News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

Disstevefan1

1709334859970.png

Look on the bright side. Disney making less content means less theme park profits
thrown in the trash can.

Casper Gutman

Are they building anything to offset that?
That never shut you up when Disney was building Star Wars Land or Avatar Land or other additions. It didn’t shut me up either. And it shouldn’t. New construction doesn’t excuse the dramatic decline in quality of what already exists. That’s true at Disney and it’s true at Uni.

Jrb1979

That never shut you up when Disney was building Star Wars Land or Avatar Land or other additions. It didn’t shut me up either. And it shouldn’t. New construction doesn’t excuse the dramatic decline in quality of what already exists. That’s true at Disney and it’s true at Uni.
For Universal I give them the benefit of the doubt as they are building a whole new park. If it was just a land I would be hard on them too. I do get where you're coming from. The new Minion ride is filler and not good. The Studios park needs lots of work. After next year I can see them working on it if Epic does as well as expected.

Where I give Universal credit, even if the ride isn't great, it at least fits where they put it. Lately Disney has no rhyme or reason on where an attraction goes.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Really? Check my join date…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ah OK, so hit profitability finally on DTC and then slow down how much content to make for it which will prompt people to stop subscribing. Great Plan Bob
That’s their big gamble…the blue ocean nonsense…

All the streaming services lag when they don’t crank out new content…but Bob says the label only matters…so why not save the cost of content?

It’s so stupid…it’s actually what they sold themselves

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
two years before Star Wars Land opened and a few months after Avatar?
That didn’t cover the construction period

1. I love avatar…a fine addition (which is an actual addition)
2. I was very optimistic about Abrams land (I made an obvious mistake in retrospect)
…so I went to the one in Anaheim when there was one…then I went in Orlando

Now I’ve bypassed them on several trips.

Well built…but it turns out if the imagination says “meh”…the body follows

And galactic catastrophe reinforces that take

BrianLo

Reminder that Peacock is currently the poorest performing studio streamer in the room, by a wide margin.

Quizzically that's never mentioned. They also have likely the hardest slog to profitability.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Reminder that Peacock is currently the poorest performing studio streamer in the room, by a wide margin.

Quizzically that's never mentioned. They also have likely the hardest slog to profitability.
Quizzically it is a bad service that they were very late to the party and haven’t done enough for…
No excuses for Comcast…if they wanted them which I’m not sure they do?

BrianLo

Quizzically it is a bad service that they were very late to the party and haven’t done enough for…
No excuses for Comcast…if they wanted them which I’m not sure they do?

I assume there will be some sort of consolidation on that end. Peacock and Paramount and maybe even Max. They (Peacock) just don't have the subscriber count to ratchet down content to make it profitable, nor the subscriber count to boil to actually pay for the content they have.

I think there was a very logical rational Bob had about running a 'very lean' service with 60-90 million subscribers, as was his original plan. 30 million on the other hand is just going to be a non-existent service soon enough.

200+ million and you can have yourself a Netflix kitchen sink like Chapek wanted.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I assume there will be some sort of consolidation on that end. Peacock and Paramount and maybe even Max. They (Peacock) just don't have the subscriber count to ratchet down content to make it profitable, nor the subscriber count to boil to actually pay for the content they have.

I think there was a very logical rational Bob had about running a 'very lean' service with 60-90 million subscribers, as was his original plan. 30 million on the other hand is just going to be a non-existent service soon enough.

200+ million and you can have yourself a Netflix kitchen sink like Chapek wanted.

Well if that’s their thought…they’re backward

Content will drive subscribers…you don’t create it only after you have subscriber money

And service that doesn’t churn out content will bleed subscribers and money

It’s just the basic reality.

And I know - we live here outside of reality…where we have parks that they just jack prices while trying not to provide any justification. To the point we all accept it and they dont even bother trying to excuse it

World gone mad

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom