Trip Report The Story Comes ALIVE! *COMPLETED*

Hello again, my friends.

For nearly a decade it has been such a joy for me to write about 50 (yes, 50!) different trips that I have taken to WDW - including one that was virtual. ;)

The reason? You, the reader.

I don’t do trip reports for my own documentation. I have journals for that. I write because I love interacting with y’all. Your encouragement, humor, curiosity and even snark (*ahem* @amjt660) assure me that I am not alone in my crazy affection for Disney parks. A big thanks to each of you!

I am very fortunate to be a frequent visitor to WDW (despite what @Mr Ferret 88 believes, I do not live there!) and am entering a season of monthly visits. Trip reporting is time consuming (as those of you who’ve written can attest) but I’m not ready to completely give it up - yet.

What I’d like to do is keep this as an ongoing TR for the rest of 2023. It will be highlights and moments, with live posting as the goal. My story coming alive, so to speak.

First up is spring break with my favorite girl.

AA48F088-9593-431D-9863-5A1CC9431BEF.jpeg

Followed closely by a getaway with my favorite guy.

22534EF9-828F-43F6-A922-359B962CEC72.jpeg

There will be Magician meets. New experiences. And (as always) the unexpected.

I hope you’ll join the fun!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Congratulations! That’s great.
Oh they are just precious!!!! So cute!! Congratulations!
Thanks @coachwnh and @Songbird76. :happy:

Awwww! They have gotten even cuter!!! ❤️
You are killing me!! Newborns are not that cute, except apparently these 2! You are blessed!!
Blessed indeed!

IMG_0903.jpeg

Note: Big sister is a squirmer and works her way to the top of the crib all the time.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh. My. Goodness. They are absolutely perfect!
Well, I'm late to the party, but congratulations!! They are adorable! I hope you get to meet them soon!
OMG they are so adorable 🥰 Hope you get to visit them soon.
Congratulations ❤️
Congratulations to all! How precious :)
I Love You Smile GIF by corgiyolk

Beautiful! Double Congrats!

giphy.gif
Hungarian Thanking GIF by Verohallinto
Hungarian Thanking GIF by Verohallinto

dizfan917

This is my first visit back to the site since we got home last Saturday...

Were we visiting the SAME WDW? The one we were in from 7/22 - 7/29 was dry, dry, DRY. We had one shower mid afternoon on Sunday the 23rd while we were in line for and riding Buzz Lightyear and when we got out, it sprinkled for about 5 minutes and that was it. It did drizzle for one hour on Thursday the 27th while we were in Animal Kingdom and again, another hour of drizzle on Saturday the 29th (again in Animal Kingdom), but that was ALL THE RAIN we encountered. That's wacky. We did carry an umbrella the whole time, so I like to think that because I'm prepared, I never need to use it (but that's not always accurate). My biggest fear was getting SOAKED at Fantasmic! on Monday night as that's happened to me more than once before, but it was a perfect night.

You're right... I heard from many friends and co-workers that "the parks are empty" this summer. I don't know where they got their intel from, but it was WRONG. We had nearly 2 hour waits for all the big rides every day, AND it was as hot as the surface of the sun the entirety of our visit (except that day we had rain at MK - the rest of that day was pretty nice). We tried to get to see HEA a second time on Friday, but Main Street was SO packed that we couldn't stand any closer than the flagpole and folks were shoulder to shoulder everywhere! We hopped on a bus instead.

We had lots of fun though as we took a friend's (adult) daughter along with us who'd never been before. It's so much fun experiencing someone doing everything for the first time. Kevin starred in the Hoop Dee Doo Revue (a first for us!) as the Scout character the night we attended. His theatre background helped him excel (read - HAM!). :D We sat at the table down front and center (I got spit on by the performers more than once). It was SO MUCH FUN!! They are great entertainers!

Sorry to miss you! We would have shared our poutine and Chicken Guy with you on Saturday night at the Springs!! :(

Maybe next time we'll bump into each other in The Land again! Congratulations on those new little people in the family, too!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Were we visiting the SAME WDW? The one we were in from 7/22 - 7/29 was dry, dry, DRY.
No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

My biggest fear was getting SOAKED at Fantasmic! on Monday night as that's happened to me more than once before, but it was a perfect night.
White Lotus Good Job GIF by HBO
Sarcasm Reaction GIF by CBS

You're right... I heard from many friends and co-workers that "the parks are empty" this summer. I don't know where they got their intel from, but it was WRONG. We had nearly 2 hour waits for all the big rides every day, AND it was as hot as the surface of the sun the entirety of our visit (except that day we had rain at MK - the rest of that day was pretty nice). We tried to get to see HEA a second time on Friday, but Main Street was SO packed that we couldn't stand any closer than the flagpole and folks were shoulder to shoulder everywhere!
Michael Rainey Jr Yes GIF by Power Book II: Ghost

Kevin starred in the Hoop Dee Doo Revue (a first for us!) as the Scout character the night we attended. His theatre background helped him excel (read - HAM!). :D We sat at the table down front and center (I got spit on by the performers more than once). It was SO MUCH FUN!!
melissa mccarthy snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Sorry to miss you! Maybe next time we'll bump into each other in The Land again! Congratulations on those new little people in the family, too!!
I Hope Friendship GIF by Hallmark Channel

(and thanks for the congrats!)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Em's Double Dip: Final Thoughts

Apologies for the two week delay in posting my final thoughts. Have had a couple major life events since. ;)

Our family differentiates between a trip and a vacation. Trip infers lots of plans, activities and typically a schedule. Vacation implies few plans, relaxation and a loose (if any) schedule. Em had categorized our first summer visit to WDW as a trip. She requested that our second summer visit be a vacation.

We both agree this was a great vacation!

The "pool condo" helped set a relaxation vibe. We had lots of space and never felt on top of each other, as can happen after several days in a small hotel room. Its central location meant we were close to the pools, lobby, bus stop and Roaring Fork.

We were able to spend a lot of time at the pool (important) despite all the rain during the week and the overly-cautious closures due to "weather in the area." We're all in favor of guest safety, but I think Disney has swung a little too far with caution closures both at the pools and in the parks. Shutting down outdoor attractions when the sun is shining and no audible thunder seems excessive. We've taken dozens of summer WDW vacations with inclement weather and never had the number of closures that we experienced this week.

We had some good eats (and much better service than prior trips). Our meal at Whispering Canyon was a fave and that steak sandwich from Geyser Point still makes us drool.

Seeing @Darstarr was fun as always and we missed seeing you, @coachwnh! (I did feel like we "virtually met" @MissingDisney on the livestream! :joyfull:)

I have a nice scar from my inexplicable thumb injury. :facepalm:

Booking the Bounce Back offer for Spring Break gives Em something to look forward to next year. As for me?

Oregon GIF by GIPHY News

Kamala Harris Politics GIF by The Democrats

lindawdw

I'm so happy that you both had a great vacation!!! I loved that you were able to really relax at your favorite BR pool and enjoy some good lunches there too! I can't believe Em won't be back at WDW until next Spring but I'm so happy that you will be back sooner than that!!!
Yay GIF by YoungerTV

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom