The Town Center construction

Slowjack

There is no way that this will be done by June. I live 13 miles away and drive by and go to the Springs frequently, lucky if it done by the beginning of the holidays. They haven't even touched Planet Hollywood yet, that is a six month refurbishment, rebuild by itself. ...
I was there a few days ago and work on Planet Hollywood is starting. It's clearly early days and it's a big project, so I wouldn't be surprised if it opens after a lot of the other Disney Springs stuff, but I think mid-late summer is still in the cards.

danpam1024

Looking at the list...
  • Anthropologie
  • kate spade new york
  • LACOSTE
  • Under Armour
  • M·A·C Cosmetics
  • Vince Camuto
  • Vera Bradley
  • Lucky Brand
  • Oakley
  • Coca-Cola Store
  • TROPHY ROOM
  • ALEX AND ANI®
  • Na Hoku – Hawaii’s Finest Jewelers Since 1924
  • Shore
  • American Threads
  • Volcom
  • Kipling
  • francesca’s
  • Melissa Shoes
  • UNOde50
  • Johnston & Murphy
  • Everything But Water
  • Free People
  • JOHNNY WAS
  • Columbia
  • Sperry
  • Luxury of Time by Diamonds
    International
  • Sephora
  • D-Luxe Burger
  • Amorette’s Patisserie
  • Tablas Frontera
  • Homecoming – Florida Kitchen and Shine Bar
Yep...Looks like I can't afford anything....Just the name of the stores says "I'm way too expensive"
Looks like the malls in my end of FL :( Was hoping for more original to Disney Springs type shops :( Who buys make up on vacation?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
If you've ever been to the Orlando International Premium Outlets, you'll understand why lots of the shops decided to move into a tighter controlled environment where the capture rate is higher and the tenants are curated better.

jaklgreen

Looks like the malls in my end of FL :( Was hoping for more original to Disney Springs type shops :( Who buys make up on vacation?

The city I live in does not have 90% of those stores so we would definitely shop at some of those. There are so many place in this country that do not have a wide variety of stores that they do in the bigger cities. It might seem same old, same old for you but for a good chunk of people, even in this country, those will be new to them.

danpam1024

The city I live in does not have 90% of those stores so we would definitely shop at some of those. There are so many place in this country that do not have a wide variety of stores that they do in the bigger cities. It might seem same old, same old for you but for a good chunk of people, even in this country, those will be new to them.
My point was- they're chain retailers. I was just hoping for one-of-a-kind boutiques. Having nostalgia for Lake Buena Vista I suppose.

roj2323

pretty much. I literally have 7 malls w/in a 20 mile radius of my house with these stores- several of them are in various airports for goodness sake. Oh well, like I said, they had me at cupcakes.
This is entirely true but from disney's perspective how many of them are only a disney bus away and how many have disney quality control and theming?

On a more personel level I live 15 minutes from two malls yet I drive 35 minutes to go to disney springs on a regular basis because i enjoy the atmosphere and I find things like the boats and music relaxing. Call it the disney difference if you want

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom