The Status of Muppet*Vision 3D

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This question has come up in my noggin a lot of times, and if anyone wants to answer it here, feel free.
Why, with all the crowd talk, can't they just LEAVE the attractions they have and EXPAND to the outer land areas? Disney owns enough land. This might lower the crowd problem? Is that wrong thinking?

Because it increases operating costs. People are still willing to pack the parks so there is no great incentive yet to reduce the crowds.

TrainsOfDisney

The muppet area should have been given a real budget. Add a muppet ride, simple dark ride is fine, just something that would pull people into the back of that area. Have a muppets lab show with the character that roamed Epcot for a bit. Add random muppet appearances ala great moments in history.

Not just because it would be cool... but because it would pull people away from The entrance to Star Wars land!

They should have done the same thing on the the other side, fleshed out Pixar studios rather than the toy story single franchise land.

And then instead of killing great movie ride, they should have added mickeys ride to “animation courtyard” to round that area out. Then you’d have guests pulled multiple directions... instead of what you’ll get now.

Baldy

Simply turn the courtyard into a new planet (not Batuu) in a galaxy far far away. Place a Jedi Academy there and a Launch Bay there. The script writes itself.

Only negative is losing Mama Melrose. Perhaps it could keep the menu and be rethemed or it could be relocated.

PS- Muppets can be used as the have been in Liberty Square, Future World etc. No need to confine them to several hundred square feet. IMO.
2E5937F7-0022-4859-9AB4-B8C01FF9CFB3.jpeg

jt04

They revived Muppet Babies and Duck Tales. No reason they couldn't do some sort of re-boot. I don't know what legal rights Disney has or needs though to make that happen.

They definitely have enough content to reboot with Disney characters. I think it is one of those cases of nobody wanting to try to do what would be a very challenging sequel. Recapturing that magic would be nearly impossible.

SteamboatJoe

They definitely have enough content to reboot with Disney characters. I think it is one of those cases of nobody wanting to try to do what would be a very challenging sequel. Recapturing that magic would be nearly impossible.
Very likely. I'd settle for a cartoon series at this point.

ppete1975

The muppet area should have been given a real budget. Add a muppet ride, simple dark ride is fine, just something that would pull people into the back of that area. Have a muppets lab show with the character that roamed Epcot for a bit. Add random muppet appearances ala great moments in history.

Not just because it would be cool... but because it would pull people away from The entrance to Star Wars land!

They should have done the same thing on the the other side, fleshed out Pixar studios rather than the toy story single franchise land.

And then instead of killing great movie ride, they should have added mickeys ride to “animation courtyard” to round that area out. Then you’d have guests pulled multiple directions... instead of what you’ll get now.
That was the original idea, there are so many what ifs involved with that land. If they could have done a deal earlier (I feel Disney was a bit bullish, and Jim was an idealist), then when everything seemed to be almost there... he died. Its a pretty interesting read, and there are some youtube videos on the whole situation. But the original plans were there.
Id love to see star tours go to pigs and space (it would be cheap and fun.. esp if you used the star tours strategy of different stories when you ride) and would prob add a ton of value to the muppets name (introduces and reminds people of what they are, and an all new audience)
I keep thinking that the moments in history and the beaker bunson mobile lab, show that Disney hasn't given up (and the streaming show), so they might surprise us.. without those id be without hope.

I'm fine with GMR. It was soo outdated now. And even if they had poured millions to update it, I don't think it would ever be as popular as it was. With the park theming change and everything else, I don't see how that ride made sense any more. Is mickey the right choice there? Maybe maybe not.. I'm stoked about the new attraction, but maybe something else could have gone in that space that would have been more... grand and elegant, fitting of the building?

Great ideas though and would finish the park out a bit. Id also do something with the indy area as its past its time and is a lot of space. And id make animation courtyard and its whole area a new one mans dream. Turn that area into hyperion studios, maybe even add an ink and paint explaining the great artists that started it all.

Cmdr_Crimson

If Disney owns the muppets franchise since they purchased it, how would they not own the rights to that muppets movie?
I had thought It's was referenced in the song "Were doing a sequel" Bunsen mentions it..
We're doing a sequel
I don't mean to be a stickler
But this is the seventh sequel to our original motion picture

If that was the case the films under Disney would go as follows..
  1. The Muppet Movie
  2. The Great Muppet Caper
  3. The Muppets Take Manhatten
  4. A Muppet Christmas Carol
  5. Muppet Treasure Island
  6. The Muppets
  7. Muppets Most Wanted
This is why I think Muppets from Space is not a part of it...

FigmentJedi

I had thought It's was referenced in the song "Were doing a sequel" Bunsen mentions it..

If that was the case the films under Disney would go as follows..
  1. The Muppet Movie
  2. The Great Muppet Caper
  3. The Muppets Take Manhatten
  4. A Muppet Christmas Carol
  5. Muppet Treasure Island
  6. The Muppets
  7. Muppets Most Wanted
This is why I think Muppets from Space is not a part of it...
Except The Muppet Movie isn't a sequel to itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom