The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
I know we shouldn't bash exes. ... BUT ... I get that D23 and Zenia Mucha ordered my old pal Lee MacDonald to shut down his vastly superior fanzine, Tales From the Laughing Place in order to keep his work contract with WDI-Entertainment Asia.

But he fell to Disney's muscle. ... Sadly, though, there are many people who have paid for subscriptions that haven't gotten an issue in over 3 1/2 years with no refunds and no communication from Lee. Not kewl ... not at all.

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
Every friend that I have who lives in O-Town seems to be miserable. Some who work for Disney, some who work for UNI, some who work for themselves.

I honestly wish they'd all move away as fast as is possible because I don't believe what any of them are looking for can be found there.

Californian Elitist

WDW1974

Original Poster
I don't get the phenomenon that is Shake Shack. And I read a less than stellar review of the place on USA Today's website a few hours ago. ... But I have friends visiting and they want to go, so I guess it's time to try it out.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I remember celebrating Disneyland's first fifty years, and now, next year, the park is turning sixty. I don't know where time is going.

Hopefully you're planning on being there next year!

I wouldn't miss it for all the MAGIC Bands in WDW's warehouses! Nope. And I had better see you there (and hopefully later this year too!) :)

WDW1974

Original Poster
A few final notes for the night ... I'll be here for a while, but between being ill for a month (nope, not dead yet ... sorry, Dr. Blondie, InoverherheadMeg and Weatherman -- Jenn should appreciate the fact I placed her with people she'll never be mentioned with again no matter if she lives to 115!), being so behind in so many things and, naturally, planning my Faux Top One Percent Spirited Spring Holiday Far, Far Away From WDW, I did want to mention I will be taking another sabbatical from MAGIC in the near future. But like a bad case of herpes, I always come back.

But that is down the road ... I will be here on into April.

Finally, what do you do when you have a friend whose life has been taken over by Twitter? When you really care, but don't know what to do and you don't have @Lee around and his HOT wife to help mellow you out at the intervention? Tweeting 28 hours a day isn't a problem, is it?

Stitchon

Yes, I said Fun With Tweets was done, but this really is special.
It takes a lot to have me ROTFLMFAO but this did. Should I get tees and pins made up saying Spirited Disney Menace to Society? Who would buy one?

Philip Kippel ‏@kippelphilip223 Mar 17
@DarthDopey @hintofspy Anyone who's a friend of WDW1974 is an enemy of mine! That guy is a menace to society! :mad:

His Twitter feed is... special. Especially when you consider the characters he's tweeting at when he's not kibitzing with lifestylers and threatening members of WDWMagic (and other online communities).

Last edited:

SirLink

Yes, I said Fun With Tweets was done, but this really is special.
It takes a lot to have me ROTFLMFAO but this did. Should I get tees and pins made up saying Spirited Disney Menace to Society? Who would buy one?

Philip Kippel ‏@kippelphilip223 Mar 17
@DarthDopey @hintofspy Anyone who's a friend of WDW1974 is an enemy of mine! That guy is a menace to society! :mad:

I remember looking at what he was putting on his twitter account and who he was communicating with over Winter and well what he was doing wasn't very PG almost into the deviant category.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
I don't get the phenomenon that is Shake Shack. And I read a less than stellar review of the place on USA Today's website a few hours ago. ... But I have friends visiting and they want to go, so I guess it's time to try it out.

It's pretty good, I wasn't even aware they've expanded to Florida. It's a manhattanite place, part of the original lure was it's original location being in Madison Square Park. The food is pretty good and frequently draws huge lines at each location in NY. They have one in Citi Field and it constantly has a long line, one that will cause you to miss innings.

I'd actually like to know what you think, I'm not sure it's the best but it isn't bad at all in my opinion.

bhg469

The line for it is incredible at mets games. Having said that there is a filet mignon sandwich a few yards away from there that puts shake shack to shame. This of course is at the best baseball stadium in NY.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom