Trip Report The Two Goofs Holiday Special!- Now with February updates!

Hello again my friends. We’ve just returned from our short, action packed, trip to the world. We had the hap hap happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap danced with Danny fu- oh wait, wrong thread! Anyways we had a great trip!

When: December 6-9

Where: Grand Floridian

Why: Because we wanted to, and we were celebrating six years of wedded bliss!

Who: Myself and my wife, A.

64631807-56D7-4476-966B-D76A90099108.jpeg

Featuring appearances by Bucky the popcorn bucket, The Orange Bird backpack, Chewbacca, Scrooge McDuck, Whoopi Goldberg, Creepy dancing reindeer, Sant Claus, @Nunu, and many more!

So just sit back, relax, and maybe try to stay warm if it’s -4 degrees outside(looking at you @ajrwdwgirl!).

Travel Day/ Day 1. December 5-6.

I had been working nights all week and A works during the day, so we didn’t get to spend any time together this entire week. This isn’t unusual for us, but it did make packing a bit tricky, as we had trouble keeping up with what was in which suitcase. Also being a man, I didn’t actually pack my suitcase until about an hour before we hit the road!

We handled a few errands at home and were westbound on the interstate by about 6:30 that evening.

37C0FE77-8BA3-4E0C-B0BA-14E7E84738F5.jpeg

Our usual rest stop on the way to Dallas. Anyone who’s ever visited one will know why, it’s like the Disney World of gas stations! 🤣 It’s hard to tell from this photo, but that store is around 60,000 square feet of pristine clean awesomeness! It has 84 gas pumps and over 70 restroom stalls!

Anyways, we arrived at our good friends’ place on the outskirts of Dallas at around 8:30. We were sleeping here for the night to avoid leaving our house in the middle of the night,or paying for a hotel near the airport. We quickly went to bed for a few hours rest, and were up and ready to head to the airport around 4 the next morning.

We got dropped off at the airport around 430 for our 6 am flight. Normally this would leave plenty of time for a nap in the terminal, but for some reason security at Love field this day was SLOW! First they stopped the line to bring in the dog, but then when the dog arrived, they only let people through 2 at a time. We ended up being in line for nearly an hour. Fortunately we still had time to grab a bite at whataburger for breakfast, and catch a small nap at the gate.

Our plane boarded on time, and we were in the air a little ahead of schedule. We had the smoothest, fastest flight we’ve ever had to Orlando. With a strong tailwind, the flight tracker showed ground speeds of nearly 700 mph! We were at the gate an hour and 40 minutes after takeoff. Our chief flight attendant was the absolute best we’ve ever seen. He was a huge Disney nut and was super pumped to be working the Orlando flight(he even wore his ears), his safety spiel was hilarious, and as we taxied the runway at MCO he played a little Disney trivia with everyone. When he gave his farewell message, people were literally screaming and cheering for him!

FC4E6D7B-D380-410B-9349-87F307C175E1.jpeg

This was painfully accurate today, but we didn’t mind too much!

We were the last stop on the magical express, but we finally made it to the grand a little before 11 AM!

6511DEBE-F011-450D-B2B2-39318B7DBD92.jpeg

The lobby is absolutely beautiful this time of the year!

29E43EAF-3E02-4C33-A188-09770BBCC956.jpeg

The gingerbread house is really incredible to see! This was my favorite of all the special lobby decorations that we saw!

7BED6CF0-3234-4679-8CF9-925C1981E4BD.jpeg

We grabbed a snack and headed outside to enjoy it.

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Thank YOU for sharing 😀 - I’ve had fun with your TRs.
I’m glad you have had fun. I always appreciate your participation and input!
Thank you for another great TR, can't wait for the next one, soon, I hope!
I'm so happy that we got to meet you and A on this trip, and hope we get the chance to spend fun times together, again! :joyfull:
I’m so happy we got to meet! I have a feeling our paths will cross again some day!
Thanks for sharing your wonderful TR! I also enjoyed reading your recap above; I thought it was balanced with both good points, as well as some items that needed additional attentionm to bring up to specs.

Wishing you and your wife a very Happy New Year! :happy:
Thank you for reading! Happy new year to you as well!
💩
Sorry I couldn't resist.
I have loved reading all your TR’s and I feel like I know you! (No free beer here just so you know).
Thank you for taking the time and sharing!!!
I hope we have trip overlap in the new year. Any plans as of yet?
Thank you for reading, and for your input. I feel like I know you already too! Our sense of humor seems to be very similar(I chuckled while typing about our Pooh ride)! I’m ever hopeful we will get a chance to meet sometime this next year. Right now the plans I have are feb 19-22 at WDW July 17-19 at Disneyland, and October 8-11 back at WDW. We also plan on being at WDW the first week of December, but don’t have exact dates yet. No long trips planned next year. Our big vacation will be to California, culminating with our time at DLR.
Thanks for sharing this and all of your other 2019 TRs with us!

Also congrats on the DVC!
Thank you! Looking forward to reading about your next trip! I hate that we will miss you by such a short time!
So glad you’ve become a regular in the Trip Reports section! I really enjoy all your observations and comments. Perhaps we’ll have an encounter in 2020?
I’m so glad to be active here. Reading your reports has helped me get through many long days. I hope mine can do the same for someone else. I hope we can have an encounter in 2020, I would love to secure the coveted Tuvalu card!
Loved all of your reports! You guys look super fun, so maybe our paths will cross in the world one day!
Thanks for reading! I’ll try to do better about sharing dates with everyone! I love meeting new people!
Really enjoyed your report and wrap up. Looking forward to more virtual touring with you in 2020.
Glad you enjoyed! I’m looking forward to sharing all of our adventures with you!
Your reports are fun and heartfelt! I enjoy reading them and enjoy the great photos. It makes our wait for the next 2 months seem shorter!

Happy New Year!
I’m glad you’ve enjoyed the TRs! Happy new year to you as well! Those two months will be gone before you know it

Ceejayzvan

In the Parks
No
Really enjoyed your trip report! You and A are such a cute couple. I was reading one of your older reports and wondered where in Batuu you did the photo that looks down on you and A standing back to back?

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Really enjoyed your trip report! You and A are such a cute couple. I was reading one of your older reports and wondered where in Batuu you did the photo that looks down on you and A standing back to back?
Thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed. Welcome to the boards! The picture from galaxy’s edge was taken near the milk stand in front of the tie fighter looking ship.

0FED19F7-5942-4894-B8C3-59F2D24804CF.jpeg

sheriffwoody

Just finished up your report (just a few months late :hilarious: ). So glad it was a good trip! I loooove the Grand...hope to stay there again someday. Congrats on becoming DVC members!!

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Just finished up your report (just a few months late :hilarious: ). So glad it was a good trip! I loooove the Grand...hope to stay there again someday. Congrats on becoming DVC members!!
Thank you! We really enjoyed the Grand, and can’t wait to stay there again some day. You really weren’t months late, it’s just that it’s been January for like 6 months now I think! We have just a few weeks to go until our next trip finally!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom