News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

BrianLo

You know he’s desperate to keep his job and can say what he wants, right?
Let’s seen how it plays this time next month?

Cool. So your conspiracy is he is lying in easily verifiable forward looking statements. Ones that will blow up in his face in six weeks? I figured this is where you were going to take this.

Yes, I’m quite happy to hold you to this one, thanks for taking the bait.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Cool. So your conspiracy is he is lying in easily verifiable forward looking statements. Ones that will blow up in his face in six weeks? I figured this is where you were going to take this.

Yes, I’m quite happy to hold you to this one, thanks for taking the bait.
It’s not a conspiracy…it’s that anything on Wall Street is subject to “things change” doctrine.

Disney fans are really clueless to the SEC. That isn’t a “violation”…it’s a financial tactic used every day without batting an eye.

They spin bankruptcies as “positive”

Let’s just see how it goes? Bobs under immense pressure. That last quarterly was PR designed crap and people celebrated it here…until you look at it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Iger will cruise to an easy victory. Business will continue as usual in all areas of TWDC..
Of course he will…now he’s using it to stroke his ego…

Which means all the stuff you love that’s rolled down the tracks the last five years?…get ready for another big, creamy sausage gravy covered helping of it.

I would love to be proven wrong…sign me up and I’ll be here to make the proclamation

BrianLo

It’s not a conspiracy…it’s that anything on Wall Street is subject to “things change” doctrine.

Disney fans are really clueless to the SEC. That isn’t a “violation”…it’s a financial tactic used every day without batting an eye.

They spin bankruptcies as “positive”

Let’s just see how it goes? Bobs under immense pressure. That last quarterly was PR designed crap and people celebrated it here…until you look at it.

By all means. But it was a comment made 65 days into a 91 day quarter about said quarter. Not a lot of leash there.

I’m surprised based on what he is saying about WDW. But they’ve splashed it on their investor page.

And actually Bob has lied before, I know this fully. He lied about SDL’s cost over runs. I’m aware of his ability to mislead. But this would be more flagrant. And really your argument is very precariously placed, I wouldn’t really double down on this one.

Casper Gutman

I can’t imagine how exhausting this must be for you to be so emotionally invested in a catty fight between a bunch of billionaires over the fiscal stewardship of a decreasingly relevant entertainment conglomerate.
I like Disney. I’ve liked it my whole life. I like Marvel and Star Wars and Pixar. I LOVE the parks and I’ve been very sad about the direction they’ve taken for the last decades.

I criticize Disney because I want to see Disney get better. I don’t want to see its deterioration accelerate, which is the best case scenario for a Peltz win. I’m not looking for schadenfreude. I disagree with Iger but I don’t feel he’s spited me personally and I need revenge. I’m not trying to destroy my political enemies.

I’ve never asked another poster this but… if you feel the things in your post, why the heck are you here?

BrianLo

I’ve never asked another poster this but… if you feel the things in your post, why the heck are you here?

1710952713420.jpeg

Tha Realest

I like Disney. I’ve liked it my whole life. I like Marvel and Star Wars and Pixar. I LOVE the parks and I’ve been very sad about the direction they’ve taken for the last decades.

I criticize Disney because I want to see Disney get better. I don’t want to see its deterioration accelerate, which is the best case scenario for a Peltz win. I’m not looking for schadenfreude. I disagree with Iger but I don’t feel he’s spited me personally and I need revenge. I’m not trying to destroy my political enemies.

Love and hoping for the best is one thing.

Casting a proxy battle (which, incidentally, finally spurred the company into taking needed corrective action) as an existential crisis is a highly emotional reaction, and your continued framing of this a Manichrean struggle between absolute good and evil takes on the appearance of a religious fervor.

Dial it down a notch. It’s a bunch of billionaires picking fights that don’t care about ANY of us.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is a lie and you know it’s a lie.
Maybe it is for you…

But I’ve been around the block for decades and drug through the gutter by a deranged alley cat…

…so my own council…will I give…on who is to be trained.

a certain entertainment company did allow me access to their information for a brief time…and you know why? To analyze consumer spending habits and look for ways to steer them. True story.

Last edited:

Casper Gutman

Casting a proxy battle (which, incidentally, finally spurred the company into taking needed corrective action) as an existential crisis is a highly emotional reaction, and your continued framing of this a Manichrean struggle between absolute good and evil takes on the appearance of a religious fervor.

Dial it down a notch. It’s a bunch of billionaires picking fights that don’t care about ANY of us.
Does it occur to you that perhaps all these unlikely folks voicing support for Iger despite their distaste for him… the near unanimity of voices from Wall Street and the entertainment industry… is because this fight does have, at least potentially, existential ramifications?

I know we all love our normalcy bias… nothing ever really changes and history never actually happens. But maybe that’s clouding our vision a bit?

And no one here… absolutely NO ONE… is casting Iger as “absolute good.” Almost every poster advocating for him here has spent YEARS on this board criticizing him. That doesn’t change the fact that right now, in this fight, he’s the much better option.

lazyboy97o

Two other parks are co-owned. Yes they make half money off them, but they were also previously half in the hole for Hong Kong. Then we’ve got to sprinkle in DCL… which is niche, but not completely immaterial.
Disney actually gets more than half. Disney’s cut of profits from the joint ventures comes after the joint venture has paid expenses to Disney for things like licensing, design and operations.

Casper Gutman

Maybe it is for you…

But I’ve been around the block for decades and drug through the gutter by a deranged alley cat…

…so my own council…will I give…on who is to be trained.

a certain entertainment company did allow me access to their information for a brief time…and you know why? To analyze consumer spending habits and look for ways to steer them. True story.
This is a small board. For the most part, we recognize one another’s posting style and opinions. You know that most of your opponents in this discussion have been on here for years criticizing almost every move Iger has made in the Florida parks in cutting, insightful ways. In fact, that’s why they’re here - this board is unique for being quite critical of Disney. Yet you feel the need to consistently mischaracterize them, to dismiss them because they are capable of nuance and don’t share your blind rage. At the very least you need to cut that out. If you wanted to go a step further, you might consider why informed posters who have been on “your side” for years are now telling you you’re way off base.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

…I mean…close the thread…

Nobody can beat Manchurian 😂

And how did that come about? The boards
The faux imagineer/“I know people”/podcaster types heard “jay Rasulo” and went bezerk with superfluidity

…also the same types that don’t get D’Amaro is the same type from central casting

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Did you make that spreadsheet or find it somewhere? If you made it, your commitment is impressive.
I've been keeping track over the years.

All in response to posts that "nobody liked Film X!"

And Film X actually made money and got good reviews.

Data is good.

And certain people made fun of my charts... until a film actually didn't do well, and all of a sudden, look who's quoting stats....

;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is a small board. For the most part, we recognize one another’s posting style and opinions. You know that most of your opponents in this discussion have been on here for years criticizing almost every move Iger has made in the Florida parks in cutting, insightful ways. In fact, that’s why they’re here - this board is unique for being quite critical of Disney. Yet you feel the need to consistently mischaracterize them, to dismiss them because they are capable of nuance and don’t share your blind rage. At the very least you need to cut that out. If you wanted to go a step further, you might consider why informed posters who have been on “your side” for years are now telling you you’re way off base.
They’ll criticize it…to the point it ends at the “safe space” of not disrupting the way things are done.’

Y’all need a shove

It’s not “keep bob or the thing is dismantled and sold for scrap parts”

That’s the goal lines…it misses the entire field in the middle

People are caught up on what they think trian is…not the reason they’re involved and what it represents

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom