Peltz adds a single thing at this juncture. He’ll just reinforce the things they already do wrong, support some of the things I think they do right (which have been adopted). Claim credit for it all (even though it was in process anyways).

The only “added value” is the bad suggestions that I dislike. Things that seem content created related. That I also doubt will occur anyways. So what does he achieve? Best to keep him away.

The perception on Wall Street/Main Street is Disney is in decline and tied up in their own created turmoil/hubris orchestrated by Iger for going on 10 years

And it’s just whacky enough that it is indeed that case

maxairmike

Which was spearheaded by Roy E. Disney, which as I said, isn't happening again. There are two options as I see it, Iger or Peltz. There is no realistic 3rd option (supporting neither and ousting Iger without some opposite stabilizing power) that doesn't result in a faster, more violent version what is almost certain to happen under Peltz (i.e. selling off most or all parts).

BrianLo

Let’s not overstate Comcast’s bullishness during the pandemic. They’ve bounced back faster but they absolutely decimated Universal Creative and killed projects. Velocicoaster wasn’t in a position to be paused and much of the team cut loose because they had no new projects to take on. Epic Universe was put on pause and had two attractions cut from its opening day lineup. DreamWorks Land was rushed through to do something for this year because bigger projects had been killed and now that area will survive for longer with the same iffy bones.

But yeah, another Blue Sky presentation at D23 is definitely going to inspire investors confidence.

I agree with you and love to have the Comcast is perhaps not doing the stellar job they think they are conversation. Or what if Epic misses lofty projections and overruns and we enter a cancellation period in Orlando? Or what if Universal Great Britain starts sucking up all the air in the room? Or what if Epic attractions are sub par? Or what if Disney is expanding and hiring Florida talent as UC enters the typical major post investment phase layoffs… like they are?

But the one track conversation here would lose the plot. 😂

I am all on board for Epic, but time and time again these highs are followed by lows. Maybe Comcast can be the exception?

BrianLo

You’re giving license to the mistakes all 3 made in reading the economic conditions…they done screwed it up totally

And by 3 - coward Bob, idiot Bob, unwanted Bob

No, I’m not. I provided context to the environment and said I clearly disagreed with their decisions now. Particularly in hindsight.

You are talking at me again…

I think you sometimes just have a point you want to make and don’t actually respond to other peoples posts. It’s like you’ve extended my conversation without me and then chime in 5 steps later. We agree so I’m not sure why you are framing it like we don’t?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom