The Universal Rumors thread

erider

So we have a lot of rumors flying around for the next Universal attractions after HP phase 2. The Lorax ride in IOA, Kong in IOA, Jurassic Park coaster in IOA...
On which one will they start construction first? Because besides HP and the games in Jurassic Park I don't think any of these rumored rides have started construction yet. Seems a bit ambitious to me to have construction going on in IOA on three rides all at the same time.

SirLink

So we have a lot of rumors flying around for the next Universal attractions after HP phase 2. The Lorax ride in IOA, Kong in IOA, Jurassic Park coaster in IOA...
On which one will they start construction first? Because besides HP and the games in Jurassic Park I don't think any of these rumored rides have started construction yet. Seems a bit ambitious to me to have construction going on in IOA on three rides all at the same time.

That doesn't seem ambitious to me - more like the sooner you have it open the sooner you get guests to open up their wallets more. This is what Disney should be doing multiple attraction construction projects in all of their parks.

Last edited:

misterID

Seems a bit ambitious to me to have construction going on in IOA on three rides all at the same time.

That's the way the OLC does it with their Disney parks. When they decide to expand, they don't mess around.

HTF

I'll put it this way - don't expect to see the current plan built.

Ok, can you answer this? Are you referring to plans pitched in Q4 last year or Q2 this year? Or are you simply implying that because of the budget you have seen you don't think what I've mentioned is possible? Or is it due to me withholding the cost cutting features of scene 4a, 4b, and all of scene 5? I've seen a budget that's healthy enough to accomplish what was pitched with the changes to the scenes I've listed already. A little help here maybe? I of all people understand if you can't answer, it's more of a way to better communicate where I stand... Message me if needed, you know where to find me. ;)

HTF

Look at UNI Osaka's progress on their Wizarding World. Perhaps this is a good first look at what USH is getting? @HTF?

Osaka and HW are pretty much identical minus a change in the layout. I'm really curious to see if they make the Osaka FJ in 3D though, as it's been brought up. Hell one if the first FJ concepts here in Orlando was 3D but couldn't figure out what to do with those glasses. Time will tell, kids coaster should be going up in December btw.

cheezbat

Osaka and HW are pretty much identical minus a change in the layout. I'm really curious to see if they make the Osaka FJ in 3D though, as it's been brought up. Hell one if the first FJ concepts here in Orlando was 3D but couldn't figure out what to do with those glasses. Time will tell, kids coaster should be going up in December btw.
Man I'm glad they didn't make our Forbidden Journey 3-D. I think that would cause even more motion sickness problems as well as many broken or lost glasses.

So USJ is getting FJ and a kiddie coaster...what else? And what is the actual Potter plan for USH?

AndyMagic

On which one will they start construction first?

I'm replying to this post only in the hopes someone will answer. Are all three of these attractions still on the immediate horizon? If so, which comes first? I would be devastated if the Jurassic Park Amber Mine was cut.

HTF

Man I'm glad they didn't make our Forbidden Journey 3-D. I think that would cause even more motion sickness problems as well as many broken or lost glasses.

So USJ is getting FJ and a kiddie coaster...what else? And what is the actual Potter plan for USH?

I'm not on the same level of knowledge for the parks outside of Orlando, I probably know more about Universal Dubai and Moscow then I do Osaka, HW, and Singapore. I will say for certain that both Osaka and HW are getting the FJ, a vekoma roller skater, and an expanded Hogsmeade with more shops. They are also getting the expanded Ollivanders with 3 showrooms.

HTF

I'm replying to this post only in the hopes someone will answer. Are all three of these attractions still on the immediate horizon? If so, which comes first? I would be devastated if the Jurassic Park Amber Mine was cut.

I will say this, starting in 2014 Islands of Adventure begins its expansion plan. Its literally going to be an arms race between the Studios and IOA for the rest of the decade.

the.dreamfinder

I will say this, starting in 2014 Islands of Adventure begins its expansion plan. Its literally going to be an arms race between the Studios and IOA for the rest of the decade.
Meanwhile at WDW...
Bugs-Wallpapers.jpg

the.dreamfinder

I'm not on the same level of knowledge for the parks outside of Orlando, I probably know more about Universal Dubai and Moscow then I do Osaka, HW, and Singapore. I will say for certain that both Osaka and HW are getting the FJ, a vekoma roller skater, and an expanded Hogsmeade with more shops. They are also getting the expanded Ollivanders with 3 showrooms.
Could you tell us about UNI Dubai please?

HTF

Could you tell us about UNI Dubai please?

The entire project isn't dead but it's weak. There have been numerous revisions, changes, and cancellations to this entire park. Their is a better chance of Moscow, Korea, or China happening than Dubai.

Fun Fact! The Revenge of the Mummy attraction in Singapore was actually designed for Dubai. Once cancelled they altered the location of the station and loading dock in order to fit it on the spot they wanted in Singapore. Their were also a few changes to the narrative of the story from Dubai to Singapore but I'm not at liberty to discuss what type of changes lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom