News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

SamusAranX

What is with this insane level of desperation??

“Disney is actually being smart by not expanding. they can then focus on their reskins! Universal building EU is bad because they won’t be focusing on USO right now! And 12 attractions? Psssh. That’s totally not enough for a theme park. Well, it’s enough for HS and AK and Epcot but that’s besides the point! Also one of those attractions is too short! Disney would never! Except Tron, but Tron is great!”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
“Disney is actually being smart by not expanding. they can then focus on their reskins! Universal building EU is bad because they won’t be focusing on USO right now! And 12 attractions? Psssh. That’s totally not enough for a theme park. Well, it’s enough for HS and AK and Epcot but that’s besides the point! Also one of those attractions is too short! Disney would never! Except Tron, but Tron is great!”
Excuses always look stupid in print 🖨️

Trauma

So an entire new theme park or a salt hill reskin.

I’m really going to have to think hard on this one.

Ohh I know what I was forgetting!!

Disney is offering increased prices for a deteriorating experience in almost every possible metric.

That sounds kinda great doesn’t it ?

Casper Gutman

Universal is currently slashing costs with a fervor that would make Chapek blush and their latest additions, Minion Blast and Dreamworks Land, are cost-cut garbage. Minions Cafe is great and EU looks incredibly well-themed if underbuilt, but let’s stop pretending we’re comparing Disney to Universal six years ago. Both are being harmed by the exact same corporate culture.

AndyS2992

Bob lacks any kind of vision for the future it seems, everything announced these days are sequels, reboots, remakes, rethemes, cost cutting. The entire Disney company is just coasting along with no clear direction, purpose or goal. I don't know what the other potential candidates are like but Bob needs to go, he has long since out stayed his welcome. And as above, he's constantly off loading his shares, seems even he has no faith in the company's future.

Casper Gutman

Bob lacks any kind of vision for the future it seems, everything announced these days are sequels, reboots, remakes, rethemes, cost cutting. The entire Disney company is just coasting along with no clear direction, purpose or goal. I don't know what the other potential candidates are like but Bob needs to go, he has long since out stayed his welcome. And as above, he's constantly off loading his shares, seems even he has no faith in the company's future.
Every single studio in Hollywood relies on “sequels, reboots, remakes.” Until 2023, Disney just did that much, much better then any other entertainment company.

How about someone try and actually advocate FOR Trian or Blackwell based on their history and proposals?

JMcMahonEsq

Bob lacks vision? While I can't comment on everyone one of his decisions, EVERYONE in hollywood right now is putting out sequels, reboots, or remakes, and for good reason...that is what is selling.

Take a look at the top grossing movies of 2023, other than Oppenheimer and Sound of Freedom, they are ALL sequels or reboots/remakes. 2022....same thing. That is what people are watching right now. You can complain about some of Bob's decisions I am sure, but keeping with what is commercially selling right now in movies isn't one of them.

flynnibus

Premium Member
in 2023 WDW studios had 4 out of the top 12 highest grossing movies. in 2022 same, including the 2nd and 3rd. in 2021, 6 out of the top 16. What studio do you think is doing better than that?
Nice moral victories - but if you are not making money or at the percentages you expect for ROI... its still a problem.

Disstevefan1

in 2023 WDW studios had 4 out of the top 12 highest grossing movies. in 2022 same, including the 2nd and 3rd. in 2021, 6 out of the top 16. What studio do you think is doing better than that?
Universal Pictures beat Disney as the highest-grossing studio at the 2023 box office, AND I think Universal made ROI in 2023 unlike Disney who lost a LOT of money to bring their movies to the theater.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Are you unaware of Disney’s box office record prior to 2023, or are you making some sort of point?
I'm acutely aware of Disney's box office record and what titles are making money. Look at the number of original titles before and after 2014. That's the year remakes/sequels/live action crap really took off. Sequels certainly occurred before then, but there was much more original content being leaned on before 2014 than after. I can name a dozen original movies from the early 2000's to 2013 that were big (or really big) for Disney in various ways. What were the big original titles after that? Coco, Moana, Encanto. Lesser hits with Elemental, Soul, and Luca (all of which were very good and the latter two deserved a better fate than what $lappie doomed them to). When is the next non-sequel/remake being released? June 2025.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Universal is currently slashing costs with a fervor that would make Chapek blush and their latest additions, Minion Blast and Dreamworks Land, are cost-cut garbage. Minions Cafe is great and EU looks incredibly well-themed if underbuilt, but let’s stop pretending we’re comparing Disney to Universal six years ago. Both are being harmed by the exact same corporate culture.
Are they building anything to offset that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom