The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Apparently I am in a time machine today. Steve just put out there that animal kingdom is closing at six today. Studios is closing at seven. Epcot is it's normal 9 o'clock and Magic Kingdom has a party so it also closes at seven.

What is this, 2004? Guest attendance is pretty heavy the past couple weeks… There's nothing to justify closing the parks this early.

Except being overbudget for staffing, That could hurt someones bonus. As to the customers who cares they will be back no matter what...

PhotoDave219

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Apparently I am in a time machine today. Steve just put out there that animal kingdom is closing at six today. Studios is closing at seven. Epcot is it's normal 9 o'clock and Magic Kingdom has a party so it also closes at seven.

What is this, 2004? Guest attendance is pretty heavy the past couple weeks… There's nothing to justify closing the parks this early.
My understanding, from a very reliable source, god himself, (no not spirit, the other one) is that it is rumored that the Ebola virus is most active after dark, so it is imperative that they close early to protect the huddled masses. Disney is always thinking about the safety of its Guests.

71jason

I would definitely say he does not control a major portion of the Disney fan forum. Funny how it's really only on this board that people talk about him being all high and mighty...outside of this board most, including myself, have no idea who the guy even is, even that Brigante guy is a nobody...I don't even know what websites they are affiliated with. Honestly, I would say that the top website for all things Disney outside of the companies' own website would be all ears.

I think you underestimate the "casual" Disney fan base. People who don't live on the boards, but still consider themselves Disney World fans and have a passing interest in what's new at the parks. I think Mongello owns that market, like Tour Guide Mike used to and Steve Birnbaum before that (different era/media, same audience). Trust me when I say when Mongello walks through EPCOT, people come up to him. He's definitely achieved minor celebrity status.

the.dreamfinder

I think you underestimate the "casual" Disney fan base. People who don't live on the boards, but still consider themselves Disney World fans and have a passing interest in what's new at the parks. I think Mongello owns that market, like Tour Guide Mike used to and Steve Birnbaum before that (different era/media, same audience). Trust me when I say when Mongello walks through EPCOT, people come up to him. He's definitely achieved minor celebrity status.
Didn't Birmbaum sell out to Disney?

Nubs70

My understanding, from a very reliable source, god himself, (no not spirit, the other one) is that it is rumored that the Ebola virus is most active after dark, so it is imperative that they close early to protect the huddled masses. Disney is always thinking about the safety of its Guests.
If they were truly worried of customer safety, WDW would place border control at the bridge to Discovery Island and on the pathway to Asia followed by a quarantine of Hamarabe and armed guards at Rafikis train station.

skubersky

If Seth Kubyerski put out the real reason Bayou of Blood show was killed, would he continue to get such good access?
I'll never know if what I reported about Bayou was "the real reason" because (as in any big business) there are often multipe real reasons behind any decision. But I've known Aiello a long time, and when he can't tell me the truth he knows to just not tell me anything at all. He went out of his way to tell me what I quoted, when he could have easily stuck with the generic response PR gave me.

And while I do get invited to a few press events each year, I don't really get that much special access. I wasn't invited to any of the Compound events, or the Face Off media event last week. 90% of what I report comes from using my annual pass almost every day, and building 18 years worth of contacts in and around the company.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If they were truly worried of customer safety, WDW would place border control at the bridge to Discovery Island and on the pathway to Asia followed by a quarantine of Hamarabe and armed guards at Rafikis train station.

@Nubs70 I like the way you think, Perhaps some armed border guards at the entrance for more local flavor...

RSoxNo1

Listened to an interesting exchange with Jim Cramer on the topic of IBM.
  • He stated that the stock price of IBM is solely the result of buybacks.
  • Buybacks are unsustainable.
  • IBM is producing nothing new.
  • IBM is failing to compete in new technology spaces
This is an observation Disney needs to use for a bit of introspection.

Does Po4 have any readily available data to compare IBM buybacks to $DIS buybacks?
He's not wrong. But relative to what Disney is doing, they are continuing to produce movies and have several HUGE movies coming out in the next few years. I don't think the two companies are in the same boat.

Cesar R M

And IBM paid 4.7 billion to have someone take over their chip fab which makes the chips for IBM s only profitable product lines.

Note the recurrent theme in American business no one wants to do the heavy lifting required to be competitive. They just want to do financial engineering
Well, that pretty much gives the top executives and CEOS the big umbrella.
they can collapse the company anytime.. they will still get a nifty bonus.

So its always a win win for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom