The Splash Mountain Appreciation Thread

Moka

Splash Mountain is an iconic ride for me. It will never become outdated.

Although, I wish that you get soaked and not just a bit wet. I rarely get wet. I want to get drenched. Even in Kali River you barely get wet.

Why is Disney afraid to drench guests in their water rides?
This. I wish this too. Yet in two Islands of Adventure rides: Ripsaw falls and Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges get you absolutely drenched throughout the entire ride. Jurassic Park doesn't get you as wet, but you might get more wet in it more than Splash anyways lol.

Kate F

Original Poster
Splash Mountain is an iconic ride for me. It will never become outdated.

Although, I wish that you get soaked and not just a bit wet. I rarely get wet. I want to get drenched. Even in Kali River you barely get wet.

Why is Disney afraid to drench guests in their water rides?
There are some people who won’t even ride Splash because they’re afraid of getting wet. It’s ridiculous.

Giss Neric

This. I wish this too. Yet in two Islands of Adventure rides: Ripsaw falls and Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges get you absolutely drenched throughout the entire ride. Jurassic Park doesn't get you as wet, but you might get more wet in it more than Splash anyways lol.
You know what, I was supposed to compare those rides at Universal cause you do really get wet which I love.

Ride wise, Splash is the superior ride but the just lacking the wet part.

Giss Neric

There are some people who won’t even ride Splash because they’re afraid of getting wet. It’s ridiculous.
Is that the real reason though? I know some people who tells me that they don't want to get wet but in actuality they are just afraid of the drop. When they say they don't wanna get wet I call them gremlins.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I would hate to see Splash Mountain changed, but if it does, I hope it gets a very low budget so the nostalgia isn't destroyed. Keep most of the animatronics and sets, slap a Tiana animatronic at the end, new soundtrack (begrudgingly), "problem" solved.

The soundtrack is the lifeblood of the attraction. Without it it wouldn't be "Splash Mountain" anymore.

I could stomach some AA change-outs and a few dialog or VO tweaks if it came to that (well so long as it's isn't from the same team that brought us "Quit your cluckin" but touching the music well that would be a insult.

Killing nostalgia would be the end of Disney.

Last edited:

Walt Disney1955

Oh yeah, you get drenched on those rides. I have never gotten so wet from a ride other than Popeye's in my life. Is it overkill? Well, not on a hot day. On a partly cloudy day the issue is if you go on those rides midway through the day you won't dry as much as if the sun is beating down on you. So you are better off doing it at the end of the day when you are prepared to go home. Nothing is more uncomfortable than drenched clothes just never fully drying. So my guess is Disney has that in mind with Splash. Maybe they feel it takes away from some of the magic?

The soundtrack is the lifeblood of the attraction. Without it it wouldn't be "Splash Mountain" anymore.

I could stomach some AA change-outs and a few dialog or VO tweaks if it came to that (well so long as it's isn't from the same team that brought us "Quit your cluckin") but touching the music ; well that would be a insult.

Killing nostalgia would be the end of Disney.

I think Disney realizes this. We don't know what the CEOs are saying behind closed doors. They could be cordial in public but they could run off expletives behind the scenes in a way of "How dare those (insert swear words) tell us how to run our company" type of thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DisneyTalks

Don't get me wrong I agree with you completely. The soundtrack is actually my favorite thing about Splash Mountain. I was just saying that if Disney caves, this would be a scenario where a cheap overlay would be a good thing because it would salvage most of the existing ride. Think California Screamin' to Incredicoaster instead of Maelstrom to Frozen, which made the original ride unrecognizable.
Make it a combo ride. It should be incredibles, Aliens, Simpson’s, Princess and the frog, and a mandalorian that greets you at the end. Let the soundtrack be a combination of all Disney soundtracks from the past 20 years, all playing at the same time.

dmw

In the Parks
No
Make it a combo ride. It should be incredibles, Aliens, Simpson’s, Princess and the frog, and a mandalorian that greets you at the end. Let the soundtrack be a combination of all Disney soundtracks from the past 20 years, all playing at the same time.
... needs Stitch at the top of the big drop saying "O'hana means family. Family means no one gets left behind, or forgotten." :hilarious:

N2dru

Sounds like a mess! Lol

I have one of those glossy attraction posters they sell at the automated kiosk in the art store on Main Street. Maybe it’s time to buy a custom frame, and hang it in the living room. They can’t tear that one out.

Can they?

StratMan

We don't get to go to Disney World very often but on our most recent trip, we got to the Magic Kingdom earlier than expected, straight from the Airport/DME/Resort process. Being too early for any of our fast passes, we waited in a LONG line for Splash Mountain. We were so happy just to be in the queue (starting outside) which is so peaceful and relaxing. I also learned a life lesson while waiting inside.
IMG_1556.JPG

Sorry for the poor image quality. The line was moving at the time.

Moka

I’m.... shocked to say the least. Though they said planned for a year. Doubt. Extreme doubt. This was an effect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom