The Sum of All Thrills by Raytheon coming soon to Innoventions East

Jasonflz

It's been described as a "design & ride your own thrill ride" attraction (not just coasters). All 4 kuka robots have been delivered and they've started painting the walls (deep merlot) and lighting is currently being installed.

Some concept art came out this weekend and I haven't seen it posted here yet so here it is:

Slide1.jpg

vehicle20art.jpg

:wave:

:sohappy: Now this is exactly what Innoventions needs.

hpyhnt 1000

It was! :lol: Just look at all the nooks and cranies and corners IN THE DARK...:lookaroun:lol:

Not to mention that there were a billion exhibits..

I think that was the bigger problem. :lol: There was so much more in Innoventions that it was hard to find one individual thing, and therefore seemed confusing. I personally do not see how a grid system would be confusing to navigate...but since I never experienced CCore or the original Innoventions, I can't really say. :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

I think that was the bigger problem. :lol: There was so much more in Innoventions that it was hard to find one individual thing, and therefore seemed confusing. I personally do not see how a grid system would be confusing to navigate...but since I never experienced CCore or the original Innoventions, I can't really say. :shrug:

Yep...even though it had Lego!!:lookaroun:lol:

I think it was confusing because of the lack of natural light, and that's when they eliminated some of the doors in CCore as well.:wave:

Jasonflz

^ Not to mention signs that feel as if they lead to nowhere. I personally don't care for Innoventions, especially when it is so tedious to pass through. It works far better if you have lots of time to kill, or even if you are visiting for a full day. Otherwise, it seems like a large obstacle that you can just pass through. Fortunately, the exhibits actually change around.

Didn't CC only feature exhibits that stayed the entire run?

jedimaster1227

Should I be disappointed that the ride didn't reutilize some old Rocket Rod designs?

Besides the commodity of the KUKA arm, I really feel like this is become CyberSpace Mountain 2.0...

I'm sure the attraction will be worthwhile, but I fear that its low capacity and limited number of arms will make this an unavailable attraction on even the slowest of days...

It took over six pods in DisneyQuest to show that something like this can't work (capacity-wise) on a small scale. Why are we cutting the capacity even more, just to do it in an even busier setting? :shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Should I be disappointed that the ride didn't reutilize some old Rocket Rod designs?

Besides the commodity of the KUKA arm, I really feel like this is become CyberSpace Mountain 2.0...

I'm sure the attraction will be worthwhile, but I fear that its low capacity and limited number of arms will make this an unavailable attraction on even the slowest of days...

It took over six pods in DisneyQuest to show that something like this can't work (capacity-wise) on a small scale. Why are we cutting the capacity even more, just to do it in an even busier setting? :shrug:
I wonder how long it will take before they start taking ADR's for it.:lol:

jedimaster1227

I wonder how long it will take before they start taking ADR's for it.:lol:

I think I'll get to ride Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit more times than this, even though I visit Epcot probably three times as much as I do Universal.

And on that same scale, I'll probably ride Revenge of the Mummy a good fifteen times for each time I get a chance to even sit in one of the arm's enclosed pods... Way to go Raytheon! :lol:

ms7479a

Just speculating here, but with a ride with such a limited daily capacity I can really see them using some type of fastpass system. It would make sense if the only way you could ride was if you had a fastpass. They could start giving out fastpasses in the morning and once they reached 600 stop. Guests with the fastpasses would then come back at their specified time. This would cut down on the amount of people waiting in line inside Innoventions to get on the ride. The only problem I see with this is that the fastpasses would run out fairly quickly (but maybe this would take some of the morning rush away from Soarin').

hardcard

I think I'll get to ride Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit more times than this, even though I visit Epcot probably three times as much as I do Universal.

And on that same scale, I'll probably ride Revenge of the Mummy a good fifteen times for each time I get a chance to even sit in one of the arm's enclosed pods... Way to go Raytheon! :lol:

Rockit has to be open reliably first.. It wasn't open at all yesterday from what I understand ... "Now Open" my butt..

hardcard

Just speculating here, but with a ride with such a limited daily capacity I can really see them using some type of fastpass system. It would make sense if the only way you could ride was if you had a fastpass. They could start giving out fastpasses in the morning and once they reached 600 stop. Guests with the fastpasses would then come back at their specified time. This would cut down on the amount of people waiting in line inside Innoventions to get on the ride. The only problem I see with this is that the fastpasses would run out fairly quickly (but maybe this would take some of the morning rush away from Soarin').

For my vote, then can rip the FP machines off Pan and use those :) It doesn't nothing but disrupt the line on Pan.....Sorry.. a bit off topic..

--------------------------------------
Imagine that, you don't need a signature to have a signature. Still better than you.

ryno1982

Well HRRR and Mummy are two of Universal's biggest attractions. Why on Earth are you comparing them to a single exhibit at Innoventions? That's like me saying that I'd rather ride Spider-man than play Where's the Fire. Everything in Innoventions is skipable, and this is no exception.

jedimaster1227

Well HRRR and Mummy are two of Universal's biggest attractions. Why on Earth are you comparing them to a single exhibit at Innoventions? That's like me saying that I'd rather ride Spider-man than play Where's the Fire. Everything in Innoventions is skipable, and this is no exception.

I'm not comparing the quality or size/scope of the attractions... I am comparing the wait times they accrue. I said what I did because I am expecting to be able to ride those "big" attractions more often than I will this. When Rockit has an hour wait (and it will once they start to operate with at least four trains) and Mummy has a five minute single rider wait, I can easily run circles around the hour-plus wait that will likely be attached to this capacity-nightmare. Like I said before, CyberSpace Mountain is a shining example of a decent concept not technically executed properly--too few seats equals longer waits. This new attraction cuts its predecessor's capacity almost in half, which gives me reason to expect rediculous wait times. I'd rather not see this attraction sitting directly under Soarin' on the tip board with the second longest wait time of the day.

I wouldn't actually agree that everything in Innoventions is skipable... I walk through the halls of Innoventions almost every time I visit Epcot. And in each of those times that I walk through, I almost always stop at Thinkplace or Where's the Fire. Truthfully, there are plenty of exhibits at Innoventions that I'd spend my time at over some of the bigger attractions in the neighboring parks, but that is just me. :shrug:

jt04

Where does the 600 number come from? That can't be right. :shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Where does the 600 number come from? That can't be right. :shrug:
Length of the ride cycle X guests per cycle. The attraction only holds either 4 or 2 guests per cycle. At 4 guests per cycle the entire ride cycle (load, ride, unload) would only need to be in excess of 12.5 minutes to equal 600 guests per 12 hour day.

jt04

Length of the ride cycle X guests per cycle. The attraction only holds either 4 or 2 guests per cycle. At 4 guests per cycle the entire ride cycle (load, ride, unload) would only need to be in excess of 12.5 minutes to equal 600 guests per 12 hour day.

Is 2 or 4 guests the same capacity for the ride vehicles for potter? I know that ride will have many more ride vehicles but still. I thought they would hold 6 to 8 guests at a time.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Is 2 or 4 guests the same capacity for the ride vehicles for potter? I know that ride will have many more ride vehicles but still. I thought they would hold 6 to 8 guests at a time.
No idea how the seating arrangements compare between the 2 attractions but yes having more that one ride vehicle drastically increases capacity.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I thought the new innoventions ride had at least 4 ride vehicles.
In that is the case the of course the capacity will be greater. Quite honestly I think you are taking things a bit too literal. I'll wager that the 600 figure was pulled out of thin air just to drive an obvious point home....the capacity of this ride is going to be very low and the demand is going to be high. That typically equals ticked off guests and hopefully it is a problem that they have assessed and figured out a way to deal with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom