The Town Center construction

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Jan 30. Two new kiosks are being constructed behind the construction wall in the Fulton's/Portobello plaza.

Based on these recent additions and the fact that the landscaping is almost completed on this side of the "Springs," I believe it will be just a matter of weeks before this construction wall is removed...from the corner of the T-Rex building to the end of Morimoto Asia building, exposing the "Springs" and creating excitement for guests walking along the new pathway. With the opening of this "springs" shoreline boundary, only one entrance will need to be blocked to guests, the entrance to the new bridge between Raglan Road and Morimoto Asia.

IMG_7261.JPG

IMG_7265.JPG

IMG_7262.JPG

The roof on this kiosk is clear Plexiglas, with wooden slats underneath to block the sun's rays.

IMG_7266.JPG

Notice the first kiosk in the background of the below photo.

IMG_7263.JPG

IMG_7264.JPG

In other areas of Disney Springs:

The building between the Lego Store and T-Rex Café has been painted, but the blue color is probably a primer coat.

IMG_7247.JPG

The side of the above building, with wood beams installed over an entrance.
IMG_7258.JPG

The building at the west end of World of Disney has "stained glass" windows.

IMG_7257.JPG

IMG_7259.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, Feb. 9. Wood beams added to side of this building, located between the T-Rex Café and the Lego Store. Note the brick/pavement is laid right up to the building's foundation.

IMG_7325.JPG

A different view of the new Disney bus transportation terminal near the Orange parking garage. Concrete forms for both the bus turnaround area as well as the pedestrian walkway around the perimeter. The Lime parking garage is in the center background.

IMG_7334.JPG

A close-up of the Disney Springs Town Center skyline as viewed from the new bus terminal.

IMG_7335.JPG

A view of Disney Springs Town Center skyline from the intersection of Buena Vista Drive and the Speedway gas station. The archway between the two towers will be the Town Center entrance here.

IMG_7341.JPG

Next Big Thing

I have to wonder... are they planning on closing the Marketplace bus stop once the Town Center one opens?

The Town Center one is so centralized it seems like the Marketplace stop will become something that isn't needed and it would keep it at only one bus stop at Disney springs, which means faster transport (rather than stopping at the former 2 or 3 they used to stop at).

Bolt

I have to wonder... are they planning on closing the Marketplace bus stop once the Town Center one opens?

The Town Center one is so centralized it seems like the Marketplace stop will become something that isn't needed and it would keep it at only one bus stop at Disney springs, which means faster transport (rather than stopping at the former 2 or 3 they used to stop at).
It'll close.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Feb. 20. New Disney Springs concept art displayed on the construction walls in the courtyard in front of Fulton's Crab House.

IMG_7383.JPG

IMG_7384.JPG

The building between T-Rex Café and the Lego Store has the wood beams installed and stained.

IMG_7385.JPG

The same building as in the above photo, showing the entrance with wood beam framing.

IMG_7388.JPG

The faux wood deck is finished on the bridge between Raglan Road and Morimoto's Asia.

IMG_7379.JPG

bhg469

Took a ride out there tonight unfortunately it was really dark and I couldn't see much. What I did see was Morimoto is stunning in person. The picture so not do it justice how cool it looks in person. The new structures for the town center are also gigantic. Again, pictures are not doing anything for its size.

The crowds are still very heavy feeling because of the walla but obviously that will change.

Disney6166

People on here likely don't know. Nothing has been announced, but Steve has said he expects them to be ready in June.
There is no way that this will be done by June. I live 13 miles away and drive by and go to the Springs frequently, lucky if it done by the beginning of the holidays. They haven't even touched Planet Hollywood yet, that is a six month refurbishment, rebuild by itself. The first garage just technically got finished last week, that took a year and a half. The second garage is only half way finished. Disney can't seem to get out of there own way when it comes to getting this done. It seems they taking on to many projects at once and can't get any finished before they start 18 more projects going on at 10-20%. What they have open now there is still no place to park, it is a real mess down there, don't get excited for June Opening

JUFL2019

There is no way that this will be done by June. I live 13 miles away and drive by and go to the Springs frequently, lucky if it done by the beginning of the holidays. They haven't even touched Planet Hollywood yet, that is a six month refurbishment, rebuild by itself. The first garage just technically got finished last week, that took a year and a half. The second garage is only half way finished. Disney can't seem to get out of there own way when it comes to getting this done. It seems they taking on to many projects at once and can't get any finished before they start 18 more projects going on at 10-20%. What they have open now there is still no place to park, it is a real mess down there, don't get excited for June Opening
Incorrect. Most of this will open in may/june

Disney6166

Incorrect. Most of this will open in may/june
So your saying in roughly 60 days the bus loop will be done, all the restaurants and stores, The Observatory, the landscaping, the roads, parking garage will be done? Look at the pictures there is no way. It has taken them over 2 years to get this far. I'll follow up with a reply on June 1st and we will see what still needs to be done. Sorry, but there is no way!

JUFL2019

So your saying in roughly 60 days the bus loop will be done, all the restaurants and stores, The Observatory, the landscaping, the roads, parking garage will be done? Look at the pictures there is no way. It has taken them over 2 years to get this far. I'll follow up with a reply on June 1st and we will see what still needs to be done. Sorry, but there is no way!
Sounds good!

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I could see the Town Center opening by June, but not will all the tenants. I fully expect the entire Disney Springs project to go well into next year. Walt's as one example is still basically a hole in the ground at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom