News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

Lilofan

Yesterday, people were offering their condolences in remembrance of Dick Nunis.

Today people are cringing at hearing the name Jay Rasulo brought up again.

You couldn't find a more conflicting philosophy about how to run the parks than comparing these two.
Did Rasulo already spend his net worth in all these years after he quit Disney and now wants to get a paying job?

Dranth

Those aren’t really convincing arguments. Iger doesn’t have any more fondness for the parks than the alternatives.
That's fine, so let me ask you this, what does bringing in Peltz accomplish?

At his other stops he has managed to push through significant budget cuts, sell off assets, and increased stock buy backs. That's great for stock holders short-term but does nothing to address long term issues and actively hurts spending on things customers/fans want. Even more so in an entertainment company like Disney. Doesn't sound like a great fit on that front.

Is it just that he will get rid of Iger? If so, I believe that is short sighted. By the time Peltz got on the board and managed to amass enough sway to do anything other than run his mouth, Iger will already be gone. That will leave the new CEO with at least part of their board trying to suppress investment and pump the stock at all cost. I would prefer a new CEO to step into a relatively intact Disney with the current board that has shown they are willing to spend money. The gamble is that the new CEO will spend it better/wiser than Iger has.

Let's throw all his history aside real quick and assume this time is different and Peltz legit cares about the customer. He really wants to fix the problems we all have with Disney currently. Great, but the fact that he just nominated one of the worst and most disliked guys by park fans tells me all I need to know about how well any plans of Peltz will turn out and just how poorly he understands the business.

In the Parks
No
Ok so Rasulo had the bad idea to put in meet-and-greets...AND? I'm not defending him, I'm just asking someone to tell me why having him on the board is a bad idea. Don't we want a counter-balance to Iger? I don't trust Iger to fix the company. That doesn't mean I trust Rasulo, but I still haven't heard an explanation as to why he is SO bad.

Dranth

The argument is -- shareholder representation outside of the sphere of influence of Iger.
Great. As a stock holder, that is something I agree with and makes perfect sense but from a fans perspective, Peltz and Rasulo are the proverbial monkey paw curling.

Stripes

Rasulo is nothing more than a figurehead to address Disney’s criticism that Peltz has zero experience with a large media company.

Peltz doesn’t care about getting Rasulo on the board. He just wanted to counter some of the criticism Disney attacked him with last time.

denyuntilcaught

If you have ever had a face to face interaction with the Head of DEI of a fortune 500 company in discussions of hiring/recruiting practices, they plainly state that a POC of inferior credentials is the preferred hire.

Since the term POC can infer race based hiring practices, POC has been morphed into the opressed/oppressor binary. Makes it a little more palatable.
This is quite untrue.

Also didn't know DEI professionals were a monolithic group.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Not rhetorical, what’s worse than Iger?

For starters?

bc.png

Rasulo shouldn't come within a lightyear of Disney's BoD. He's a truly awful penny-pinching nitwit. "Disney Parks" was his brainchild, what does that tell you?

TalkingHead

How about we keep all those things but cut maintenance even further, don’t build anything new, and close resorts to raise occupancy elsewhere?
What Iger hath wrought. Most of that list describes various phases of his tenure.
For starters?

View attachment 758889

Rasulo shouldn't come within a lightyear of Disney's BoD. He's a truly awful penny-pinching nitwit. "Disney Parks" was his brainchild, what does that tell you?
You mean synergistic ideas that Iger never reversed because it all comes from the same bland corporate mindset?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom