Trip Report The Story Comes ALIVE! *COMPLETED*

Hello again, my friends.

For nearly a decade it has been such a joy for me to write about 50 (yes, 50!) different trips that I have taken to WDW - including one that was virtual. ;)

The reason? You, the reader.

I don’t do trip reports for my own documentation. I have journals for that. I write because I love interacting with y’all. Your encouragement, humor, curiosity and even snark (*ahem* @amjt660) assure me that I am not alone in my crazy affection for Disney parks. A big thanks to each of you!

I am very fortunate to be a frequent visitor to WDW (despite what @Mr Ferret 88 believes, I do not live there!) and am entering a season of monthly visits. Trip reporting is time consuming (as those of you who’ve written can attest) but I’m not ready to completely give it up - yet.

What I’d like to do is keep this as an ongoing TR for the rest of 2023. It will be highlights and moments, with live posting as the goal. My story coming alive, so to speak.

First up is spring break with my favorite girl.

AA48F088-9593-431D-9863-5A1CC9431BEF.jpeg

Followed closely by a getaway with my favorite guy.

22534EF9-828F-43F6-A922-359B962CEC72.jpeg

There will be Magician meets. New experiences. And (as always) the unexpected.

I hope you’ll join the fun!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hadn’t eaten since breakfast.

Made an ADR and told them Shirley was coming.

The restaurant was very accommodating.

IMG_0612.jpeg

Service was fantastic. As was the food.

IMG_0613.jpeg

One complaint? A lot more dark meat turkey than white meat. Apparently the “turkey shortage” from over a year ago continues. At least that is what the staff has been told.

Call me skeptical.

The server was more than happy to bring us more white meat.

IMG_0614.jpeg

Believe it or not, there is Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake under the mound of ice cream!

IMG_0615.jpeg

And it was delicious.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Standby was posted 50 minutes. We got in line anyway.

IMG_0617.jpeg

We boarded our Doom Buggy just 20 minutes later.

Again Em tried to guide me where to look so that I could nail the ride photo.

And again I failed.

But Em’s pose didn’t turn out as she expected either.

I present to you her “sexy wink.” (Her words, not mine.)

IMG_0630.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hadn’t eaten since breakfast.

Made an ADR and told them Shirley was coming.

The restaurant was very accommodating.

View attachment 730385

Service was fantastic. As was the food.

View attachment 730386

One complaint? A lot more dark meat turkey than white meat. Apparently the “turkey shortage” from over a year ago continues. At least that is what the staff has been told.

Call me skeptical.

The server was more than happy to bring us more white meat.

View attachment 730387

Believe it or not, there is Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake under the mound of ice cream!

View attachment 730388

And it was delicious.
Yikes, what is going on?! Never seen the park so empty. Is it the oppressive summer heat/humidity down there that's turning people off?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Monday, July 17

Good morning from Copper Creek Villas at WL!

IMG_0635.jpeg

When Em mentioned her interest in a “double dip” I went in search of a confirmed DVC reservation, which can offer substantial savings. We knew we wanted to stay at Wilderness Lodge, so either Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge would do.

We received our room text when we were still several hours away from WDW. It gave us peace that we could move all our stuff in upon arrival. No waiting around in the rain!

We’ve rented Copper Creek studios before. Those rooms looked like this -

IMG_7051.jpeg

IMG_7052.jpeg

So we were a bit perplexed when we opened the door and saw a long hallway with a living area (sleeper sofa, credenza, wide screen TV) at the end of it.

IMG_0596.jpeg

IMG_0591.jpeg

The multiple windows clued us in that we have a corner unit.

IMG_0592.jpeg

The bathroom is huge. A mirrored barn door provides privacy at the sink.

IMG_0594.jpeg

Another sliding door provides privacy in the tub and toilet area. And there are four granite shelves for storage.

IMG_0593.jpeg

New clear dispensers for the bath products. The color of the body wash is a bit unfortunate.

IMG_0598.jpeg

But is there a bed?

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Of course there is! While only a queen, there is plenty of space for a king bed.

IMG_0588.jpeg

Lots of storage and another large flat screen TV.

IMG_0589.jpeg

We declared this our breakfast nook -

IMG_0590.jpeg

What a FUN room! Em said, “It’s like we’re staying in a beach condo, but without the beach!” (Which pleases her to no end because she does not like the beach.)

The location is also very quiet - with the exception of outdoor speakers that played the soundtrack for Happily Ever After. We couldn’t see a single firework.

Quite the irony when Woody and I had a room with a perfect fireworks view yet couldn’t hear the music.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom