The Status of Imagination

ORG13

Original Poster
I see that alot of people on this board post about dreamfinder and his return. IMO a character like Dreamfinder would not be practical anymore, and is nice nostalgia but in no way belongs in imagination anymore, figment possibly but i still do not know how i feel about him, Imagination needs to move into a new age. Honey I Shrunk the Audience, really? Is it still the 90's most guests know what it is, but how much longer is that going to last. Again retro and nostalgia is nice, but leave it to memories and videos and other media and move on.

Figment632

I see that alot of people on this board post about dreamfinder and his return. IMO a character like Dreamfinder would not be practical anymore, and is nice nostalgia but in no way belongs in imagination anymore, figment possibly but i still do not know how i feel about him, Imagination needs to move into a new age. Honey I Shrunk the Audience, really? Is it still the 90's most guests know what it is, but how much longer is that going to last. Again retro and nostalgia is nice, but leave it to memories and videos and other media and move on.

Hmm were you around the last time they got rid of Figment and Dreamfinder, it was a disaster.

Any way I don't see how you can think Dreamfinder isn't practical? It is a ride about the imagination and as long as imagination is set free anything is practical :fork:

Here is hoping that they use the trackless system from Pooh's Honey Hut in the refurb!

FigmentJedi

I see that alot of people on this board post about dreamfinder and his return. IMO a character like Dreamfinder would not be practical anymore, and is nice nostalgia but in no way belongs in imagination anymore, figment possibly but i still do not know how i feel about him,
Figment's not gonna go anywhere. Disney learned their lesson from the 2000 disaster to not keep him out of the Imagination ride. And Figment works more effectively when he's with Dreamfinder.
YOu just sound like someone who's never ridden or seen video of the original, which was a Haunted Mansion/Pirates tier dark ride that never should have been completely replaced, only plussed.

Figment632

Figment's not gonna go anywhere. Disney learned their lesson from the 2000 disaster to not keep him out of the Imagination ride. And Figment works more effectively when he's with Dreamfinder.
YOu just sound like someone who's never ridden or seen video of the original, which was a Haunted Mansion/Pirates tier dark ride that never should have been completely replaced, only plussed.

Agreed, a lot of people that have never been on the original version don't understand that the ride went from being a HM type extensivly themed E-ticket to loosing 65% of track and scene and now being just a nice little D-ticket.

heartodisney

I am very sad I have missed out on something that wonderful..:cry:

ORG13

Original Poster

No i have, and the only reason I say he is "imparactical" (probably not the best choice of words for what I meant) is because dreamfinder is a little to retro for my taste. Im not saying the "idea" of a character like dreamfinder is a bad idea, Im saying the actual character from the old attraction would not work. In my eyes some are just clouded by nostalgia. Dont get me wrong him and figment were a dynamic duo, much better than Channing and Figment, but the 80's early 90's dreamfinder either has to be updated or created into a character, different, but much like himself.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Im not saying the "idea" of a character like dreamfinder is a bad idea, Im saying the actual character from the old attraction would not work.
Oh, he would work, should work and hopefully will work if Glendale has their way.

ORG13

Original Poster
which was a Haunted Mansion/Pirates tier dark ride that never should have been completely replaced, only plussed.

Now I dont know about that. Maybe now that its been missed we see it as that. It was a good attraction, dont know if its in the same class.

ORG13

Original Poster
Oh, he would work, should work and hopefully will work if Glendale has their way.

So wait they are bringing him back. And would we be positive it is the "exact" dreamfinder. Again the idea of the character is great, theres just something about the vibe of dreamfinder I dont like, but i cant figure out what.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So wait they are bringing him back. And would we be positive it is the "exact" dreamfinder. Again the idea of the character is great, theres just something about the vibe of dreamfinder I dont like, but i cant figure out what.
The companys wants to, but it`s a complicated process. No idea if he`d be `updated` but he would be more than a cartoon on a screen. Glendale and TDO know how lavish the original ride was and what they need to do to top it, and they also know this would be the last chance after 1999 and 2002.

mcjaco

Hmm were you around the last time they got rid of Figment and Dreamfinder, it was a disaster.

To be fair, the uproar was over Figment's removal, not Dreamfinder. Hence the F-U Figment room at the end.

Would it help if we passed a jar around??:lookaroun

It might. :lol:

Whoa boy....for one, I do think Figment could disappear. This last incarnation of the ride doesn't make me like Figment one bit. I wonder how he tests with the GP nowadays. He did work better with Dreamfinder, but they'd have to come up with one heck of story on why he's back, and make Figment relative to the story again. Not some random trouble maker that just sings "Imagination" when he's done.

As for the comment on accusing the OP about never seeing or riding the original, it just wasn't necessary. He had an opinion and should be allowed to share it.

Supposedly. And I'll agree with you, I always like the original Figment, but Dreamfinder made me feel a little creepy inside.

raven

Here is hoping that they use the trackless system from Pooh's Honey Hut in the refurb!

Well that system sits on a flat floor. There are many elevations in Imagination. If they were going to do that it would be easier to level the entire pavilion than try to retrofit it into it's current building. Something I don't see happening.

Figment632

Now I dont know about that. Maybe now that its been missed we see it as that. It was a good attraction, dont know if its in the same class.

Watch Martin's ultimate tribute, it was very close to that scale if not exact.

Well that system sits on a flat floor. There are many elevations in Imagination. If they were going to do that it would be easier to level the entire pavilion than try to retrofit it into it's current building. Something I don't see happening.

If we can dream it we can do it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom