The Status of Muppet*Vision 3D

Cmdr_Crimson

Toontown as a neighborhood in Hollywood Sudios would be great but where could it go?
If the studio aspect was still around it would have been on Sunset Blvd were RnRC is.. The plaza would have been Maroon Studios where you would have rode Baby Hermans buggy coaster and Toontown where Sunset theater is to ride the Rogers Toontown trolley simulator...This is why you see The red car trolley down Sunset blvd as it took place around that time the film was done..This is also why you see a billboard in the studios..
54b3db271e35fee4203810f2d3ea654f.jpg

TJJohn12

Toontown as a neighborhood in Hollywood Sudios would be great but where could it go?

Animation Courtyard, the old turn around behind it for the backstage tour, and the feature animation building.

Didn’t our version of toontown exist in the MK but got torn down for New Fantasyland ???

That was Mickey’s Birthdayland - a VERY low budget version of a “Toontown”... actually it was supposed to be Duckburg. I have deep fond childhood memories of that place and the birthday cake show, but it was slapdash looking back on it.

Off topic: anyone have a pic of the pieces of cake they used sell at the exit to that show? I remember that being the best cake I ever ate...

Last edited:

Kman101

Didn’t our version of toontown exist in the MK but got torn down for New Fantasyland ???

Yeah, but it was never on the same level as the Toontown that exists in Tokyo and Anaheim. I wish they had built the "real" version in Hollywood Studios instead. Oh well. It would fit so well.

It's not really dated. Roger I suppose could be considered "dated" but I don't. I doubt they build it now or ever but it was once considered for HS/MGM. I wish they had built it.

ppete1975

I think it is probably not high on their list as long as Launch Bay has to stay open. Perhaps a Mermaid replacement short term.
Or extend the back, bring it back to its original appearance. Make it a much bigger one mans dream. Have progress city in there his plane parked out front. And make a wing for coming attractions such as the ge mock-up and tron.

jt04

Or extend the back, bring it back to its original appearance. Make it a much bigger one mans dream. Have progress city in there his plane parked out front. And make a wing for coming attractions such as the ge mock-up and tron.

Very good. Also would facilitate removal of current OMD and Mermaid buildings. Which in turn could allow them to expand TSL and perhaps add something permanent to Pixar Place. That is a lot of land.

Interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom