News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They will. They didn't have the cash on hand to do it now. That will change in October of this year now that Hulu is bought out and DTC will be profitable.

Four years ago, Iger said DTC will be top priority. We got what he promised.

But you've said repeatedly that Disney has plenty of cash on hand. Now they have to wait until October?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
But you've said repeatedly that Disney has plenty of cash on hand. Now they have to wait until October?
Cash on hand to buy out Hulu and to weather DTC's continuing investment.

When did I say they have the cash to make that $60B investment in parks now? I've repeatedly repeated what Disney has said: That that $60B will be in the back half of the upcoming decade.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Cash on hand to buy out Hulu and to weather DTC's continuing investment.

When did I say they have the cash to make that $60B investment in parks now? I've repeatedly repeated what Disney has said: That that $60B will be in the back half of the upcoming decade.
after Iger has gone and those plans have changed?

Touchdown

And the new park, while it looks fantastic, is underbuilt.
How in the world is it underbuilt? The park is opening with 5 roller coasters, 3 E ticket dark rides, at least one large special effects show, a night show, and 2 flat rides. 12 attractions, last I checked, that’s Animal Kingdom today. You have to go back to Epcot to see a park open in this country with more attractions.

JD80

How in the world is it underbuilt? The park is opening with 5 roller coasters, 3 E ticket dark rides, at least one large special effects show, a night show, and 2 flat rides. 12 attractions, last I checked, that’s Animal Kingdom today. You have to go back to Epcot to see a park open in this country with more attractions.

People will be screaming capacity in 6 months.

TalkingHead

How in the world is it underbuilt? The park is opening with 5 roller coasters, 3 E ticket dark rides, at least one large special effects show, a night show, and 2 flat rides.
When you boil it down, there are 3 dark rides and 2-3 coasters that will appeal to the 18+ demo. Could easily envision it taking all day to do those six rides. Does seem like wait times are going to be an issue especially until an expansion occurs.

Tha Realest

It's missing...
  • Country Bear Musical Jamboree
  • The Cake Bake Shop
  • DL gets an updated and less flammable Fantasmic!
  • Reopening of a refreshed Little Mermaid show
  • Star Wars Outlaws
  • Zootopia replacing Tough to be a Bug
  • DINOSAUR revamping into Indiana Jones
  • Test Track refresh
  • Pirate's lounge
  • Vague Blue Sky stuff.
“Umm…You forgot the Cake Bake Shop!” 😂

Yeah, so has the GC and all the subs.

Lilofan

When you boil it down, there are 3 dark rides and 2-3 coasters that will appeal to the 18+ demo. Could easily envision it taking all day to do those six rides. Does seem like wait times are going to be an issue especially until an expansion occurs.
It may take all day to include standing in line for the bathroom , to buy merchandise , fast food , beer , etc.

UNCgolf

What's the third E ticket dark ride? Ministry of Magic, monsters, and...?

There isn't another one that I know of, unless you're claiming Mario Kart -- but it's a D ticket at best. It has some nice sets but it relies heavily on the AR and it's not very good or interesting (and also kind of distracts from/covers up those sets). It's also misnamed as Mario Kart, because it's not that much like the games, but that's a separate issue -- it's closer to a shooting gallery.

Last edited:

Touchdown

What's the third E ticket dark ride? Ministry of Magic, monsters, and...?

There isn't another one that I know of, unless you're claiming Mario Kart -- but it's a D ticket at best. It has some nice sets but way too many screens and the AR stuff isn't good. It's also misnamed as Mario Kart, because it's really nothing like the games, but that's a separate issue.
It’s Mariokart, you know the thing that has 1+ hour waits at USH every day to this day.

UNCgolf

It’s Mariokart, you know the thing that has 1+ hour waits at USH every day to this day.

If that's your sole basis then Na'vi River Journey and Peter Pan are E tickets. It's also not like USH has a ton of attractions (or very many good ones).

That said, I'm sure it will be popular at Epic Universe too. That still doesn't make it an E ticket though.

Last edited:

Casper Gutman

4 coasters, one of which is about 55 seconds. Dragons lacks an anchor attraction. Monsters and Potter each have only two attractions, with Potter having only one ride. AK and MGM were famously underbuilt at opening (and, frankly, both remain underbuilt today). This will be the same. The theming will be absolutely fantastic, and that’s mainly what I care about, and many of the rides are exciting. That doesn’t mean Uni isn’t demonstrating the same corporate culture as Disney.

Jrb1979

4 coasters, one of which is about 55 seconds. Dragons lacks an anchor attraction. Monsters and Potter each have only two attractions, with Potter having only one ride. AK and MGM were famously underbuilt at opening (and, frankly, both remain underbuilt today). This will be the same. The theming will be absolutely fantastic, and that’s mainly what I care about, and many of the rides are exciting. That doesn’t mean Uni isn’t demonstrating the same corporate culture as Disney.
Difference is I have more faith in Universal expanding the park. Unlike Disney right now.

I will add I've never seen a fanbase so obsessed with length of a ride. One of my favorite rides was only 17 seconds long but it packed a punch

Lilofan

Difference is I have more faith in Universal expanding the park. Unlike Disney right now.

I will add I've never seen a fanbase so obsessed with length of a ride. One of my favorite rides was only 17 seconds long but it packed a punch
One free fall experience that I still don't have any desire to experience because I'm petrified is Blizzard Beach Summit Plummet that takes just seconds to fall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom