The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Speaking of Michael, I find it rather amusing and typical of the fan community to miss what is right in front of them.

Look, I realize that the vast majority of folks even in an intelligent forum like this one have very little understanding of how huge media companies work. But sometimes ... well, you need to look deeper.

How many times has Bob Iger been photographed on-site at SDL? Anyone?

Don't say the groundbreaking because that bizarre 'event' was held in a hotel ballroom that was far from the site.

So, again, where's pics of Bob touring the biggest concrete piece of Mich ...his legacy?

If you find me one, then you're better playing with this new-fangled Internet thing than I am. And I don't think, as someone VERY familiar with working on huge projects in China, that it is accidental. Frankly, I think Bob hasn't been seen there because he either hasn't been invited or he's been asked to not publicize his visits.

ME on the other hand walks in to meet with Bob Weis and the team building the place and then Tweets a photo of the Tron Light Cycle coaster (you know, the one myself and others have told you was being built for years now) in the background. A photo like that says so much. It doesn't say that Michael is proud of The Weatherman. It says ''I opened China. I paved the way for this. I can do as I please as a citizen and oh ... you didn't announce this ride? Oopsy!''

Nobody in the building with the Dwarfs holding it up (publically) were happy by Michael's little 'PR stunt' ... but you better believe it got attention, which was the purpose.

Much like Michael's tweets from HKDL like a proud papa. Everyone criticized (me included) the park's opening day roster after the budget hammer removed 60% of what was supposed to be built on Lantau. But now, 18 months shy of the park being open a decade (and with design work well under way for a third resort hotel that will be announced very shortly), the park is a jewel and strong enough to stand on its own. Michael just wants Bob and Co to understand who was responsible and why things are the way they are.

Even standing next to Woody at the entrance to Toy Story Land, Michael was sending a not so subtle message to John Lasseter that ''I made you. Do not forget that.''

I love Hollywood politics.

Much better than D.C. or even FLA politics!

Love the man, I hope one day I bump into him and can say hello. NYer to NYer... I'll tell him I work on his home street. Ha

I enjoyed his book and I should read his others.

Cody5242

Tomorrow on Screamscape we will be seeing posts saying "THIS JUST IN: My sources have confirmed that Soarin Over the World will debut at the same time as DCA! But I'm hearing murmurs that the 7DMT and Hogwarts Expeess are lagging behind and may delay the projects. I'll provide you with more information when I get it."

PeterAlt

BTW, toughest thing for an American to get used to in Europe: no free refills on soda at most places (a few exceptions including a few at DLP!)
It's that way in NY too. I spent one semester of college at C.W. Post Long Island University in NY. Everything was so expensive and they don't understand the word refill. Even though I lived in L.I. NY until I was 14, I decided one semester in college there was enough and packed up and went back to Florida!

PeterAlt

Speaking of Michael, I find it rather amusing and typical of the fan community to miss what is right in front of them.

Look, I realize that the vast majority of folks even in an intelligent forum like this one have very little understanding of how huge media companies work. But sometimes ... well, you need to look deeper.

How many times has Bob Iger been photographed on-site at SDL? Anyone?

Don't say the groundbreaking because that bizarre 'event' was held in a hotel ballroom that was far from the site.

So, again, where's pics of Bob touring the biggest concrete piece of Mich ...his legacy?

If you find me one, then you're better playing with this new-fangled Internet thing than I am. And I don't think, as someone VERY familiar with working on huge projects in China, that it is accidental. Frankly, I think Bob hasn't been seen there because he either hasn't been invited or he's been asked to not publicize his visits.

ME on the other hand walks in to meet with Bob Weis and the team building the place and then Tweets a photo of the Tron Light Cycle coaster (you know, the one myself and others have told you was being built for years now) in the background. A photo like that says so much. It doesn't say that Michael is proud of The Weatherman. It says ''I opened China. I paved the way for this. I can do as I please as a citizen and oh ... you didn't announce this ride? Oopsy!''

Nobody in the building with the Dwarfs holding it up (publically) were happy by Michael's little 'PR stunt' ... but you better believe it got attention, which was the purpose.

Much like Michael's tweets from HKDL like a proud papa. Everyone criticized (me included) the park's opening day roster after the budget hammer removed 60% of what was supposed to be built on Lantau. But now, 18 months shy of the park being open a decade (and with design work well under way for a third resort hotel that will be announced very shortly), the park is a jewel and strong enough to stand on its own. Michael just wants Bob and Co to understand who was responsible and why things are the way they are.

Even standing next to Woody at the entrance to Toy Story Land, Michael was sending a not so subtle message to John Lasseter that ''I made you. Do not forget that.''

I love Hollywood politics.

Much better than D.C. or even FLA politics!
Can they at least invite him back to the BOD?

PeterAlt

One quickee and then I am off for the night, but amidst all the talk of everything at WDW (sans Pandora, Disney Springs and DVC) being on hold or at a snail's pace (true) I did want to mention there is one exception and that is the new Soarin Over the World. It will debut at EPCOT around the same time as it will at DCA (no matter what Miceage might have you believe!)
That's what I wondering and kind of figured...

A note to all -

I called it! I was right (again)!

PeterAlt

Loved the first season of The Following,not sure how I feel about the new season though?!?

I could care less about the new soarin update, a it is one of the biggest let downs of an experience! Everyone on this site hypes it up and I was dissappointed and will not be wasting a FP+ pick or my time in line for that again!

Any news on Journey? Is it still closing down? Refurb a go ahead? Anything for this park would be great, but I think only giving Epcot an updated Soarin film is a big F U to Epcot!
He didn't say it won't be getting a rehab. It could also be done piecemeal, like how BTMRR was.

Darth Sidious

It's that way in NY too. I spent one semester of college at C.W. Post Long Island University in NY. Everything was so expensive and they don't understand the word refill. Even though I lived in L.I. NY until I was 14, I decided one semester in college there was enough and packed up and went back to Florida!

Where on Long Island did you live? Things aren't too bad on LI... Midtown Manhattan is far worse.

Darth Sidious

Okay couple of thoughts/questions....

Would any delays in 7DMTC be construction related or budget related?

Any chance that Michael Eisner be positioning himself to take Iger's place?

Doubt it but I wouldn't mind round two for a few years. At least he cares about the product and creativity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom