The Story of the Triangles

I also heard that SGE is supposed to suck, because the Imagineers wanted to make a statement about how bad the future is going to be. Those guys sure are clever!

Actually, that's alarmingly close to the implicit meaning of Alien Encounter. An evil corporation that sends people to their doom? Doesn't sound like a great, big, beautiful tommorrow to me.

Back to your regularly scheduled WDI-bashing.

DarthGrady

Tomorrow's Triangle,,,, gathering dust on the ceiling.
Tomorrow's Triangle,,,, ugly and having no meaning.

Up in the dark, as we debark,
They're oh so boring, together we're snoring.
No hope, and a lack desire.
Hoping they'll one day catch fire.

Tomorrow's triangle! tomorrow's triangle!
Shining not one little bit.
For the future world is turning to _______.
Turning to ________.

TalkingHead

Actually, that's alarmingly close to the implicit meaning of Alien Encounter. An evil corporation that sends people to their doom? Doesn't sound like a great, big, beautiful tommorrow to me.

Back to your regularly scheduled WDI-bashing.

Well, XS-Tech showed us that the future would be controlled by evil corporations.

But SGE's suckage is part of WDI's metacommentary on the disappointments the future holds. Makes those triangles look like child's play.

Very clever, boys!

WDWFigment

Does anyone else think that it's possibly the case that the particular portion of the book pertaining to the triangles was written prior to the budget running out on the SSE descent? Put another way, perhaps the book was written with the expectation that by the time it came off the press, the triangles would be "better" and more representative of the idea trying to be conveyed?

Just a guess. If they are trying to say the current triangles actually mean or represent that, well, that's a bit of a stretch, to put it mildly.

Cmdr_Crimson

Turning to ________.

This post is FTW!!!!!!:sohappy:

SMRT-1

Does anyone else think that it's possibly the case that the particular portion of the book pertaining to the triangles was written prior to the budget running out on the SSE descent? Put another way, perhaps the book was written with the expectation that by the time it came off the press, the triangles would be "better" and more representative of the idea trying to be conveyed?

Just a guess. If they are trying to say the current triangles actually mean or represent that, well, that's a bit of a stretch, to put it mildly.

maybe there is still a chance for them to get it done!

WDWExplorer

Banned
maybe it's a leak of what they shouldn't do! :)

bring more inspiration to the new sse decent... the video screens really spelled doom for anything great honestly.... they don't want you looking at anything but those screens.

I-4Warrior

Turning to ________.

That was AWESOME!!

EpcotFanForever

picture.php

A burst of energy? A genesis of the next great idea?

Actually, in an obscure way, I like how it correlates with the geosphere shape, but did we really had to lost Future City for this "burst of energy"?

Poorly executed... :(

Burst of energy? Sort of like a fart in a hurricane...

Monorail_Orange

I remember about a year or so ago that the forums were all a-tizzy about the addition of the abstract triangles in the downramp to Spaceship Earth. Weird, maybe. Lacking, perhaps. Random, NO!

Behold, from the newly revised and updated "Imagineering Field Guide to Epcot", which came out on Tuesday:

"Surrounding them, Guests see an abstract version of the triangular panels that make up the surface of the exterior sphere. The panels explode into a burst of energy, representing the genesis of the next great idea. These panels follow us down the ramp, increasing in density as we reach the bottom - affirming our return to Spaceship Earth".

The more you know...

double-facepalm.jpg

Master Gracey 5

"Surrounding them, Guests see an abstract version of the triangular panels that make up the surface of the exterior sphere. The panels explode into a burst of energy, representing the genesis of the next great idea. These panels follow us down the ramp, increasing in density as we reach the bottom - affirming our return to Spaceship Earth".

Behold! The spin power of Disney Marketing! Tune in next week as they spin BS about another of your favorite rides gone wrong.

hokielutz

I need you to visualize me hitting my head on my desk at work several times...... and I don't care how much it hurts. :brick::brick:

aladdin2007

Its sad all around really, even worse now that they published that. They should be utterly embarassed, both Disney and Siemens because they did not follow through and finish something they started. They could have saved alot of money by leaving what was in there before, even with the screens added.

Since this came out maybe its a good time again to send a letter or two to both companies and wake them up. Because the ride is looking uglier and uglier through there and its just sad they dont care. :brick:

Future Guy

tomorrow's triangle,,,, gathering dust on the ceiling.
Tomorrow's triangle,,,, ugly and having no meaning.

they're oh so boring, together we're snoring.

Tomorrow's triangle! Tomorrow's triangle!
Turning to ________.

That is so full of win it may have just broken the Internet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom