News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

Dranth

Not rhetorical, what’s worse than Iger? At some point you have to accept the company is on a trajectory that doesn’t depend on specific management personalities.
Peltz.

Iger can go and I doubt many here will shed any tears at this point, but you can't replace him with someone who's beholden to a guy whose entire business strategy is finding undervalued companies so he can go in and sell off the parts for profit leaving a gutted shell of a company that he then claims is in great shape.

ToTBellHop

No one who cares about the parks should want Peltz and Rasulo in the room. At least Iger still wants to spend money on the parks. We’ve seen what Rasulo wants.

Staggs is fine but no spring chicken. He will turn 65 in 2026. I think they need someone closer to 50 who can learn the ropes and stay as CEO for many years. Staggs would become CEO and then immediately start a 7-year search for a successor.

Last edited:

TalkingHead

Peltz, or anyone he would want in charge.

Peltz.

Iger can go and I doubt many here will shed any tears at this point, but you can't replace him with someone who's beholden to a guy whose entire business strategy is finding undervalued companies so he can go in and sell off the parts for profit leaving a gutted shell of a company that he then claims is in great shape.
Those aren’t really convincing arguments. Iger doesn’t have any more fondness for the parks than the alternatives.

Lilofan

No one who cares about the parks should want Peltz and Rasulo in the room. At least Iger still wants to spend money on the parks. We’ve seen what Rasulo wants.

Staggs is fine but no spring chicken. He will turn 65 in 2026. I think they need someone closer to 50 who can learn the ropes and stay as CEO for many years. Staggs would become CEO and then immediately start a 7-year search for a successor.
Staggs a health and fitness freak looks a lot younger than his age. In regards to 72 year old Iger, he works out daily in his home gym on his Versa climber for 45 min at 430am. Many I know can't even last 5 min on the Versa.

ToTBellHop

Staggs a health and fitness freak looks a lot younger than his age. In regards to 72 year old Iger, he works out daily in his home gym on his Versa climber for 45 min at 430am. Many I know can't even last 5 min on the Versa.
And yet, at some point, one retires. If you have enough money, you are blessed to retire while still healthy enough to do the things you want.

Animaniac93-98

89dlpr.jpg

Lilofan

And yet, at some point, one retires. If you have enough money, you are blessed to retire while still healthy enough to do the things you want.
Some like my CEO are driven to work and produce results regardless on their net worth. Some thrive on having power and influence. It is not for everyone.

Robbiem

I think Iger looks awful when I’ve seen him recently. His unshaved haggered look and dress sense don’t suit him at all IMO. He has aged about 20 years since he retired

Nubs70

Where are the principles that say this?
If you have ever had a face to face interaction with the Head of DEI of a fortune 500 company in discussions of hiring/recruiting practices, they plainly state that a POC of inferior credentials is the preferred hire.

Since the term POC can infer race based hiring practices, POC has been morphed into the opressed/oppressor binary. Makes it a little more palatable.

In the Parks
No
We may disagree on WHAT he spends on, but Iger has dumped a fortune into the parks. I think some of us forget what parks investment looked like under Rasulo.
Could you please explain what is SO bad about Rasulo? I'm sincerely asking. I don't necessarily see him as worse than Iger, but I wasn't really plugged into his tenure in parks, which ended when I was 12. So please explain.

Also, why is everyone thinking that Peltz/Rasulo are going to be the new heads of Disney? Isn't this just for a spot on the board? I doubt anyone could destroy the company with one seat on the board.

lazyboy97o

Could you please explain what is SO bad about Rasulo? I'm sincerely asking. I don't necessarily see him as worse than Iger, but I wasn't really plugged into his tenure in parks, which ended when I was 12. So please explain.

Also, why is everyone thinking that Peltz/Rasulo are going to be the new heads of Disney? Isn't this just for a spot on the board? I doubt anyone could destroy the company with one seat on the board.
Do you think a giant, low capacity meet and greet complex would have been a better use of space and money than even the much smaller versions of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train that was actually built?

You can sometimes learn about who people are based on the company they keep. Perlmutter and Rasulo are not known as stewards of great, well funded storytelling.

hopemax

Yesterday, people were offering their condolences in remembrance of Dick Nunis.

Today people are cringing at hearing the name Jay Rasulo brought up again.

You couldn't find a more conflicting philosophy about how to run the parks than comparing these two.
Go to France for a week and a half and it’s amazing what you come back to! I have whiplash.

_caleb

If you have ever had a face to face interaction with the Head of DEI of a fortune 500 company in discussions of hiring/recruiting practices, they plainly state that a POC of inferior credentials is the preferred hire.

Since the term POC can infer race based hiring practices, POC has been morphed into the opressed/oppressor binary. Makes it a little more palatable.
You misunderstand. They do not state "a person of color of inferior credentials is the preferred hire." They say we should consider that maybe the credentials attached to a job might perpetuate inequality and may not actually be requirements for quality output from a staff member, so let's look beyond those who organically respond to a job posting written without consideration for deeper implications or effects.

Your translation of the term "person of color" to "oppressed/oppressor binary" shows that you're missing some key insights.

TalkingHead

We may disagree on WHAT he spends on, but Iger has dumped a fortune into the parks. I think some of us forget what parks investment looked like under Rasulo.
Under Iger, the game plan is consistent price increases, shorter hours, double-selling admission to the parks AM/PM, selling line cutting privileges. Disney fans are kinda funny thinking a replacement is going to be any worse.

ToTBellHop

Under Iger, the game plan is consistent price increases, shorter hours, double-selling admission to the parks AM/PM, selling line cutting privileges. Disney fans are kinda funny thinking a replacement is going to be any worse.
How about we keep all those things but cut maintenance even further, don’t build anything new, and close resorts to raise occupancy elsewhere?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom