The Spirit Takes the Fifth ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalkingHead

Was at a Frozen screening at DTD on Saturday, great film btw. The "Get a Horse" short is fantastic and deserves to be seen in 3D. Anyways, had some "lifestylers" behind us complaining how it was a "media/blog event" but they couldn't post about it because they took our phones away so people couldn't record the film. Thought that was funny.

Everybody's favorite Ricky did an interesting flip flop with Frozen.

After the movie he tweeted it has "really good parts, really eh parts." Sounds pretty ambivalent, right?

His review a few days later calls it a "beautiful and funny adventure that's a sure-fire Disney classic."

I know, I know. Shocking, isn't it?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Everybody's favorite Ricky did an interesting flip flop with Frozen.

After the movie he tweeted it has "really good parts, really eh parts." Sounds pretty ambivalent, right?

His review a few days later calls it a "beautiful and funny adventure that's a sure-fire Disney classic."

I know, I know. Shocking, isn't it?

Having read his entire review it seems in line with the tweet. While he is mainly positive in the review he does bring up a number of negative points. Seems like a balanced review to me.

TinkerBelle8878

The news of Imagination closing for good is kind of the final nail in the coffin for Epcot and Future World.

Isn't the newest 'theme' for Disney, 'Show Your Disney Side'? Maybe actions speak louder than words as far as saving Figment goes. Do these letters ever do anything? At least at WDW? DL maybe.

Use their own marketing against them. I say pull out the royal purple tees make them look like Figment and start posting tweets and pics on all the sites (Instagram, Facebook, etc). Those who are going to be at WDW, take the pictures right outside Imagination where there's no question where its taken. Title it all 'Save Figment' (yeah a take on Save Ferris :p) and maybe that will at least prove that turning Imagination into another WOL convention space is a bad, bad, idea.

This was how HOrizons ended. No one visited and then it was closed. In Imaginations case, funny how no one will take the blame of a bad show as opposed to non-interest.

cheezbat

eisner2.jpg

(Anyone else miss him yet?)

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Shanghai Roster:

(as in the full resort lineup of what is included in the mainland's MK ...I only have a list right now, some things will be clearer than others, but it is comprehensive) :

Let's start with the hotels, first the high end SDLH followed by the more budget Toy Story Hotel.

SDL Hotel

AURORA
Bacchus Lounge
Ballet Cafe
Cinderella Ballroom
Fairytale Terrace
Pool of Good Wishes
Crown Room
Concerto Cafeteria
Dreams
Fantasia Suite
Great Lawn
Hakuna Matata Oasis
King Triton Pool
Lumiere's Kitchen
Magic Kingdom Club
Magic Kingdom Suites
Mickey Mouse Playhouse
Rose Garden Gazebo
Sorceror Suite
Tinker Bell Gifts

Toy Story Hotel

Bonnie's Playroom
Buzz Lightyear Courtyard
Lotso Shop
The Lunch Box
Sunnyside Cafe
Sunnyside Market
Woody Courtyard

Moving on, it appears that SDL's version of DD will be called .....drum roll ....

Disneytown (featuring ...

BROADWAY PLAZA
The Walt Disney Grand Theatre

FOOD & ART DISTRICT

FOOD STREET

MARKETPLACE DISTRICT

World of Disney Store
Spoonful of Sugar
TrenD
D Street
D Tech
The Happiest Place

THE WATERFRONT

Now, let's start a new post for the parks land:

Goofyernmost

The news of Imagination closing for good is kind of the final nail in the coffin for Epcot and Future World.

Isn't the newest 'theme' for Disney, 'Show Your Disney Side'? Maybe actions speak louder than words as far as saving Figment goes. Do these letters ever do anything? At least at WDW? DL maybe.

Use their own marketing against them. I say pull out the royal purple tees make them look like Figment and start posting tweets and pics on all the sites (Instagram, Facebook, etc). Those who are going to be at WDW, take the pictures right outside Imagination where there's no question where its taken. Title it all 'Save Figment' (yeah a take on Save Ferris :p) and maybe that will at least prove that turning Imagination into another WOL convention space is a bad, bad, idea.

This was how HOrizons ended. No one visited and then it was closed. In Imaginations case, funny how no one will take the blame of a bad show as opposed to non-interest.
The thing is that Figment has been so played down at Imagination that by now the importance of his remaining isn't much stronger then that of the Dreamfinder. The concept is dead. It needs to be done with something new. It is to limited to have to include Figment. When Figment was at his highest popularity my daughters were about 10 years old. One of them is almost 40 now. There are only a few of us that remember what the original Figment was like and why he became so popular. Saving Figment is almost a sure way to get the pavilion leveled and replaced with a playground.

They have a beautiful building and room for a great ride and movie, they just have to do it. Redoing that area using the old track is a lot cheaper then rebuilding, however, if the a new concept is promoted, it may not fit in the old location. It's probably easier to just close it then to have a bunch of disappointed Imagination fans constantly moaning about the past and not allowing anything new to fill the space. I loved the original, but the original is dead and buried. No matter how much I might want it to still be there, it isn't. No amount of protest, letters, e-mail or tweets is going to change that. That ship has sailed!

wdwfan4ver

I agree. But as long as the shareholders are happy........ When does Iger leave and maybe his entourage?
I remembered Iger mentioning early this year that he will leave in 2016. I don't know about his entourage though because it depends on different factors including who Iger wants as his successor

Thomas Staggs was born in 1961, and Jay Rasulo was born in 1956. I mentioned 1956 for Jay on an article I read. He claimed to be 10 years in 1966 when he started a paper route. People retire at different ages and I rather not predict when Jay and Thomas retires

How long Jay and Thomas stay is based on My Magic plus. If My Magic plus is a big disaster, Staggs and Rasulo will jump ship.

willtravel

I remembered Iger mentioning early this year that he will leave in 2016. I don't know about his entourage though because it depends on different factors including who Iger wants as his successor

Thomas Staggs was born in 1961, and Jay Rasulo was born in 1956. I mentioned 1956 for Jay on an article I read. He claimed to be 10 years in 1966 when he started a paper route. People retire at different ages and I rather not predict when Jay and Thomas retires

How long Jay and Thomas stay is based on My Magic plus. If My Magic plus is a big disaster, Staggs and Rasulo will jump ship.
Plenty of time to do more damage.

WDW1974

Original Poster
SDL Fantasyland:

Alice in Wonderland Maze
Castle Gifts
Corner Market
Enchanted Storybook Castle
"Once Upon a Time" Adventure
Storybook Court
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Royal Banquet Hall
Evergreen Playhouse
Hundred Acre Goods
Hundred Acre Wood
Hunny Pot Spin
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Merlin's Magic Recipe
Mountain Treasures
Peter Pan-s Flight
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Storybook Castle Stage Spectacular
Sword in the Stone
Tangled Tree Tavern
Troubadour Treats

VILLAGE COMPLEX

Pinocchio Village Kitchen
Be Our Guest Boutique
Mickey and Minnie's Mercantile
Fairy Godmother's Cupboard
Voyage to the Crystal Grotto

WDW1974

Original Poster
SDL Mickey Avenue:

Melody Gardens
Carefree Corner
Chip & Dale's Treehouse Treats
First Aid/Baby Care

LEFT BLOCK

Avenue M Arcade
Club 33
Il Paperino
Lucky Express

MAIN ENTRANCE PORTAL

Lockers
Mickey & Pals Market Cafe
PORTAL -- Walt Disney Theatre
Remy's Patisserie

RIGHT BLOCK

Sweethearts Confectionary
Whistle Stop Shop

WDW1974

Original Poster
SDL Tomorrowland:

Well Spring
Alpha, Beta, Gamma
Arena E
Arena E Stage

CONCOURSE

First Aid -- Tomorrowland
Jet Packs
Meet & Greet
Power Supply
Spiral Snacks
SUPERBLOCK
Stitch Encounter
Buzz Lightyear Planet Rescue
Stargazer Grill
Intergalactic Imports
The Light Stuff (ODV)
TRON COVER
Tron Lightcycles Power Run

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
REALLLLL nice.

https://twitter.com/Jason_Garcia/status/402460611964973056

Friend sent me that. Amazing what I would miss out on by not having these Social Window Into Lives if friends did not have it.

I wonder if they gave Kalogridis prompts to My Disney Experience media questions when they dumped it in his lap? :in pain: How stupid does this man think everyone but him is? :(

That was strike one for today Disney....

Then Iger on the View at Disneyland, sweetly talking about taking his grandchild for the child's first trip to Disneyland, Oh Puke! Cause he screams warm and fuzzy grandpa.:rolleyes:

That was strike two........

Plenty of time yet today for strike three :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom